***** Formula 1 - 2026 Season *****

95,443 Views | 859 Replies | Last: 59 min ago by boogieman
MAROON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
14
What do you boys want for breakfast BBQ ?.....OK Chili.
SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I got my packet in the email today for Baku
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
that might now be the F2 finale, the 2 middle east races will probably not happen an F2 don't want to race in Imola
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jorgerr96 said:

that might now be the F2 finale, the 2 middle east races will probably not happen an F2 don't want to race in Imola


We are being told that Abu Dhabi is still happening, but who knows
SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of the podcasts I listen to claims that Pirelli needs about 7-8 weeks for tire prep before a race, so that is most likely the deadline... (so end of September to include Qatar).
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It will be harder to get there. British Airways suspended flights yesterday. The route I take with United (Newark-Dubai) is off until March I believe. I guess my only hope would be driving to Houston and taking the Emirates.

Endurance series already moved out their races from Middle East to race somewhere else, like WEC in Barcelona.

F1 is probably just holding on for hope.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jorgerr96 said:

It will be harder to get there. British Airways suspended flights yesterday. The route I take with United (Newark-Dubai) is off until March I believe. I guess my only hope would be driving to Houston and taking the Emirates.

Endurance series already moved out their races from Middle East to race somewhere else, like WEC in Barcelona.

F1 is probably just holding on for hope.


I fly BA to London, and Etihad to Abu Dhabi, best route there is.
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Where do you depart from? If AD happens I'll have to take a look. Agreed with BA to London, even more now with Starlink.

Last year I did AUS to Washington then from there to Frankfurt then Dubai. But that itinerary was miserable lol
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jorgerr96 said:

Where do you depart from? If AD happens I'll have to take a look. Agreed with BA to London, even more now with Starlink.

Last year I did AUS to Washington then from there to Frankfurt then Dubai. But that itinerary was miserable lol


IAH.
Vox Clamantis
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Beautiful view of the Marina circuit this morning. Tweaked my sciatica yesterday lifting weights so having it worked on, and the spa here at the w overlooks the circuit.

They had some weird unlisted motogp race here last night. You can still see rubber on the track this morning.
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
according to spanish media teams have started to book hotels in Imola
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bought my tickets for Silverstone for next year. They are renaming/revamping the Ignition Club to Torque Club but it's still the best option for fans of the race IMO.
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i am waiting on f1 academy's schedule but im tempted for silverstone again. robbie williams is a huge plus, doesn't tour the US (last shows were the vegas residency in 2019). it's insanely crowded yet it didn't feel bad because it was very well organized. i'm hoping F2 and F1A venture out and instead of Shanghai and Jeddah they do Suzuka
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jorgerr96 said:

i am waiting on f1 academy's schedule but im tempted for silverstone again. robbie williams is a huge plus, doesn't tour the US (last shows were the vegas residency in 2019). it's insanely crowded yet it didn't feel bad because it was very well organized. i'm hoping F2 and F1A venture out and instead of Shanghai and Jeddah they do Suzuka

Well my buddy had to back out at the last minute this year so I took my dad instead. He already has the time off approved so we are going again. And honestly the Torque Club has so many options for watching the race

  • The dedicated grandstands cover Maggots, Becketts, Chapel, Village, The Loop, and Aintree
  • The outdoor veranda is all along the short straight leading out of Copse
  • Big screens from the veranda and grandstands
  • Proper airconditioning inside the club area
  • Really nice indoor bathrooms
  • Food, drink, and alcohol included.
  • Lots of interviews with F2/F3 drivers, engineers, etc.
  • Dedicated Hospitality shuttle that drops you off at the club.
  • Inner Track Access
IMO it's the best way to watch the race if you are really interested in the racing. Most of the other hospitality packages focus on status, higher end booze, and "being seen" (outside of actually being in the paddock for the race). It's pricey but 100% worth it if you can afford it.

I'm just trying to decide where we are going to stay.

I can get a place with two double beds in Northampton for about $1,700 for the week we will be there. It's about 25 minutes from the track which is great.

OR

We can each get our own room with king beds in Coventry for the same price. The downside is that it's 45 min away.


I will have a parking pass to let us park in the inner track or we can take the hospitality shuttle in.
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
i stayed in northampton in 2022 and it is much better than staying in milton keynes
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are y'all going all 3 days or just Sunday?
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All three days. Seems like a waste to get over there and only go for a day or two. This year they also had F2, F3, F1A, and some historic car laps so there was plenty to see.

I'm hoping for something similar
StateofTexas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went to Silverstone a couple of years ago just on the Sunday and it was great. There's a lot going on in London during that time (Wimbledon, Hyde Park Festival) so it was part of a larger trip. I took the National Express bus from Victoria Station to Silverstone and back. Very affordable and easy way to get out there for the day.
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
From what I read Hungary seems promising as well. There's a chance they will have FRECA along with F2 and F3. If it happens I will go there as I've been wanting to see that series for years but they aren't an F1 support series (they did Monaco a few years back before F3 started racing there). F1A need to replace Zandvoort, if they manage to do another F2/F3/F1A weekend in Europe like Silverstone those are the GPs well worth the price tag
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
this year Metallica did London friday and sunday, but I knew that I would just not be able to make it. I made it to Liverpool to catch My Chemical Romance on tuesday but that was it. Wembley had Harry Styles that week as well. the first year I went (2022) i saw Ed Sheeran at Wembley that tuesday then Lorde on wednesday then on Thursday I went to the track for the rest of the weekend.

Always good stuff going on in London those dates lol
SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hadjar confirmed for 2027.... I guess when you can't win races the SM team has to work overtime.


PJYoung
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also looks like Hass will have a new driver next year as Ocon confirmed he is not coming back to Hass:

SydB92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hopefully they can pull this engine forward a few years.
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a reminder:

All events for this weekend have been bumped forward one day to allow for additional travel time to the next races (times in CT)

Thursday September 24
  • FP1-3:30am-4:30am
  • FP2-7:00am-8:00am
Friday September 25th
  • FP3-3:30am-4:30am
  • Qualifying-7:00am-8:00am
Saturday September 26
  • Race-6:00am
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ocon got there mid 2016 and really only missed out that one year he was out of a seat. 9 years in F1 is pretty good considering the average of 4/5 seasons. To me he is one of those drivers that is easily replaceable as I don't think he would ever fight up front.

Excited to see Camara in Haas

La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting they are doing that since the next race is in Bahrain, and not somewhere like Singapore or Austin.
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also, the 27th is Remembrance Day in Azerbaijan. It's a national day of mourning to honor military personnel that died in the Second Nagorno-Karabakh War.
nai06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
La Fours said:

Interesting they are doing that since the next race is in Bahrain, and not somewhere like Singapore or Austin.


They aren't racing in Bahrain. It will be held at the Sepang International Circuit in Sepang Malaysia.

The official title is The Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix in Malaysia.

La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lol. Thats what I get for just glancing at the F1 app schedule and only reading the name. Now, I did think it was odd that they were still going to Bahrain in the Middle East while canceling the other races.
Aggie Pharmer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Man, what great race this morning! Double podium for Red Bull and Max really bringing it to George the last lap!
Feel bad for Oscar going from P2 to something like P16. The five car pile up at, I think, turn 1 was epic.
Overall, one of the best races I've seen all year.
Gladiator 96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Baku knows how to bring the drama. Just finished it.
La Fours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just finished watching the condensed, Race in 30. I bet that was even more fun to watch in real time. Was there an explanation for why there wasn't at least a VSC when Bottas crashed on the last lap? That seemed very dangerous.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.