*** Aggie Volleyball 2024 Thread ***

74,427 Views | 1360 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by flintdragon
Wicked Good Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GAME MOVED TO 6pm. Really late notice.
taylorswift13_
Somebody find flintdragon some tickets!!!
taylorswift13_
GAME TIME MOVED TO 6PM
taylorswift13_
I wonder why the time change!!! Maybe to throw tu off
TP Ag '87
AG
How the heck do they change the start time on day of? We're heading in from Cypress so hopefully we can make it in time!
Gap
AG
Who thought this was a good idea 6 hours before the match starts when they are expecting one of the biggest crowds ever for a volleyball match here?

If you want to move our match back to SEC Network + from SEC Network at 8 pm so that no one misses an all important minute of Auburn vs Kentucky volleyball that was the route to go.

There just isn't some huge differential tv audience for this decision or perhaps joing the 8 pm match in progress. Why piss off the fans who will now miss the first set?
flintdragon
AG
Wow, it's hard enough to make it there by 6:30 from out of town!
taylorswift13_
Students have begun lining up outside Reed
taylorswift13_
https://instagr.am/p/DAblqplRviP
TP Ag '87
AG
And what if I had not checked TexAgs this afternoon? Where is my note from the athletic department about the change?!

Such crappy management. Why am I not surprised?
t-rex
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

And what if I had not checked TexAgs this afternoon? Where is my note from the athletic department about the change?!

I'm not a big defender of our Athletic Dept recently, but this change was made by the SEC, not us. They reference the hurricane so probably the game previously scheduled to air at 6 was postponed? As far as notification, there has been other release, email from the 12th Man (ticket office) and all sorts of posts on social media. I think they are doing ok under the circumstances. If I were coming in from out of town I would be frustrated though, I get that.
billydean05
tu runs the SEC. This was very bush league. I would not have found out about the change if not for the season ticket purchaser who then transfers tickets to us would not have let us know. At least a quarter of the crowd will show up after the first set. This will be one of the biggest games in TAMU volleyball history and to announce this 6 hours before first serve is ridiculous.
Anchorhold
TP Ag '87 said:

How the heck do they change the start time on day of? We're heading in from Cypress so hopefully we can make it in time!

Because the horn network heard you were coming and cannot allow us to pack reed.
KaneIsAble
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I got an email around 1ish.
billydean05
KaneIsAble said:

TP Ag '87 said:

I got an email around 1ish.
Great! We get season tickets but someone else purchases and we pay them back and they transfer them to us. No email and I luckily found out because the season ticket purchaser got an email looked and sent me a message. Also lots of people bought individual game tickets and they would not have known either.
BiochemAg97
AG
taylorswift13_ said:

Students have begun lining up outside Reed

Amazing. Doors won't open until 5, so lining up 4 hours early for a volleyball game. Jamie is going to be excited.
TP Ag '87
AG
I bought my tickets directly from our athletic department and I received no email.

No wonder I so rarely try to put myself through anything that is Texas A&M athletics.
flintdragon
AG
reserved tickets are definitely harder to come by this year. What changed? I know Morrison has been trying to increase interest.

2 years ago vs Kentucky, we got last minute tickets through the 12th man sitting 2nd row-ish behind the team bench.
Gap
AG
I imagine we could have said no. Changing the game time just hours before the start is pretty unusual. We had to make sure we could get Reed Arena staff, security, concessions, and the band there 30 minutes earlier. (Or will we find out later that didn't necessarily happen).
BiochemAg97
AG
flintdragon said:

reserved tickets are definitely harder to come by this year. What changed? I know Morrison has been trying to increase interest.

2 years ago vs Kentucky, we got last minute tickets through the 12th man sitting 2nd row-ish behind the team bench.

What changed?
1) Morrison
2) winning
3) lot of effort to promote volleyball
4) atmosphere
5) tu (plenty of reserved tickets for Sundays match against Mizzou)
BiochemAg97
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

I bought my tickets directly from our athletic department and I received no email.

No wonder I so rarely try to put myself through anything that is Texas A&M athletics.

Just for clarity, that is a TMF/Evenue failure, not the athletic department. All ticket sales go through TMF, and the email to season ticket holders came from
TMF.

They should also be able to send an email/text to anyone who received an electronic ticket transfer through the TMF/evenue system.
taylorswift13_
I really admire and appreciate the effort Morrison has put forth to garner more volleyball interest into the community, especially the student body! Him speaking with TexAgs, the increased social media presence, the girls spreading the word around campus! He came here with a vision and that was to grow Aggie volleyball and he's really putting in the effort! Hopefully it's a match like this that keeps people in the stands even when it's another opponent! He's doing everything right!
taylorswift13_
Now we need to get Morrison a radio hour at Rudy's!
taylorswift13_
4th pic shows crowd inside Reed 30 minutes before the match starts

https://instagr.am/p/DAb_nyvuBY7
BiochemAg97
AG
Still 15 minutes to the first set.
AggieBaseball06
AG
Are they opening up the 2nd deck? The bottom level will definitely be full by 630.
taylorswift13_
Thanks for the picture biochemAg97, hope you have fun and hope more seats gets filled!
BiochemAg97
AG
AggieBaseball06 said:

Are they opening up the 2nd deck? The bottom level will definitely be full by 630.

The ends are maybe half full, so still some room. It would be amazing if they have to open up the 2nd level.
BiochemAg97
AG
Loving the Batt publishing this for every game.

taylorswift13_
Down 3-0 to start
taylorswift13_
Down 1-6
taylorswift13_
We are frazzled
Gap
AG
We are full of too many nerves so far. Too many errors just on us. Make them earn their points.

3-7
fitzwatema
AG
Traveling and can't watch, thanks for the updates!

Gig'em Aggies!
taylorswift13_
Here comes Humphrey with her little tips

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.