GB- solve America's gun violence issue

23,632 Views | 254 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hph6203
Woody2006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Personally, I think this entire problem would be solved if the OP would post more pics of her tits.
concac
AG
aggieforester05 said:

AgsMyDude said:

RealTalk said:

Scumbag liberals....
Dumbass conservatives....

This is why nothing will ever get fixed in this country.

Yep. Our country is extremely divided right now. Both sides care more about winning their side than working together.

And both are to blame for it.
There is nothing to work with, with the liberals. Everything they want except for MJ legalisation is bad mojo. They are lying scum bags who hate America and white people. Why would anyone agree to negotiate with such pathological liars?

For the right, it's not so much about winning, but stopping the progressive leftist agenda from destroying the most successful country in the history of the world. An agenda which is unarguably supported by globalist that want to see the downfall of the American superpower. Liberals vary greatly, but they are either brainwashed, shockingly ignorant, insane, flat out evil, or a combination of the former options.

Do not take the overwhelming liberal bias in popular media, academia, and bureaucracy lightly. It is very dangerous!
Paranoia much?
Woody2006
AG
Dad-O-Lot said:

The more of our society which moves away from, or denies an objective standard of morality, the more people on the edges will feel justified in their heinous acts.

Right... the majority of heinous acts in the world are perpetrated by those who don't believe in objective morality.

Allah Ackbar, anyone?
Slicer97
AG
His post is dead-on accurate. Liberal policies have no redeeming value in a representative republic and those that hold them are enemies of what this nation is supposed to be.
concac
AG
Slicer97 said:

His post is dead-on accurate. Liberal policies have no redeeming value in a representative republic and those that hold them are enemies of what this nation is supposed to be.
You got brainwashed, too?
aggieforester05
AG
Can you name a single liberal policy position that is beneficial for this country?

Which part of my statement is untrue?
Slicer97
AG
Nope. Go re-read the Constituiton and tell me what the liberals are doing is ok.

A lot of what the Republicans are doing ain't ok either.
AgsMyDude
AG
aggieforester05 said:

AgsMyDude said:

RealTalk said:

Scumbag liberals....
Dumbass conservatives....

This is why nothing will ever get fixed in this country.

Yep. Our country is extremely divided right now. Both sides care more about winning their side than working together.

And both are to blame for it.
There is nothing to work with, with the liberals. Everything they want except for MJ legalisation is bad mojo. They are lying scum bags who hate America and white people. Why would anyone agree to negotiate with such pathological liars?

For the right, it's not so much about winning, but stopping the progressive leftist agenda from destroying the most successful country in the history of the world. An agenda which is unarguably supported by globalist that want to see the downfall of the American superpower. Liberals vary greatly, but they are either brainwashed, shockingly ignorant, insane, flat out evil, or a combination of the former options.

Do not take the overwhelming liberal bias in popular media, academia, and bureaucracy lightly. It is very dangerous!

And they'll same the type of **** about conservatives.

Thanks for making my point for me.
aggieforester05
AG
They're wrong about that too.
True Anomaly
AG
MooreTrucker said:

True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

Figure out a way to solve the MENTAL HEALTH problem and the rest will take care of itself. Get people help instead of ignoring/glorifying their illnesses.

As a start- special tax on gun purchases that goes directly to expanding mental health hospitals/facilities/etc
Only if there was a guarantee that the tax would be used for that instead of being routed somewhere else. Kinda like the Tx Lottery was supposed to be for education, then ends up in the general fund because Ma Richards was a lying Dem like all the rest of them.
Well of course it would only be earmarked specifically for mental health. I'm not going to go down rabbit holes of "well this happened in the past, so let's not try because it'll go down a path we don't want it to"- we're playing hypotheticals of how to start solving a problem. In Texas, guns will never not be popular. But mental health care is dire, to put it mildly. Tax all gun purchases to go towards re-expansion of mental health hospitals and funding for more mental health providers.
Slicer97
AG
True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

Figure out a way to solve the MENTAL HEALTH problem and the rest will take care of itself. Get people help instead of ignoring/glorifying their illnesses.

As a start- special tax on gun purchases that goes directly to expanding mental health hospitals/facilities/etc
Only if there was a guarantee that the tax would be used for that instead of being routed somewhere else. Kinda like the Tx Lottery was supposed to be for education, then ends up in the general fund because Ma Richards was a lying Dem like all the rest of them.
Well of course it would only be earmarked specifically for mental health. I'm not going to go down rabbit holes of "well this happened in the past, so let's not try because it'll go down a path we don't want it to"- we're playing hypotheticals of how to start solving a problem. In Texas, guns will never not be popular. But mental health care is dire, to put it mildly. Tax all gun purchases to go towards re-expansion of mental health hospitals and funding for more mental health providers.

**** that noise. We pay enough in taxes as it is. Government funded health care creates more problems than it solves.
Old Tom Morris
If we want to make a real mark on treating mental health issues, then giving our $$$ to the government is about the worst way I could think of to do it.
Ragoo
AG
Just force all males over 15 onto lithium
MooreTrucker
AG
True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

True Anomaly said:

MooreTrucker said:

That's not a "rabbit hole". That's "learn from the past".
Dad-O-Lot
AG
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
BBQ4Me
AG
https://images.app.goo.gl/aZWEvzB5X9hEtHEn9
Builder93
AG
UMichAg said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/aZWEvzB5X9hEtHEn9
I understand the correlation between gun ownership and mass murder. It makes sense since the gun is the most efficient and easiest to use, but the nations next on the list are China, Afghanistan, Russia, Iraq, etc...

Now show the statistics stating the number of people killed by their own government in those next few countries minus Canada.

My questions at this point are:

How do you control or monitor all of the guns in this country?

What are the number of murders by other methods in those other countries?

What are the levels of free speech allowed in countries with strict gun control laws?

What constitutes a "mass murder" in this study?

MooreTrucker
AG
Builder93 said:

This is the $64,000 question, and why true gun control will never happen in the US. All you can really do is take guns away from those that have actually registered their guns. Illegally owned guns will still be out there being used to kill people. How do you track down and confiscate those?

Can't.be.done.
P.C. Principal
MooreTrucker said:

Builder93 said:

This is the $64,000 question, and why true gun control will never happen in the US. All you can really do is take guns away from those that have actually registered their guns. Illegally owned guns will still be out there being used to kill people. How do you track down and confiscate those?

Can't.be.done.
Yeah, we because we have a truly ridiculous number of guns in the country. More than one per person. That is insane. You're right, we cant confiscate or ban them. The cat is way too far out of the bag.

But this also shows that widespread availability of guns are the problem. It's insanely easy to get your hands on a gun as a mentally unstable/evil person with intent to kill. It's not like the US has more mentally unstable people. It's that coupled with ease of access to firearms. That's why the US has a unique gun violence problem among developed nations. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

The Dayton killer had a hit list that the police knew about in 2012, and he still legally purchased a firearm. That is insane. And completely unacceptable.
Ragoo
AG
P.C. Principal said:

MooreTrucker said:

Builder93 said:

Can't.be.done.
Yeah, we because we have a truly ridiculous number of guns in the country. More than one per person. That is insane. You're right, we cant confiscate or ban them. The cat is way too far out of the bag.

But this also shows that widespread availability of guns are the problem. It's insanely easy to get your hands on a gun as a mentally unstable/evil person with intent to kill. It's not like the US has more mentally unstable people. It's that coupled with ease of access to firearms. That's why the US has a unique gun violence problem among developed nations. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in denial.

The Dayton killer had a hit list that the police knew about in 2012, and he still legally purchased a firearm. That is insane. And completely unacceptable.
what does the final point in your rant have to do with guns? Sounds like a symptom of bad police work. A failure of other fail safes in the bureaucracy.

So a couple of points to be made here.

1) it is a foundational tenant that MURDER is illegal in the country, but didn't prevent the event
2) police knew about his "hit list" and the system still allowed him to purchase a gun, intelligence didn't prevent the event
3) yet you think limiting the access to guns would have prevented the event?
P.C. Principal
It is absolutely a comment on bad police work, and a failure of the background check system. Same can be said about the Parkland shooter.

Yes, I think if guns were less accessible these types of shootings would not be near as frequent. I cannot state with any degree of certainty if it would have prevented El Paso or Dayton. But I also won't sit by the wayside and say "well **** happens, guess that's the price we pay for freedom" or some ****
Ragoo
AG
P.C. Principal said:

It is absolutely a comment on bad police work, and a failure of the background check system. Same can be said about the Parkland shooter.

Yes, I think if guns were less accessible these types of shootings would not be near as frequent. I cannot state with any degree of certainty if it would have prevented El Paso or Dayton. But I also won't sit by the wayside and say "well **** happens, guess that's the price we pay for freedom" or some ****
define less frequent.

We have an incident rate of about 1 for every 4.5MM people. Similar to most of Europe where gun rights are severely limited.
aggieforester05
AG
You'd just have more bombings, stabbings, and run overs. Crazy people are going to kill regardless of access to guns. Why do you want to punish the 99.99% of gun owners who will never commit a crime with their weapon?
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Here is how you really solve the problem:

You take all of the guns and sell them. Then I would take the proceeds from the gun sale and I would invest half of it in low risk mutual funds and then take the other half over to my friend Asadulah who works in securities...
MooreTrucker
AG
Ragoo said:

P.C. Principal said:

define less frequent.

We have an incident rate of about 1 for every 4.5MM people. Similar to most of Europe where gun rights are severely limited.
Can you point to a source for that number? I'd like to be able to use it. A lot.
P.C. Principal
aggieforester05 said:

You'd just have more bombings, stabbings, and run overs. Crazy people are going to kill regardless of access to guns. Why do you want to punish the 99.99% of gun owners who will never commit a crime with their weapon?
I've heard this line over and over but don't buy it. I know those types of attacks happen but there's a reason the vast majority are committed with guns. Take any recent mass shooting and you know it wouldnt have been near as bad if they used a knife. Guns are much easier to access than bombs too. "Crazy people are crazy" is a copout and punting on the issue.

I dont think lawful gun owners are the problem. At all. The problem (in a nutshell) is poor mental health, hateful and evil ideologies, and easy access to powerful firearms.
MooreTrucker
AG
P.C. Principal said:

aggieforester05 said:

I've heard this line over and over but don't buy it. I know those types of attacks happen but there's a reason the vast majority are committed with guns. Take any recent mass shooting and you know it wouldnt have been near as bad if they used a knife. Guns are much easier to access than bombs too. "Crazy people are crazy" is a copout and punting on the issue.

I dont think lawful gun owners are the problem. At all. The problem (in a nutshell) is poor mental health, hateful and evil ideologies, and easy access to powerful firearms.
Highlighting the true issue.

Also, correct that lawful gun owners are NOT the problem, but they're the ones that will suffer from the proposed "remedy".
Ragoo
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Ragoo said:

P.C. Principal said:

define less frequent.

Can you point to a source for that number? I'd like to be able to use it. A lot.
someone tweeted at me a chart showing the USA possessing 89guns per 100 people compared to European countries begging with Switzerland at half the number. Then it showed the total number of mass shootings 1983-2013. 73 in the USA versus 2 in Switzerland. Similar story for Norway, Finland, etc. then did the math.

2/8.5MM versus 73/327MM
aggieforester05
AG
I disagree that guns are the problem. Sure it's hard to get any real numbers with knives, but bombs are easily made out of household materials and the plans are readily available on the internet. Using a car as a weapon is about as easy as it gets.

If lawful gun owners are not the problem, then why does every solution proposed by the left punish lawful gun owners (ex. new sell bans, buybacks, or confiscation) or provide a path to do so (ex. registration, private sale background checks)?

Nobody on the right wants to see these massacres continue; however, we're not willing to sacrifice our rights to give liberals a false sense of security. Gun control has been and will continue to be an abject failure in this country, but for some reason the left refuses to acknowledge historical failures regarding almost any subject.

Leftists preventing me from building my dream 6.5 Grendel AR-15 does nothing to make this country safer.

Propose solutions that only affect the mentally ill.

Banning certain guns to prevent mass shootings are no different than banning certain cars to prevent drunk driving. You're not treating the real problem.
AliasMan02
AG
The lead get buried on this issue. People focus on gun deaths to distract from the real killer in this country, which is death in auto collisions. About 3x the number of people die in car crashes than by firearm homicide, and a hugely disproportionate number of those are children.

It's time for America to demand change and set highway speed limits at 40 mph to fight this epidemic.
P.C. Principal
AliasMan02 said:

The lead get buried on this issue. People focus on gun deaths to distract from the real killer in this country, which is death in auto collisions. About 3x the number of people die in car crashes than by firearm homicide, and a hugely disproportionate number of those are children.

It's time for America to demand change and set highway speed limits at 40 mph to fight this epidemic.
We've done a lot to combat auto collisions actually. Changed design of vehicles to lessen impact, implemented auto braking technology, harsher punishment for reckless/drunk driving, passed laws related to texting while driving, made penalties much more severe for DWIs if you have minors in the vehicle.

When we have a problem, we take steps to fix it. Even if we know we won't eliminate 100% of the deaths/injuries that result from it.
Bondag
AG
P.C. Principal said:

AliasMan02 said:

We've done a lot to combat auto collisions actually. Changed design of vehicles to lessen impact, implemented auto braking technology, harsher punishment for reckless/drunk driving, passed laws related to texting while driving, made penalties much more severe for DWIs if you have minors in the vehicle.

When we have a problem, we take steps to fix it. Even if we know we won't eliminate 100% of the deaths/injuries that result from it.
Ban Cell Phones.
TXAG 05
AG
P.C. Principal said:

MooreTrucker said:

Builder93 said:

Can't.be.done.

Why do you think it is insane that there are more guns than people? Different guns have different uses.
Builder93
AG
P.C. Principal said:

MooreTrucker said:

Builder93 said:

Can't.be.done.

I agree with this. Any one who exhibits this kind of behavior should not be able to purchase a firearm. You forfeit your right to a weapon if you exhibit sociopath behaviors. The problem here is that it can be used as a tool of retribution. Who will do the labeling and/or diagnostics?

This is a problem for vets with PTSD. They don't want to be labeled but they don't want to lose rights so they don't get the help they need because they don't want the stigma and the limitations on their freedoms that come with the diagnosis.
Ragoo
AG
P.C. Principal said:

AliasMan02 said:

and yet anyone with money and a DL can go out and buy a vehicle. Case closed I guess.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.