*****Big Brother 18 SPOILERS Thread*****

165,610 Views | 1462 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggie98infl
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
updates from last night:

James threw the HOH comp to help ensure Victor couldn't win
Victor and Paul so bad at game talk, go to Paulie and say "if you want, we can do something like the brigade."
Bronte worked Paulie a bit, typical "i'm a strong competitor. I wont put you up if you don't put me up" type stuff.
Natalie trusting James. Said she doesn't like how Victor/Paul tried to turn her against James.

Seems the possible idea is Bronte/Paul, with Victor getting the back door if all things work out.

They are bad but I think they made a good point - its 8 girls and 6 guys left. It would be easy for the girls to get rid of the remaining guys when its 8-5 or 8-4 which its shaping up to be.

Ian Terry made the statement last night that if Victor isn't nominated and he wins the Road Kill he should nominate himself to ensure he will play for the veto. Its crazy but I think he's right.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
They are bad but I think they made a good point - its 8 girls and 6 guys left. It would be easy for the girls to get rid of the remaining guys when its 8-5 or 8-4 which its shaping up to be.

Ian Terry made the statement last night that if Victor isn't nominated and he wins the Road Kill he should nominate himself to ensure he will play for the veto. Its crazy but I think he's right.

The one thing with the girls having numbers though is that they need to win HOH and target guys only for tha tto play out, and the one thing we know about BB consistently is that the all girl groups or strategies always fail due to cattiness.

That's a good point made by Ian. If you know your side of the house is being targeted, and that you're a clear target, give yourself a chance to play in the veto. With 3 on the block, you can maybe do enough work to not go home anyway.
TJJackson
Did anyone else catch last night during the exit interview with Julie that Josea had only seen season 16 with Nicole?

Yet somehow he thought of himself as the mastermind? If that is true all his dumb moves make sense. Everything he did was textbook of what not to do if you want to stay in the house.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Noticed that as well. I bet he was recruited to be on the show and didn't just apply himself.
Bunk Moreland
Yep. Sounds like he wasted his time in the hotel sequester when he should have been watching past seasons.

He was(and is) so convinced that this is going to lead to all kinds of opportunities for him. Dude has no sense of reality.
LHIOB
AG
I think he just watched youtube videos of Frankie. He was completely clueless to the game. He said he wanted to be the first gay winner - Andy won a few seasons ago.
TJJackson
I don't know if it's me but the newbie's seem like some of the dumbest houseguests ever cast. It's not like the returning members were masterminds, but the vets are running circles around this new group.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
I don't know if it's me but the newbie's seem like some of the dumbest houseguests ever cast. It's not like the returning members were masterminds, but the vets are running circles around this new group.
This is what happens when you cast pretty people who have never seen the show.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
How many of them are even that pretty outside of Natalie, and she's dumb as a box of rocks.

I'm referring to the girls I guess.
aggietoolman
AG
quote:
quote:
This is what happens when you cast pretty people who have never seen the show.
Catching up here and there, but yes, this is one of the dumber groups. Da looks like a good player right now compared to the rest of the cast and she will blow up her own game before long.

Bronte, Bridget, and Natalie could be good players, but they are too high on the other sides list (at least Bronte is).

Like that there are three people on the block. Hate how they do it. They can manipulate that competition to make whoever they want win it if they choose to.

Hate the battle back garbage. Highly doubt Josea is the one that gets back in. And like the roadkill thing, they can manipulate the challenges to get the person they want back in.
LHIOB
AG
One podcast I was listening to said that these newbies make James look like Dr Will.
MSCAg
AG
It's a weak group when Da and Nicole come out as the smartest people in the house.

Of the newbies, Paul, Paulie, and Tiffany seem like the only ones with some game.
Bunk Moreland
Nicole has always been smart. She was a superfan before going on her last season. She plays up the overly sweet and dumb blonde, but everyone knows that's a farce.

Davonne is just really good at reading people. Not sure about a long term strategy though.

Paulie and Tiffany know what they're doing, so that should be expected. I think now that Jozea got axed, it's going to help Paul realize he doesn't have a complete read on the house and needs to do more 'oh yea?" responding instead of "I know x, y, and z" responding.
Scotch
AG
I notices Da changed the tone and cadence of her uh huh's. Brilliant strategy move on her part.
Bunk Moreland
I'm gonna be out and about all holiday weekend but I'll try to find some pockets of time to post updates. Won't be watching feeds, just reading jokers.

Bronte and Paul were nominated, and later Victor won roadkill so he will now nominate someone.

The plan is still to make sure anyone other than Victor or the person he nominates wins pov, then they can remove either Bronte or Paul and backdoor Victor.

Apparently Paul didn't even understand what a backdoor was and some of the other HG's commented on it.

I understand the Idiotic production "need" for characters and diversity and young and attractive, but anyone cast on this show should at least have watched one season before being cast.

Bunch of morons.
Scotch
AG
"Backdoor" is often confused with "replacement nominee". There are true backdoor plans, but just because a veto is used, doesn't mean someone is being backdoored.
So Roadkill winners don't have immunity?
Bunk Moreland
Victor won roadkill and Tiffany was the nominee. Apparently there wasn't an attempt to hide who won.

Zakiyah and Davonne chosen for pov to play along with Paulie Bronte Paul and Tiffany.

The goal is anyone who wins to use the pov on Paul or Bronte, then Paulie chooses Victor to go up and be backdoored
rhoswen
AG
Paulie won veto.
Bunk Moreland
Well the complete backdoor and blindside is now in play. I assume he takes off Paul for his own game, since he's been talking to him a bit this week
TJJackson
I still don't think Victor has a clue he is going up today. From what I've read everyone has been reassuring him that he is fine.

Paul has been trying to drop hints but Vic hasn't picked up on it.
TJJackson
As expected, Paul comes off the block and Victor goes up.
TJJackson
I think the 8 pack is falling apart. Day, Z, and Tiff want Frank out. Frank wants out Tiff and made Paulie an honorary member.

These huge alliances never work. The team twist is basically battle of the block. I wish they would do one more back to basics season, to quench my thirst on some old school big brother.
Aggie09Derek
AG
How did Frank do in his original season? That was right before I jumped on the BB band wagon
LHIOB
AG
quote:
How did Frank do in his original season? That was right before I jumped on the BB band wagon

He was on a season that also had 4 returning players who acted as coaches. He was a huge target and pretty much had to win HOH or Veto each week after the first few weeks.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Yea It appears he's made too many deals and playing a little too hard in the early going. He's been making all the right moves but he's been a little forced and way out in the open about it. His days are probably numbered. His best bet if they all turn on him is to get out in the next several rounds and have a shot to get back in with the battle back thing.
Bunk Moreland
Paulie has really benefited from being not technically in the 8 pack, but basically always having been in it. Now he can play the whole long warrior thing, he's not offended by not being in it, but he's always been for himself type of talk to the other side of the house, and it comes of way more legitimate.

Tiffany has also been going straight paranoid mode every time she sees people talking, just like her sister did. I think DR has been throwing questions out to the HG's about potentially getting rid of her this week to see if they can drum up some drama. I think it has worked a bit, but Victor still looks like the one to go.
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:

Tiffany has also been going straight paranoid mode every time she sees people talking, just like her sister did. I think DR has been throwing questions out to the HG's about potentially getting rid of her this week to see if they can drum up some drama. I think it has worked a bit, but Victor still looks like the one to go.

I thought the same thing when the waterworks started immediately after she went up on the roadkill thing.
LHIOB
AG
She also has been having stress related breakouts like her sister so she's basically in hiding
Jimmy McNulty
AG
quote:
I think DR has been throwing questions out to the HG's about potentially getting rid of her this week to see if they can drum up some drama.

I've seen you mention this several times, and read similar things on other sites. Have they ever offered any kind of insight as to how they operate the DR's? Seems very interesting.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
quote:
I think DR has been throwing questions out to the HG's about potentially getting rid of her this week to see if they can drum up some drama.

I've seen you mention this several times, and read similar things on other sites. Have they ever offered any kind of insight as to how they operate the DR's? Seems very interesting.
The DR more or less exists for 4 things:

1) a place for the houseguests to vent
2) answer questions on the goings on in the house
3) allow production to "manipulate" the game if needed, even in small ways.
4) Cut promos and soundbites for TV broadcast

Obviously after a competition they'll call in the participants and ask really standard questions, but one thing to remember is they more or less "create" characters for TV. Often times it lines up fairly close with who they are in the house, but they also stretch the real truth, or create fake drama to drum up intensity going into an eviction that would be obvious if reading feeds/watching each night, but the person who only watches the broadcast wouldn't know.

They also float questions out to get their opinion on other houseguests or what they're doing. Production knows some of the HG's need to stay in the game longer than others for ratings purposes. So if one of those is a threat to be evicted, they may be asking all those who have openly said in the house they're voting that person out a bunch of questions about an issue related to maybe another target. Just to keep their heads spinning.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Yea, they essentially did the same thing with Bridgette last week when they thought she was talking trash and trying to make it look like she could catch some votes when in reality, she was never in any danger of being evicted.
htxag09
AG
I really disliked her at first. But I'm starting to like momma da this season.
Scotch
AG
quote:
I really disliked her at first. But I'm starting to like momma da this season.
Same here, I watched the feeds last year so maybe I had Da overload, but she is one of my faves this years. There seem to be so many hipsters/millennials that are easy to hate, so that may be making Da look better.
Bunk Moreland
yeah I've been fine with Day the whole time. Zakiyah is following her around like a teacher's pet. Usually you see that hero worship/latching when they bring back hg's from time to time. Not to say I dislike Z, but she has definitely changed her persona a bit, mostly due to how close she is with Day.

I like all the HG's for the most part at this point. Well, there isn't anyone I cant' stand now that Jozea is out. Everyone is more or less naturally filling that "role" of the different types of players and strategists.

spanky
AG
Momma Da is fine when she feels safe. Once she feels targeted again, we will all hate her dramatic ways.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.