Vball

86,563 Views | 757 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Couchcoach
Ag4eva95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think she just quit the team, she's still in school
Pioneer
Wicked Good Ag said:

2022 schedule

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-volleyball/schedule
Double digit in wins might be possible. I see about 5-6 wins in conference.
Wicked Good Ag
We have neither setter nor RS player back. Both middles that started are gone for an extra year of Covid ball at other schools.
Both outsides retired from the game.

It will be a work in progress with a pretty good freshman class and some transfers. I don't see a win during our tourney at TAMU as those are some quality opponents against what I would call a complete unknown.

Harry Dunne
Wicked Good Ag said:

2022 schedule

https://12thman.com/sports/womens-volleyball/schedule
Pretty good nonconference schedule. 1 program clearly better than us (Pitt), but we get them at home. A few of what should be Ws (Coastal Carolina, Memphis, TN Tech) and then 5 bubble type teams, which is we are being realistic, is the best we can hope to be and who we need to be playing.

tmeuth90
Agreed that they are unknown and basically a new team but remember Ags the baseball team was ranked last place in the SEC west this season- I think this team may surprise some people as well. They have some solid talent and energy. I am excited for this season!
Pioneer
Schloss>>>>>>Byrd

Those coaches are not in the same atmosphere
Ag4eva95
Agree 100%, plus the quality of transfers do not compare. And this wasn't Byrd's first season, unlike Schloss
Keller Ag 94
AG
When does Bird's current contract expire?
kwammer
tmeuth90 said:

Agreed that they are unknown and basically a new team but remember Ags the baseball team was ranked last place in the SEC west this season- I think this team may surprise some people as well. They have some solid talent and energy. I am excited for this season!
sadly, they are not in the same stratosphere as the baseball team talent-wise.
will be watching the ncaa tourney from the couch again this year.
russaggie
AG
tmeuth90 said:

Unfortunately with the exception of Caroline the rest of the lineup is an overall downgrade from where it was last year. Especially in the middle. We lost some talent at the MB position and just don't have much to replace it with. I also think our setter position is a downgrade from Camille. Our only hope is that some of the incoming freshman come in and play above expectations for freshman. Some of them can probably develop over time, but expecting them to perform at a high level right off the bat is not realistic, especially in the SEC.
Harry Dunne
Totally different situation than baseball. Schloss inspired talented roster to achieve more than they had before. Bird ran off the talent and now has a mediocre roster she herself has assembled.
flintdragon
AG
I'll reserve judgment this year until I see them play. It's almost a completely different team.
Anchorhold
I got excited the other day because I am going to be on campus on the 20th. I just double-checked it and apparently our exhibition is in waco that day. That excitement-to-letdown better not be foreshadowing the whole season.
Couchcoach
Love the passion and optimism from a young and relatively new squad. I say GigEm Ags! Remember all the same fans who said the Aggie football team couldn't beat Bama last year or get the best recruiting class in history? And when baseball and softball went on a run, those same so called fans hopped on that bandwagon so fast the trailer hitch probably broke. Enough already. The world is full of naysayers. Y'all might live with one. The world is full of social media experts who have never put an ounce of the effort that these women have put in. I say a team that has nothing to lose is dangerous. If you coached or played at a D1 level, or any level other for that matter, then you know and you realize that this is not sunshine and rainbow talk, it's called belief. We had a great transfer last season who rose fast in our record books in just one season. When you combine Caroline and other transfers with a 5th year defender who bleeds Aggie blood and you can accomplish a lot. Our frosh RS is an absolute stud. Have you seen that heavy left arm swing? Our frosh middle is 6'6". Did you see Maddie B play vs Tenn last year. She is a baller. She blocked everything she saw! And Destiny is the best athlete on the floor most nights. We have transfer experience at setter and Nisa who has some the best hands in the SEC. I say GigEm Ags! It doesn't take courage to doubt. I will always believe in the Fighting Texas Aggies! Whatever sport, whatever team..After all, isn't that the 12th man is famous for? Thanks and GigEm!
taylorswift13
AG
Thanks for the positivity! I will say from my couch as well lol that there seems to be a connection and chemistry between these girls that we haven't seen in awhile! It's refreshing to see! Can't wait to see how they play together!
flintdragon
AG
Where are y'all seeing this chemistry, optimism and passion? Was there a scrimmage?

As much as I want to see this team succeed, it'll be tough to match what we saw from the men's basketball and baseball teams. The talent gap between the haves and have nots in women's sports is huge.

But after what we've seen from this coach, who can't hold a team or recruits together, she has a lot of ground to make up to even make a comparison to Schloss and Buzz. No doubt any D1 program has talent but it takes great coaching to overachieve.

Not that I'm all that into volleyball recruiting but I have to question the talent evaluation when one of the best players in the Austin area who really wanted to go to A&M hardly got any attention at camp. She's now committed to a big time program in the B1G and is very close to getting an offer from Florida. She's an amazing player coming from an even more amazing family. I guess it isn't what this coaching staff is looking for.

I do apologize for sounding negative. I really do want this program to find success as I've grown to love women's volleyball over the years.
Anchorhold
Bird talked about chemistry a lot in her first day of practice press conference.
flintdragon
AG
Anchorhold said:

Bird talked about chemistry a lot in her first day of practice press conference.
Ah, thought maybe I missed some scrimmage report or something.
Anchorhold
We're getting closer

taylorswift13
AG
Also check our new uniforms! Love the sleeveless look with the Aggie script on them!!!

flintdragon
AG
BTW, are we going to transition Aggie volleyball talk to the new 2022 thread?
taylorswift13
AG
LOL didn't even realize we were on here!!! Everybody go to the new thread! Let this one die lol
Couchcoach
GigEm! Chemistry is that intangible that is not easy to decipher until the team has moved with each other in game situations and experienced adversity. And who's to say that new energy is an additive to this team. Undoubtably, there will be a new vibe after players decided to leave. Who knows, that shift in behind the scenes attitude and approach may be a healthy thing. Time will tell. Last season, our defense was ranked #1 in SEC. Let's keep that intensity! I use the Tenn match as a litmus test. Beat them in their house and fought like Aggies. Blocked, dug, terminated and adjusted…Remember last year, we needed a terminator. A go to OH that we could go to when the game is on the line. And now we have DC back. Wishing her the absolute best after coming back from injury. And Caroline. Stud frosh RS, and other transfers with experience in the back court. Vball is such a niche sport in that those on the court have to trust that their teammates are ballers, because that ball is coming hard. spinning, floating etc… if you don't trust in yourself and your fellow Ags, then they win. GigEm and adjust. Hopeful that the rotation is set early and that chemistry builds as we go forward. Excited to watch the Ags develop. Thanks and GigEm!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.