GB- solve America's gun violence issue

23,625 Views | 254 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hph6203
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Potcake said:

That is exactly what you said. You placed partial blame on social media and the MSM. Read what you wrote.
I didn't say ignore the shooting. I was speaking in broader terms than just that. The MSM and social media blow up major events like this and completely ignore equally major events like the thousands of people killed in Chicago and other places because this event gives them a big stage to hammer gun control, ignoring the places like Chicago that prove gun control won't work.
aggieforester05
AG
Stop using the term "gun violence". Liberals use this to make the debate about guns and not about the psychopaths that will kill regardless of access to guns. Their agenda is not about stopping mass shootings, but stripping or preventing the future sale of guns to law abiding citizens. Mental health and psychotropic drugs need to be addressed, not stripping the rights of millions. If these nut bags can't get a gun legally, they'll buy a gun illegally, they'll build a bomb or drive a truck into a crowd. Gun control is not about the criminals.
aggieforester05
AG
BostonAg74 said:

Can't be solved. The first amendment prevents us from restricting the kind of indoctrination that is turning out and encouraging these nutcases. And that bleeds over to the second amendment extremists who see limitations on weapons of war as a threat to firearms for self defense and hunting. Let's face it: screwing with people's heads and amping up the crazy is a big part of our economy. As long as there is money to be made or political power to be acquired by striking a match in a room full of gasoline, the guys selling the matches and the gasoline are going to make out like bandits, and they don't want things to change. Hell, every time there's a mass shooting, it's Christmas morning for the gun dealers and the NRA. Gun sales go up, memberships skyrocket.

Mass shootings pretty much define what America is these days. Some will say it's just "the price of freedom". Others will say that it is another symptom of our rapid decline. Regardless of what you think it is, the idea that we can change things is pure fantasy. We are what we are: a country with an inordinate number of sexually repressed lunatics, many of whom are armed to the teeth. Nothing is going to change that. There's too much money to be made by maintaining the status quo.

Short answer: We're f****d.

How is it not? Why would any person who supports the 2nd amendment ever let a low life scum bag Democrat define the terms by which we can purchase weapons? You're talking about people who lie every time their mouth is moving and know jack **** about weapons.
Duckhook
AG
aggieforester05 said:

BostonAg74 said:

Can't be solved. The first amendment prevents us from restricting the kind of indoctrination that is turning out and encouraging these nutcases. And that bleeds over to the second amendment extremists who see limitations on weapons of war as a threat to firearms for self defense and hunting. Let's face it: screwing with people's heads and amping up the crazy is a big part of our economy. As long as there is money to be made or political power to be acquired by striking a match in a room full of gasoline, the guys selling the matches and the gasoline are going to make out like bandits, and they don't want things to change. Hell, every time there's a mass shooting, it's Christmas morning for the gun dealers and the NRA. Gun sales go up, memberships skyrocket.

Mass shootings pretty much define what America is these days. Some will say it's just "the price of freedom". Others will say that it is another symptom of our rapid decline. Regardless of what you think it is, the idea that we can change things is pure fantasy. We are what we are: a country with an inordinate number of sexually repressed lunatics, many of whom are armed to the teeth. Nothing is going to change that. There's too much money to be made by maintaining the status quo.

Short answer: We're f****d.

How is it not? Why would any person who supports the 2nd amendment ever let a low life scum bag Democrat define the terms by which we can purchase weapons? You're talking about people who lie every time their mouth is moving and know jack **** about weapons.

Forum 16 checking in.
concac
AG
Scumbag liberals....
Dumbass conservatives....

This is why nothing will ever get fixed in this country.
Bondag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Figure out a way to solve the MENTAL HEALTH problem and the rest will take care of itself. Get people help instead of ignoring/glorifying their illnesses.

You are mistaken. We do not have a mental health problem. We have thousands of homeless people living on the street because houses cost too much.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bondag said:

MooreTrucker said:

Figure out a way to solve the MENTAL HEALTH problem and the rest will take care of itself. Get people help instead of ignoring/glorifying their illnesses.

You are mistaken. We do not have a mental health problem. We have thousands of homeless people living on the street because houses cost too much.
Ah, I sit corrected.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
If guns disappeared overnight, then it would be knives or other edged weapons. Then sticks and stones. It would never stop.
Bondag
AG
Not necessarily a solution, but hire a psychologist for every 100 kids and make it mandatory. You may have time for an hour a month, but it is better than nothing.

If a kid has issues that need more time make it available after school or recommend to a psychiatrist, maybe even have a few in the district that go school to school.

De stigmatize mental health and address the actual issues.
tk for tu juan
hookers and weed
Dad
AG
Ban guns that are better than a pistol at killing a bunch of people.

Allow guns everywhere. Encourage law abiding citizens to carry guns if they feel capable of helping in a situation like that.

The mass shootings are usually at places that ban guns and I think letting crazy people buy AR-15s is a bad idea. We could outlaw that kind of gun and grandfather all the existing ones into still being legal. I think a lot of these people are using recently purchased guns to do their crimes.
Old Tom Morris
chipotle said:

By opening the borders, having a mandatory recall of all firearms, allow women to kill their children up until 18, slavery reparations, establish Islam as national religion, mandatory sex changes, and tax every middle class citizen and up 100% of their assets. Then and only then can this be resolved.

This pretty much sums it up. Although I'd add that the NL needs the DH rule
Old Tom Morris
Bondag said:

Not necessarily a solution, but hire a psychologist for every 100 kids and make it mandatory. You may have time for an hour a month, but it is better than nothing.

If a kid has issues that need more time make it available after school or recommend to a psychiatrist, maybe even have a few in the district that go school to school.

De stigmatize mental health and address the actual issues.

Which will quickly start penalizing kids for "wrongthink" and give the govt a path to taking away their rights
Dad-O-Lot
AG
The more of our society which moves away from, or denies an objective standard of morality, the more people on the edges will feel justified in their heinous acts.

People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
aggieforester05
AG
aggie-master said:

Ban guns that are better than a pistol at killing a bunch of people.

Allow guns everywhere. Encourage law abiding citizens to carry guns if they feel capable of helping in a situation like that.

The mass shootings are usually at places that ban guns and I think letting crazy people buy AR-15s is a bad idea. We could outlaw that kind of gun and grandfather all the existing ones into still being legal. I think a lot of these people are using recently purchased guns to do their crimes.
How do you determine that? The Taurus PT92 pistol I had (lost in a boating accident), would hold 19 rounds (18 in the magazine). It is much easier to conceal than an AR-15 and the magazines are lighter and smaller. A 9mm will kill someone just as dead as a .223. The Keltec PMR 30 is a pistol that will hold 30 .22 magnum bullets. I think statistics show more people are murdered with .22LR than any other caliber and there are tons of pistols out there that hold large amounts of those.

What about shot guns? Easier to hit people with and there are many semi auto varieties.

Should someone be able to buy this rifle?

but not this one?

tk for tu juan
Ginormus Ag said:

Mandatory open carry by everyone over 8 years old at all times. Think of it as natural selection on steroids.
concac
AG
Yeah you say all of that but if I was to give you a choice between a pistol and an AR, you would definitely pick the AR without hesitation.
Old Tom Morris
Seung-Hui Cho would be alright with it
Ragoo
AG
RealTalk said:

Yeah you say all of that but if I was to give you a choice between a pistol and an AR, you would definitely pick the AR without hesitation.
the AR, or rifles in general, allow the bad guy to dissociate themselves from their victims. A pistol would require closer combat. Not what a coward wants to face.
toucan82
It should be illegal to kill people.
chipotle
Old Tom Morris said:

chipotle said:

By opening the borders, having a mandatory recall of all firearms, allow women to kill their children up until 18, slavery reparations, establish Islam as national religion, mandatory sex changes, and tax every middle class citizen and up 100% of their assets. Then and only then can this be resolved.

This pretty much sums it up. Although I'd add that the NL needs the DH rule

CIVIL WARRR!!!!
Bondag
AG
toucan82 said:

It should be illegal to kill people.
Not according to Google. They have restricted a Prager U video of The Ten Commandments. They will lift the restriction allowing all ages to watch if he removes the word murder from The Ten Commandments video.
Dad
AG
RealTalk said:

Exactly. Pistols are awesome killing machines too but it makes it harder to kill 20+ with one if more sane law abiding citizens were carrying.
aggieforester05
AG
RealTalk said:

For home protection or in a battle scenario, yes. If I was a cowardly lunatic mass shooter going to a public place to slaughter innocents, I would choose a pair of pistols and about a dozen mags. Much easier to conceal and if one jams, then you have a back up.

Pistols account for far more murders than AR-15s yet the latter gets 100x as much attention. Why is that?

The vilification of AR-15s is about the liberal gun control agenda, not about stopping mass shootings. The left loves these shootings, they get great ammunition for the gun control debate and paint every shooter as a white supremacist to further their agenda of racial division in a pathetic attempt to scrape up votes for the Democrats.
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Shakes the Clown said:

I'll answer:

No one attends church regularly anymore.
God and his laws have been thrown out of our schools.

People have been killing people in the name of God since people have existed. I don't think this has much to do with it.
True Anomaly
AG
MooreTrucker said:

As a start- special tax on gun purchases that goes directly to expanding mental health hospitals/facilities/etc
ac04
True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

As a start- special tax on gun purchases that goes directly to expanding mental health hospitals/facilities/etc
that's not bad
Eric Forman
AG
Unfortunately we don't live in a utopia. There really is no solution. There will always be someone who wants to see the world burn. If not a gun, these types will find other tools of utility.

You think banning guns will solve the issue... the war on drugs says hi.

Think religion is the answer? The Crusades say "Hey, remember me?"

The closest we can hope for is this... begin backtracking on the narrative that law enforcement and government bear the burden for our personal safety. Instead accept that we bear that responsibility with occasional help from those sources. The unfortunate truth is that to have a fighting chance in protecting yourself is to be adequately armed. Hell, it's not just murderers that is a threat... if you don't know what I'm referring to, see the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and if you're up for some nice bathroom reading The Federalist Papers.

As sickening as the shooting events are, be wary of reactions that involve weakening law abiding citizens in favor of those who would have society destroyed.
Texarkanaag69
AG
Dad-o-Lot beat me to it: it is a heart condition. Already been a book written outlining the answers: The Bible.
concac
AG
Texarkanaag69 said:

nm
Potcake
AG
Well, this thread pretty quickly turned into a Forum 16 thread.
permabull
AG
aggieforester05
AG
We should do the same with your vote. Both constitutional rights that can be abused by the mentally ill. Of course pool taxes have been deemed illegal as should any tax designed to dissuade the exercisement of other constitutional rights. Normal sales tax rates are okay as long as they're not higher than other goods. Let's take the money for mental health from some other worthless liberal vote buying program.
aggieforester05
AG
That would be safer than a society where the only people in the gun free zones are the crazy criminals who don't care about the gun laws.
BostonAg74
Quote:

You're talking about people who lie every time their mouth is moving
Actually, I made a point not to talk about Trump at all.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.