**2021 NASCAR Cup Series**

22,230 Views | 442 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TRM
TRM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bowman clears Hamlin. His to win.
TRM
AG
Bowman wins. He was outside the top16 in points, but I think we all expected him to point his way to the Chase. Elliott is the only Hendrick driver not to win this year.
Pahdz
Looking at the standings and there are a lot of heavy hitters who haven't won who you gotta think are going to.

Can we get sixteen different winners?!
TRM
AG
I don't think we get to 16 - it'll be just short. I expect Hamlin, Elliott, Harvick, Keselowski, and Kyle to win. That's 13. Kurt is iffy because of the Ganassi equipment. Maybe Dillon or Reddick steal one and we've already had McDowell for that one win out left field like Custer or Haley.
TRM
AG
Jeb Burton won a rain shortened Xfinity race yesterday.

Cup race is at 1 pm. Penske, Gibbs, and Hendrick drivers take up 11 of the top 12 spots.
TRM
AG
Caution at the end of stage 1.

Winner: Anyone but Logano camp.

In all seriousness, glad he's ok.
Pahdz
That Bubba Wallace helmet cam footage
TRM
AG
More good cars torn up at the end of Stage 2.

I'm guessing it's going to come down to Busch, Blaney or Dillon - guys I thinking are the best remaining plate racers.
JohnnyTexAg1995
As a 24 fan since birth, you have to think one of the bigger surprises this year has to be that Byron is the top Hendrick Driver this season. 8 straight top 10s with a win, and almost pulled of this win with a damaged car. its not to be underestimated the difference William having Rudy (a crew chief he is familiar and comfortable with) as opposed to Knaus has done for his confidence this year!
Bunk Moreland
Agree. Really coming into his own as a driver.
TRM
AG
https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/04/28/nascar-all-star-race-2021-format-texas-motor-speedway/
Quote:

The race format and procedures:
  • Starting lineup set by random draw.
  • Round 1: 15 laps. After this round, the field will be inverted starting anywhere from the eighth through 12th positions, to be selected by a random draw.
  • Round 2: 15 laps, with entire field inverted after this segment.
  • Round 3: 15 laps, again the field will be inverted starting anywhere from the eighth through 12th positions, to be selected by a random draw after this round.
  • Round 4: 15 laps.
  • Round 5: 30 laps. The lineup for this round will be determined by cumulative finish from the first four rounds, with the best cumulative finisher starting from the pole. All cars must enter pit road for a mandatory four-tire pit stop during this round. The crew with the fastest stop will pocket $100,000.
  • Round 6: 10 laps. Cars will line up according to their finishing position from the previous round for the final segment.

Not a fan of this format - too many rounds and inversions.

Pahdz
only way to make racing at Texas interesting
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Am I the only one tired of Kyle Larson already?
Russ Dalrymple
AG
The last 15 laps of this race...you'd think we are at Talladega or Daytona.

Bad break on that restart for Rowdy because he had a great jump plus a great shove from Blaney to get to the lead.
Pahdz
Great finish
Bunk Moreland
Russ Dalrymple said:

Am I the only one tired of Kyle Larson already?

Not me. Huge fan. Loved him even when he was stuck at gnassi. His talent and ability to drive the wall is so incredible. The moment he got in trouble last year I predicted Rick would luck into him and then he'd dominate on a top team and here we are.

Nascar throwing that caution was so Nascar. Race was his to win
FIDO*98*
AG
I was pulling for Busch to win just because of the race name
TRM
AG
Next Gen car reveal tomorrow.

Hershey97
Supposedly a leaked image of the Mustang and Camaro.

Pahdz
I thought Toyota was switching to the Supra but that still looks like a Camry?
average_joker
AG
Watched the YouTube videos of the Next Gen cars. I have high hopes, because those cars look really cool.
Pahdz
They sound even better
TRM
AG
Almirola wrecks early - think it's going to keep the pattern of lots of cautions like Xfinity and Truck series.
Bunk Moreland
Good race. Larson gave it his all but Martin was too good. Loved the paint schemes and MTXJr going with the matte black and paying appreciation to Furniture Row/Visser in the post race interview.
TRM
AG
Great result for HMS at Dover - domination. COTA next week.
TRM
AG
https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/keselowski-roush-penske-owner-driver/6510977/

Quote:

Keselowski, 37, has been offered a fulltime Cup series ride with Roush Fenway Racing beginning next season in a deal that would also include part ownership in a renamed team called RFK (Roush-Fenway-Keselowski) Racing, multiple sources with knowledge of the deal have confirmed.

Keselowski would become the driver of the No. 6 Ford, but it remains unclear how much of an ownership percentage he would have in the renamed team. However, Keselowski would be expected to play a large role on the competition side of the organization, sources said.

Also unclear is whether the current driver of the No. 6, Ryan Newman, will move to a third team at Roush or leave the organization.
Bunk Moreland
Saw that. Very interesting move for all parties.
TRM
AG
A story from March about the tire test at COTA.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/05/18/cup-series-2021-goodyear-tire-test-circuit-of-the-americas-impressions/
Bunk Moreland
Super excited to be there in person this weekend. Truly a wide open race. Who knows what will happen.
AstroAggie15
AG
Anyone Welcome to stop by our tailgate in lot N we will be there all weekend. Here is our spot number

We will be the camper flying the Burnet Flag.

**this is an adult only tailgate**

F1_Aggie_Fan
AG
Any estimates on how many people will go off track at turn 1 this weekend? Restarts will be interesting.
TRM
AG
Thought the trucks started at 1 not noon. Wet track.
kyledr04
AG
Truck race is looking wild in the rain. Excited to see the cup race tomorrow. I thought about getting tickets but didn't.
Pahdz
I'm shocked these guys are controlling the trucks as well as they are. They can't even do that on dry ovals most of the time
Pahdz
Boy that is some absolute horse **** production by Fox in the waning laps. Tight battle for second and we're stuck zoomed in on the leader and his crew.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.