***** Official Dallas Stars 2020?-2021 season thread*****

77,304 Views | 1572 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Kashchei
TV Casualty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Pretty much all the streaming sites don't have a contract with Sinclair who holds the rights to FSSW and other fox sports regional networks. I have youtubetv and will have to go a bar/restaurant to watch the game. I believe Hulu and FuboTV are in the same boat.

It's not just streaming. Plenty of cable outlets don't have it either. Dish network hasn't had FSSW for a couple of years now. I thinks it's just the AT&T owned providers that have it now.

There are rumors that Sinclair is going to start it's own streaming service for the regional sports channels. It's still weird that all these providers don't have them right now. You would think that all these teams would be really upset about most people not being able to watch their games.
Gomer95
AG
Would getting NHL tv just for the stars work? And would it be blacked out at all for me if I live in the DFW area? I'd hate to get it and then find out that was the case.
Gomer95
AG
Currently I'm just going to listen to them on the Ticket and hope this all gets worked out but if they make the playoffs, I'll have to figure something out if the games are still on FSSW.
sburg2007
NHL tv will definitely be blacked out in the metroplex. Good news is if it doesn't get worked out by the playoffs and if the good guys make it, they will be broadcast nationally.
Gomer95
AG
That's true.
The Pilot
AG
Legal Custodian
AG
Doesn't the NHL's contract run out after this season? So this pretty much eliminates NBC going for this contract again. Would be nice to see ESPN go after it again dependent on how their negotiations go with the NFL and if they have the capital to do it.

Other than that, I'm not sure who would go after this. CBS or FOX won't. NBC won't unless they just go for the 1 game a week type thing like a Saturday Night Hockey.
sburg2007
The down side is that there is pretty much no competition to drive the market.
Gomer95
AG
Too bad I can't watch the Stars on ESPN + or something. I have that Disney Bundle and have only watched one women's college basketball game on it so far. I'd like to make it be worth its 1 cent that it costs me in the bundle lol.
Legal Custodian
AG
For some reason the Stars game shows that they're being aired on ESPN+ tonight. Probably not Josh and Razor though.
FWAppraiser
AG

Top line is in tact from earlier in camp. Joel f'ing Kiviranta on the 2nd line. Dellandrea making his NHL debut tonight with Comeau out, and Robertson in the lineup after a brief taste of the league last year. Harley not quite ready to keep Pysyk on the bench is a little anti climatic, but should be a fun group to watch. Really good balance of youth and veterans.
AggieLumberjack
AG
Blackout rules make no sense. Just moved to Houston and was going to sign up for NHL tv and was told Stars games are blacked out for this area. WTF is even the point.
Danny Vermin
I'm going to watch it on my damn phone here, hopefully.

https://nhl66.ir/
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Legal Custodian said:

Doesn't the NHL's contract run out after this season? So this pretty much eliminates NBC going for this contract again. Would be nice to see ESPN go after it again dependent on how their negotiations go with the NFL and if they have the capital to do it.

Other than that, I'm not sure who would go after this. CBS or FOX won't. NBC won't unless they just go for the 1 game a week type thing like a Saturday Night Hockey.

I've heard people in the know say they expect FOX to go after NHL again. No word on whether they'll bring FoxTrax back though.
Roll the Bones
AG
Not a fan of all of the teams having sponsors on the helmets this season instead of the team logo. Looks goofy, like they are practice helmets or something. Hope it doesn't extend to the sweaters in the future like the European leagues.

For those unable to watch, the stars have AT&T on their helmets.
Cappo
AG

Absolute
AG
I'd love to watch, but am not switching providers to do so. Would be watching a lot of Mavs and Stars.

Seems really dangerous for these three leagues to allow this to go on. After last years extended time with no sports and now this crap, fans like me are learning we can find other things to do with our time and money. Don't understand why the three leagues are not putting pressure on Sinclair.
Roll the Bones
AG
Man, has there been a whistle yet?
Danny Vermin
Just a heads up, that site I posted works great and no commercials.
rather be fishing
AG
I've luckily got someone's login from Texas, so I can watch it on the Fox Sports Go app, but I'm intrigued by that site...
Danny Vermin
It won't last too long. I used my parents info and it lasted about two weeks.
rather be fishing
AG
Woo

Here's to many more
Out in Left Field
AG
Pavs!
rather be fishing
AG
Danny Vermin said:

It won't last too long. I used my parents info and it lasted about two weeks.

Are you taking any that website or FSG?
Roll the Bones
AG
2 PP goals! Nice start
rather be fishing
AG
Hell yeah!
Out in Left Field
AG
Pavs to Rads!
Bob Loblaws Law Blog
AG
Scoring on the 5 on 3 and the PP after, good to see considering the first PP looked as bad as anything we saw last year.
Roll the Bones
AG
Crap. Benn's leg doesn't look good
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Benn having to be helped off and definitely not under his own power. Not looking good as slow as he was moving.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Now he's back...

Hockey player!
rather be fishing
AG
Russ Dalrymple said:

Now he's back...

Hockey player!

Has been
Russ Dalrymple
AG
How about that power play! 3 for 3 = 3-0 Dallas
rather be fishing
AG
Woo
Legal Custodian
AG
Benn looks freaking great so far

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.