Let's talk select baseball

48,499 Views | 428 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Al Bula
agracer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bo Darville said:

4133 said:

This thread delivers

And it's insanely sad.
yeah, I thought select/premier soccer was bad, but that can't hold a candle to what I'm reading on this thread.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
That and baseball-junkie is a MF Barnes sock.
agsalaska
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

agsalaska said:

First weekend tournament is first week of March. First league game is week after spring break.

Our entire team is playing a rec basketball league in Temple starting this weekend. They are spread across like 7 different teams. It ends the last week of February.

How is the basketball season going?

Do y'all ever make any of the CTX USSSA tourneys in RR, PF, Georgetown or do y'all stick with Waco stuff? I see a lot of other Morgan's Point Resort (never heard of the city until we played a team from there) and Temple teams that do come down.
Basketball starts this Thursday. We haven't played a game yet. They play 8 games in 6 weeks.

We played USSSA in Round Rock and Georgetown. We also played in Waco and here locally. There are a few other teams that we seem to follow around the area. The Georgetown tourney was raining and was eventually called off. I liked Round Rock but that place is HUGE. I think my favorite facility so far is Harker Heights. I would imagine we will come down to GT/RR three or four times this season.

Funny, I live about 100 yards from Morgan's Point and a couple of our players live there. But it is a part of Belton ISD and doesn't in any way have it's own identity. If you ask them they will probably tell you they are from Belton or Temple.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Baseball-Junkie
blindey said:

That and baseball-junkie is a MF Barnes sock.

You and Ben both sound like brain dead liberals. "Nah uh, you are a racist, sexist Nazi." It's about the same level of intellect regarding thinking everyone you disagree with or doesn't fit your mold, is Barnes.

Just to appease the Texags mob, I'll even retake the photo for Ben:

It's funny that staff allows posters to crap all over people in this thread or elsewhere, but would remove a photo that Ben uploaded of himself, to his Game of Thrones message board.
Baseball-Junkie
agsalaska said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

agsalaska said:

First weekend tournament is first week of March. First league game is week after spring break.

Our entire team is playing a rec basketball league in Temple starting this weekend. They are spread across like 7 different teams. It ends the last week of February.

Do y'all ever make any of the CTX USSSA tourneys in RR, PF, Georgetown or do y'all stick with Waco stuff? I see a lot of other Morgan's Point Resort (never heard of the city until we played a team from there) and Temple teams that do come down.
Basketball starts this Thursday. We haven't played a game yet. They play 8 games in 6 weeks.

We played USSSA in Round Rock and Georgetown. We also played in Waco and here locally. There are a few other teams that we seem to follow around the area. The Georgetown tourney was raining and was eventually called off. I liked Round Rock but that place is HUGE. I think my favorite facility so far is Harker Heights. I would imagine we will come down to GT/RR three or four times this season.

Funny, I live about 100 yards from Morgan's Point and a couple of our players live there. But it is a part of Belton ISD and doesn't in any way have it's own identity. If you ask them they will probably tell you they are from Belton or Temple.

Well, good luck in the basketball tourney and with the upcoming baseball season.

The team we played from Morgan's Point was Texas Terror. Are you familiar with them?
03_Aggie
Can you two go rub each other off via email or PMs?

Signed-

People who don't give a **** about your upcoming baseball schedule.
Oryx
how many bags of big league chew has this thread gone through so far
Joe Exotic
AG
03_Aggie said:

Signed-

Yep. Take it to Baseball Other or a pedo board.
Baseball-Junkie
03_Aggie said:

Signed-

Or you can stay off the baseball thread. That's probably the more logical thing, rather than having us not talk baseball in a baseball thread.
Joe Exotic
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

03_Aggie said:

Signed-

Or you can stay off the baseball thread. That's probably the more logical thing, rather than having us not talk baseball in a baseball thread.

It's in the General board so it's fair game for all ridicule and **** talking. If you want to talk serious baseball there's a forum for that Barnes.
Baseball-Junkie
Bo Darville said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

03_Aggie said:

Signed-

It's in the General board so it's fair game for all ridicule and **** talking. If you want to talk serious baseball there's a forum for that Barnes.

Ha. It's the general board and "fair game for all" but don't talk baseball in the baseball thread. I didn't start the thread, so I had no control over it's placement. It's just amusing to read the comments from people who open a baseball thread, read it, reply to it and then complain about said subject matter.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
I'm willing to bet the Venn diagram of ******y names and kids in select baseball is a pretty tight overlay.
Joe Exotic
AG
Ol_Ag_02 said:

I'm willing to bet the Venn diagram of ******y names and kids in select baseball is a pretty tight overlay.

But it looks so cool engraved their "championship rings".
Hendrix
AG
looks like the water is warm, so I'll jump in. I have a 10u that played fall ball this past year and was bored out of his mind due to the lack of competition. He begged us to try out for a select team and he starts practice in a few weeks.This select team works around little league spring ball which is more competitive and he wants to play with his friends. If he doesn't like it after this year, we'll move on to something else. I don't care what his passion is but he'll be involved in something outside of school and studying and will work hard at it.
AgZoidberg
AG
I played select baseball and loved every *******ed minute of it. Ended up on scholarship at a JUCO and D3 school. Never got a degree so I ended up an engineer at A&M. A few years ago my 5 year old son said he wants to play select baseball and I said, "Goddamit if it is your passion then we will do it." Lucky for me my wife has huge cans, like, 36Ds with a skinny waist to boot. (That's what JUCO and D3 baseball get you). Anywho, because of my wife's huge cans we decided to put Jr into a select program thinking he will start pitching and guess what happened next? They put his ass in right field batting last in the order. I was sooooo pissed I decided to drive my jacked up F250 city truck down the SuperbaseballmaxUSAforever facility and told that summ***** baseball coach a thing or two.
I said, "listen here you summ*****. My son deserves to play pitcher. Have you seen his mom's huge cans?" He said, "yes, and they are awesome." He then said my son needs to work on his hitting, throwing, and running. I said, "that's your job as your the damn coach and he practices three times a week plus games and tournaments on weekends" He then went on some diatribe about working hard and extra time. "I said Jr already goes fishing 3 days a week, soccer practice 2 days a week and basketball practice 2 days a week. Plus games on weekends." Coach said, "Look here. NOBODY has put more kids into JUCO programs than me. I am the best in the business." I go and asked Jr. what his true passion is and he says "Dammit daddy I love baseball and the other stuff, but I hate school". I said, "Well there you go, problem solved." So I pulled his mediocre ass out of school, (they was just finger painting anyway), and we added 5 more practices a week. Then we bought him a Lamborghini bat and guess what happened next. After 10 years I'm proud to say Jr has moved to third base and bats 7th in the rotation. He's talking to scouts who think he can go JUCO if he can score something on the ACT. They basically told him to show up and he will get the scholarship.
Here's the problem. Yesterday, Jr came around and said he was tired of baseball and he just wants to code. I asked him again if baseball was his passion and he said no, coding is. I said, "Jr, you cant ****in read or do basic math. We pulled you out of school when you was 7 to play ball." He said, "I know, but coding is my passion now, and I want to do that. You don't know how to raise me." I said, "No one tells me how to raise my child. I'm a great parent and a true southern democrat liberal hippy."
Anyways, JR is a boot camp as we speak learning math, reading, and coding, because, goddamit it's his passion. They let him into the boot camp because they liked my wife's huge cans

We have spent $100,000,000 on select baseball, Ferrari bats, gloves, hotels, team t-shirts, eating out, gas, and coding camp

My sons name is Kolton Barnes. Remeber that when he is coding for League of Legends or I'll fight you in the Woodlands, or maybe Conroe
AgEng06
AG
AgZoidberg said:

I played select baseball and loved every *******ed minute of it. Ended up on scholarship at a JUCO and D3 school. Never got a degree so I ended up an engineer at A&M. A few years ago my 5 year old son said he wants to play select baseball and I said, "Goddamit if it is your passion then we will do it." Lucky for me my wife has huge cans, like, 36Ds with a skinny waist to boot. (That's what JUCO and D3 baseball get you). Anywho, because of my wife's huge cans we decided to put Jr into a select program thinking he will start pitching and guess what happened next? They put his ass in right field batting last in the order. I was sooooo pissed I decided to drive my jacked up F250 city truck down the SuperbaseballmaxUSAforever facility and told that summ***** baseball coach a thing or two.
I said, "listen here you summ*****. My son deserves to play pitcher. Have you seen his mom's huge cans?" He said, "yes, and they are awesome." He then said my son needs to work on his hitting, throwing, and running. I said, "that's your job as your the damn coach and he practices three times a week plus games and tournaments on weekends" He then went on some diatribe about working hard and extra time. "I said Jr already goes fishing 3 days a week, soccer practice 2 days a week and basketball practice 2 days a week. Plus games on weekends." Coach said, "Look here. NOBODY has put more kids into JUCO programs than me. I am the best in the business." I go and asked Jr. what his true passion is and he says "Dammit daddy I love baseball and the other stuff, but I hate school". I said, "Well there you go, problem solved." So I pulled his mediocre ass out of school, (they was just finger painting anyway), and we added 5 more practices a week. Then we bought him a Lamborghini bat and guess what happened next. After 10 years I'm proud to say Jr has moved to third base and bats 7th in the rotation. He's talking to scouts who think he can go JUCO if he can score something on the ACT. They basically told him to show up and he will get the scholarship.
Here's the problem. Yesterday, Jr came around and said he was tired of baseball and he just wants to code. I asked him again if baseball was his passion and he said no, coding is. I said, "Jr, you cant ****in read or do basic math. We pulled you out of school when you was 7 to play ball." He said, "I know, but coding is my passion now, and I want to do that. You don't know how to raise me." I said, "No one tells me how to raise my child. I'm a great parent and a true southern democrat liberal hippy."
Anyways, JR is a boot camp as we speak learning math, reading, and coding, because, goddamit it's his passion. They let him into the boot camp because they liked my wife's huge cans

We have spent $100,000,000 on select baseball, Ferrari bats, gloves, hotels, team t-shirts, eating out, gas, and coding camp

My sons name is Kolton Barnes. Remeber that when he is coding for League of Legends or I'll fight you in the Woodlands, or maybe Conroe
TarponChaser
My older boy plays select but that was gottdamned glorious.
JoeAggie5
LOL it is that time of year so let's provide an update on my metro level boys (sorry no pics of rings/trophies):

Kid 1 (14U) - 1 season select, rest metro, tried out for 3 select teams, and one HS prep team....made all 3 select teams, all 3 wanted him to play a year ahead, made HS prep team (60 kids tried out, 11 picked) SUCK IT

Kid 2 (12U)- No select, metro, tried out for 2 select teams, both asked if he could move up two age groups, SUCK IT

Kid 3 (10U) - Playing metro and loving it

Kid 4 - 8U team breaking up because they are moving to select (SO STUPID)

They all play multiple sports (no year round), and have a life outside of sports. They play probably about 7-8 months of organized sports.

PhatMack19
AG
Brother in law made this for my 7 yr old for Christmas. He was pumped. He's ready to fill it up this Spring

Joe Exotic
AG
That is brilliant. It's so spot on I was about halfway through before I realized it was satire.
JoeAggie5 said:

LOL it is that time of year so let's provide an update on my metro level boys (sorry no pics of rings/trophies):

Kid 1 (14U) - 1 season select, rest metro, tried out for 3 select teams, and one HS prep team....made all 3 select teams, all 3 wanted him to play a year ahead, made HS prep team (60 kids tried out, 11 picked) SUCK IT

Kid 2 (12U)- No select, metro, tried out for 2 select teams, both asked if he could move up two age groups, SUCK IT

Kid 3 (10U) - Playing metro and loving it

Kid 4 - 8U team breaking up because they are moving to select (SO STUPID)

They all play multiple sports (no year round), and have a life outside of sports. They play probably about 7-8 months of organized sports.

Speaking of satire, I almost thought this one was real too. Well done!
JoeAggie5
So a bit of an explanation, we did one season of select and it just wasn't for us, my son did fine (not great, not awful) and he liked it. We were honestly in probably best case scenario with the coaches and club (two practices a week, two tournaments a month, one overnight travel tournament the whole season).

There seems to be a lot of guys on here that think year round, select only, is the formula for whatever they are hoping their son accomplishes in baseball, I despise that attitude. My post was real to show you don't have to sign Jimmy up for 5U select and play year round to make a HS level select team.

If I've saved one person from signing up for select baseball too early, it was worth it. (ok this part is satire)
agsalaska
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

So a bit of an explanation, we did one season of select and it just wasn't for us, my son did fine (not great, not awful) and he liked it. We were honestly in probably best case scenario with the coaches and club (two practices a week, two tournaments a month, one overnight travel tournament the whole season).

There seems to be a lot of guys on here that think year round, select only, is the formula for whatever they are hoping their son accomplishes in baseball, I despise that attitude. My post was real to show you don't have to sign Jimmy up for 5U select and play year round to make a HS level select team.

If I've saved one person from signing up for select baseball too early, it was worth it. (ok this part is satire)

Actually, most guys that are on here that are actively involved in select baseball do not think any of that. They just enjoy it and their kids have a blast. It is the trolls on here that look stupid.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
agsalaska
AG
Baseball-Junkie said:

agsalaska said:

Baseball-Junkie said:

agsalaska said:

Well, good luck in the basketball tourney and with the upcoming baseball season.

The team we played from Morgan's Point was Texas Terror. Are you familiar with them?
Yes I have heard of them. They are a year older than our oldest team. Most of those kids are Belton ISD kids.
BurnetAggie99
We did a little All Decade team for 1st and Second team some of the notable guys play in the program.

https://twitter.com/BanditosStaff/status/1213334202130800640/photo/1

https://twitter.com/BanditosStaff/status/1213334202130800640/photo/2
96ags
AG
Will there be an all-decade prostitute post as well??
BurnetAggie99
Lol see there some Haters out there. It's typical when your one of best clubs in the country. I've coached in the program long time and it's a great program. That always gets brought up by the outsiders and you never here all the good things that the program, all the coaches have done for all the young men that have wore the Black & White. Also good people make mistakes sometimes and it's my opinion that a good person shouldn't be judge like that.
texasag_01
AG
I'm there right now with my oldest, 11. This will be our second year and it's fantastic; my son made the move, as it was his decision. We even came from a team that was coached by Roger Clemens son, Koby. He loves being around the older kids that come back and guys working through the minors. Say what you want about Ray, but he's been awesome with introducing my son to the former players and giving him goals to reach for.
96ags
AG
BurnetAggie99 said:

Lol see there some Haters out there. It's typical when your one of best clubs in the country. I've coached in the program long time and it's a great program. That always gets brought up by the outsiders and you never here all the good things that the program, all the coaches have done for all the young men that have wore the Black & White. Also good people make mistakes sometimes and it's my opinion that a good person shouldn't be judge like that.
Ha, definitely not a hater. Don't be so sensitive, I was just poking fun.

No doubt the Banditos have put together some very good teams over the years.

Just like every other organization, there are positives and negatives as well as good and not so good people associated with them.
BurnetAggie99
I agree with that nobody is perfect every club going to have that like you mention. If they say otherwise there lying. I also was being little sarcastic and poking fun back.
JoeAggie5
I'm sure he's a good guy, but he did make a mistake (or accused) and for parents to be concerned shouldn't be dismissed so lightly (i know this is a forum and you handle differently in real life). I believe his letter said he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, not sure how you put yourself in that position during a tournament weekend, very poor judgement on his part, which I believe he also admitted.

Serious question, do kids get moved around constantly to various teams within the club based on practice/game performance? For example, I heard rumor that if kid does bad in a game, he's immediately punished and dropped to lower performing team. Does that happen or totally false?
BurnetAggie99
That's not true and false.
JoeAggie5
What part is not true? The stuff about Ray? He never sent a letter, what was in letter/post not accurate, no letter? BTW, I have no idea if charges were dismissed, convicted, etc. I assume dismissed or some agreement made since he's still involved?

I assume the "false" is in response to my serious question?
PoohAh97
AG
JoeAggie5 said:

What part is not true? The stuff about Ray? He never sent a letter, what was in letter/post not accurate, no letter? BTW, I have no idea if charges were dismissed, convicted, etc. I assume dismissed or some agreement made since he's still involved?

I assume the "false" is in response to my serious question?
This is almost interesting. Who is Ray? What's the drama there? Did he fiddle a kiddie?
BurnetAggie99
Your serious question

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.