Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

As per request: Old A&M pictures

368,054 Views | 864 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
alanbynum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thank you for sharing and for your service.
Rock90
AG
Thank you sir.
Token
DirtDiver
quote:
Where were the uncover nazi's back then?

Back then a man usually became a man around 14 years old unlike today's sissys who still live with their moms until their 28. I also think that if someone told someone else to 'uncover' during a football game there would be a brawl. There's too much fear of suspensions and lawsuits to put the "uncover nazis" in their place.

Thank you so much for your service '44! You are a great Aggie, American, and Hero. Great pics.
Preferred Nomenclature
AG
I can't say thank you enough. Truly awesome
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
GREATEST GENERATION
AGGIE Boss 03
AG
Wow! Thanks so much!
war hymn aggie
AG
Excellent pics. Thanks for sharing.
West Point Aggie
AG
Imagine in 50 years or longer when they look at photos from the 1990s and 2000s and see such antiquated equipment as ribbon boards and HD screens...and only 1 MNC!!
TexasAggie_02
outofstateaggie
AG
Incredible. Thank you for sharing those amazing photos! I, like many others, would also like to offer my sincere thanks for your service to our country.

I was especially touched by the Christmas photos. The look of wonder on the children's faces as they were gathered around Santa brought me to tears. I realized that these were children that had never known a life without Nazi occupation. Germany invaded in 1940 and none of the children looked to be more than five or six years old. This was their first experience with freedom. Pretty dang cool.

Again, thank you, sir!
MidnightBevo
I have a 1910 panoramic of Austin on the wall of my office. The shots of Kyle, Memorial, and downtown Austin are great.

So is the old school bonfire. This is an outsiders view, but they should bring it back on campus in that form.

As someone with family who served then and family who is serving now I really enjoy the WWII photos. My BIL in the Navy is now attached to the French Embassy and we are going to visit this summer. Normandy and a few other WWII spots were already on the schedule, I may have to look for a few of these as well.

aggie44,

thank you for your service and for sharing these photos. I wanted to ask your permission before downloading copies of some of the photos.
Fightin Texas Aggie 01
Thunder18
AG
Thanks for sharing the pics and for your service!!!
CasaDelSol
quote:

Bon Fire 1940

Holy crap, We were NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!
DaRootas Big D
Very cool. Thank you for sharing.

My grandfather, Jack Barton, was class of '44 as well...D-Company Infantry.

Wonder if you knew him?
Mynameisclever
JMGaggie
AG
thank you
rc_ag
AG
Thank you so much for sharing these pictures!
bogustrumper
AG
Incredible

Thank you
AggieDave02
AG
good bull ... those are some awesome pics! thank you so much for sharing!
ajthomas
AG
thanks you for sharing that part of your life with us. im going to send an email to all of my friends to look up this thread! gig'em 44
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I was intrigued by the border and could only google something related to the following...

quote:
I Googled ELKO Photo Printing and only found this one article with the picture of the little girl that no one knows who it is. I have also attached the photo of Dad and his brother's with Grandma Brittingham taken sometime in the early 1940's with the same border.

Elko Pictures
Elko Photo Co was in Kansas City, MO. These pictures have Elko printed on borders (cut from most to enlarge these).These seem to all be from two rolls. The first two from one and the rest from the other.

These pictures are amazing.

Also found this:

[This message has been edited by AGSPORTSFAN07 (edited 1/27/2010 1:59p).]
CapAg07
nwaggie
AG
As others have said - Thank you so much. This is just awesome!
ham98
TexAgs should have an Old Army section with posts and pictures like those on this thread and the stuff OkAg44 posted a while back on his WWII experience. The WWII Ags are the foundation of what A&M has been built up to today.
SiAg
AG
As someone mentioned previously, this man needs an Ag Tag. What more proof do you need???!!!
aggie1944
The response to this thread has been overwhelming and warms my heart.

All the thanks are greatly appreciated but not necessary as I'm confident that each of you would have done the exact same when faced with the same or similar circumstances.

We didn't go to war just because we wanted to, although that did weight heavily, but there was also something that told us we simply had to. The only way I've ever tried to convey the feeling was to compare it to a house fire. If you were to awake to or arrive home to your house on fire, would you fight it with everything you possibly could, or rather step aside to let it burn to the ground and spread to your remaining neighborhood? That war was one big fire that just had to be dealt with before it spread to the rest of the world.

Sophomore year 1941 "Sully" wash
I was no longer a fish so I got to bark as opposed to being barked at.

Company Yell Practice

German Tank

Another German Me 109

P47 & P51

Destination Norway June 1945

Fully loaded and awaiting deployment

Convoy begins

En route

American Parade at Norwegian Airfield

Americans pose by British Bomber

Parade in Oslo July, 4, 1945

British Spitfires

British Mosquitoe

Bremerhaven, Germany 1946

easttexasaggie04
AG
Once again...great post! You are truly part of the greatest generation!
PJYoung
AG
Wow - such great pictures. Thank you so much for sharing.
ta93e
AG
Amazing pictures!

We can't ever thank you enough for your service to our country. All of us living the American dream owe you a debt of gratitude.
AggieDave02
AG
this thread is definitely EPIC ... what a treasure trove full of great photographs of the period! thanks again for sharing to the board and this grateful Aggie!
Finn Maccumhail
AG
Outstanding!

And thank you for your service sir.

Mrs. Finn's grandfather was class of '39, Hubert Henry Olsen. Sadly, after surviving WWII in the Navy's Pacific Fleet he was killed in the Texas City Explosion of 1947 when my MiL was 3 months old. He was identified by his Aggie ring, I have his Fish Pennant on the wall in my study along with a framed ticket stub from the A&M-t.u. game in '39.
mountaindew
AG
Amazing. Thank you for sharing
aggiemom93
Amazing. Thank you, Sir for posting them for all of us to see. Gig 'Em.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.