Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

As per request: Old A&M pictures

368,066 Views | 864 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
sa_town_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ross Brown
Kenner
AG
Thanks 44. Good Bull!
bhurta
Horn Saw
AG
Great Pics! Thanks
rln_01
AG
Great pics and awesome post. Thanks!

rln_'01 Whoop!
frog_killer
AG
I wish I could say something that hasn't already been said, but thank you so much for the pictures, and your service!
GeauxAggies
AG
I really like the posts. LSU gets permission from the NCAA to keep their double white goal posts.
LWInk2
If any of you gentlemen with photos would like to share them with the City of College Station's historic online library database, Project HOLD, I would be truly grateful!

http://hold.cstx.gov
Click on "Take me to the Archives!"
Go to the Education-College or Military folders.

Contact me at aboykin@cstx.gov
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
If y'all haven't looked through Ms. Boykin's collection yet, she's got some great pictures of the old depots. They're pdf's so I can post here, but if you follow her link, then click the "Transportation" folder then on the "Railroad" folder...several very cool pictures of the depots I've never seen anywhere else.
Bismarck
AG
Thanks for starting this thread aggie1944. I've been to Nurnberg and I believe that the second church you posted was St. Lorenz. It's a beautiful church and the locals were smart enough to realize that Nurnberg would be a major bombing target for the Allies. They removed every piece of art and stained glass and were able to place them back in the rebuilt St. Lorenz after the war.
RGLAG85
M2Spider
AG
http://images.google.com/hosted/life/f?q=Texas+A&prev=/images%3Fq%3DTexas%2BA%2526M%2Bsource:life%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D21%26tbs%3Disch:1&imgurl=76602720e1e8c705
That's Audey Murphy - the most decorated American soldier in WWII and possibly ever. Received the CMOH at 19 yrs old.

Texas boy!

A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

[This message has been edited by M2Spider (edited 2/25/2010 4:48p).]

[This message has been edited by M2Spider (edited 2/25/2010 4:49p).]
Southplainsag02
AG
Thank you so much for posting and sharing those picuters. You are a true american Hero!
94 Aggie
Jack Squat 83
AG
Wow, thanks for everything 1944.
BQ`81
AG
THanks for the view of you Aggieland and experiences in WWII. Did you know a Matthew Martin `42?
Bismarck02
troymoore97
AG
Love it!
Aggie72BQ
AG
BQ's from late 30's or early 40's.

It's tough to be an Ag...but it's always been worth it.
GregZeppelin
AG
Thank you very much sir, I appreciate you sharing your personal pictures with us.

ADMINS:Can we PLEASE get Aggie1944 an AgTag?
Nise03
AG
This thread has warmed my heart more than I could ever express.

Thank you '44 for starting this thread, for your service to this country, and for sharing your memories with all of us. Like so many have said before me, my Grandpa served in the war as well, but would never talk about it. Nor did he have any photos. This was such an amazing glimpse into what he possibly saw. And to see the campus from back then... simply amazing.

Thanks to EVERYONE for contributing. I hope this continues!! This is definitely going down as my favorite TexAgs thread ever.
aggie2011trent
AG
aggie1944,

Thank you for your service and being a part of Texas A&M. It is the countless Aggies who went off to defend our nation that make being an Aggie so special.

These photos are unbelievable!

-Trent
JLB93
AG
Those are incredible! Thank you sir.
Javelina
AG
Excellent thread.
NC2001
AG
Awesome!
T-Woody2014
AG
Don't know how to post a quote, so bear with me.

"We didn't go to war just because we wanted to, although that did weight heavily, but there was also something that told us we simply had to. The only way I've ever tried to convey the feeling was to compare it to a house fire. If you were to awake to or arrive home to your house on fire, would you fight it with everything you possibly could, or rather step aside to let it burn to the ground and spread to your remaining neighborhood? That war was one big fire that just had to be dealt with before it spread to the rest of the world." - aggie1944

Reading that sent chills down my spine. I'm Proud to be an Aggie and I'm Proud to be an American

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I've been told that the moderators of this board don't like us linking to other sites so I won't link, but I found these images while browsing a well-known online auction site that begins with an "e" and ends with an "ay.com," if any of you older Ags or children of 1940's Ags wish to bid.

Thought these were appropriate for this thread.

The 1943 Longhorn:

The 1944 Longhorn

theshow
that is awesome pictures right there!
aggieband 83
AG
I never realized that the Aggie Band ever wore campaign hats during the halftime performance. It's cool being able to see the Corps dorms in the background also.
83Aggie
AG
Thank you '44.
txag70
AG
Thanks, aggie1944, and the rest who've posted the old pics.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
AggieBand, the entire Corps wore campaign hats when we formed a T on the field at halftime - usually the SMU game. Up to about 46.

The inside was red - so when we all turned our hats upside down, the crowd got a great view. Have never seen a color picture of this.
Cowboy Curtis
aggie_2001_2005
Saw this thread for the first time....I'm speechless. Thank you for sharing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.