**2021 NASCAR Cup Series**

22,187 Views | 442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
Burrus86
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NASCAR needs to go with a dirt track on a road course...if we're experimenting to get fans back, let's really go out on the limb!
aggiephoenix02
Joey Logano probably wears two masks when he goes to HEB...
What a turkey burger...
aggiephoenix02
There it is, Bristol is going dirt again next year too...
aggiephoenix02
Burrus86 said:

NASCAR needs to go with a dirt track on a road course...if we're experimenting to get fans back, let's really go out on the limb!
As long as the race is held in Hazard County, and everyone has to dress up like it's the Dukes of Hazard!
aggiephoenix02
Brad's doing work, hanging in the mid teens. Maybe he'll find a way to finish in the top ten...
aggiephoenix02
Brad sitting at twelve with the caution with three laps to go...
aggiephoenix02
Brad at eleven.
Larson out.
TruexJr flubs it right at the end.

Salt in the wound? ...Ratface Joey Logano wins.
TH36
I race dirt cars (Modifieds) and I couldn't agree more. They need to lose the windshields and let the drivers go to tear offs like we use. Honestly, I have to agree with my Dad and if they want a true dirt race then let them run true dirt cars for this one race. The super lates we're doing 125+ down the straights a lil over a week ago. You're just not going to run 250 laps in one. Handling any 4 bar car for that long will wear you down. It's tough enough in the 20 lap features we run. So you'd have to find a happy medium. But windshields (aerodynamics or not) are just a ******ed concept on dirt that no one other than NASCAR runs. You can't have anything but a dry slick track in doing so.

I quit watching NASCAR years ago once they messed with the points championship, then these "stages" in a race, etc...but they peaked my interest again when they ran the trucks at Eldora and now this.
Burrus86
AG
We need a TexAgs NASCAR trip. Any place but Texas. Talladega spring race 2022?
AstroAggie15
AG
We will have a camper at the track at cota this spring if you want to stop by for a day trip
aggiephoenix02
I'm gonna try to stop by before the race...
Pahdz
I really don't get people's gripes with stages. I've been to some absolute snooze fest races that at least a few end of stage cautions would have broken up.

If I want to watch dirt I'll go watch my customer in rural Wisconsin on a Friday night
TH36
I guess you could say I don't care to watch any 200+ lap race, stages or no stages. That's a endurance race, not a stock car race. If you'll notice the real "racing" always happens in the last 50 laps anyways. So I guess it was wrong of me to only blame it on the stages. I think the points structure is a joke as well. You don't race all year only to go back to zero then give everyone a chance again. If a guy dominates and wins by 100 points then oh well, you figure out how to beat his ass by 100 points next year.

NASCAR has gotten so beyond its roots it just lost its luster to many who have grown up around short track racing. I was 9 when my Dad started racing street stocks on asphalt 3/8 mile oval outside of Austin and he eventually had a asphalt modified that we ran a 3-4 tracks in Texas. After asphalt phased itself out (there is literally one asphalt short track left in Texas) we moved to dirt. I ran maybe 10 races on asphalt from 18-21 and then the rest have been on dirt. The dirt racing is just better, there's no if ands or buts. The week of racing at Bristol before the NASCAR boys took over was 10x better. Because you're right, they were dirt cars. They should leave the dirt racing to the dirt cars but at the same time the dirt racing should get more TV coverage. It would smash NASCAR ratings.

If you want to go see real racing go to YouTube, type in Boone Super Nationals modified big dance and watch any of the races through the years. That's real racing.
Gap
AG
Only NASCAR track I've been to is Ft. Worth. I'm planning to be at COTA in May, but have no idea where I want to buy seats.

Any thoughts?

• Main Grandstand
  • Turn 1
  • Turn 15
  • Turn 12
Bunk Moreland
I had no clue either. First time at Cota for a race. Because of the early bird deal ($220 per ticket for a weekend pass) we reserve main grandstand club seating.
Burrus86
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

We will have a camper at the track at cota this spring if you want to stop by for a day trip
We may do that! Thank you for the invite.
AstroAggie15
AG
Just a warning, not kid friendly. Lots of Busch light.
Burrus86
AG
AstroAggie15 said:

Just a warning, not kid friendly. Lots of Busch light.
You tailgate/camp like we do!
NilesHolmesAnSc83
AG
Just saw this thread ! I love it ! Where are the best seats at Texas ?
Jesus wept. John 11:35
TRM
AG
Forgot about Martinsville. Xfinity tonight and Cup tomorrow night.
AstroAggie15
AG
About 100 yards past the finish line half way up the grandstands
aggiephoenix02
I'm going to have fun no matter where I am, but I wanted a guaranteed seat, not a general admission. I have seats at turn 15 (whatever that means). Since it's a NASCAR road course it'll be interesting watching an area of the track with curves.
TRM
AG

Some earlier contact.
Pahdz
Huge moment for Josh Berry today with that win
Russ Dalrymple
AG
40 laps to go...been a great race so far. Plenty of action.
TRM
AG
Finally, a repeat winner.
Pahdz
Man I thought a 40 lap shootout was Hamlin's to lose. That 19 was bad fast after that last pit stop
Pahdz
Also a damn fine burnout
Bunk Moreland
Great race, great burnout, great winner. Easy to root for.
TRM
AG
Trucks racing in Richmond today.
TRM
AG
Uneventful so far at Richmond. Jimmie avoids disaster in IndyCar on lap 1.
TRM
AG
Jimmie spins on lap 10, but no damage.
TRM
AG
Bowman looks good, but that pit road penalty is going to keep him from having a chance to win. I guess it's down to Logano or Hamlin.
TRM
AG
Harvick crashes. Looks like we'll have a 15 lap shootout.
Bunk Moreland
Anyone but Logano.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.