*****Official JUSTIFIED Final Season Thread*****

69,597 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
The D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What did Boyd say at the end ?
RebAg13
AG
It's over
Post removed:
by user
Ag00Ag
AG
quote:

"we dug coal together"
AgUltimate5
AG
quote:
We dug coal together
The D
AG
Thx, at a hotel and the speakers aren't the best
chase128
AG
Fitting ending.

It was a long shot Wynona ended up with Raylon anyway. They probably tried to make it work and ran into the same problems as before.

Glad Duffie made it out alive. So Ava escaped with the backpack of 1 million dollars right?
Centerpole90
AG
I'm good with it and the last scene even makes me feel a little vindicated. Even though the last season was pitched as the deathmatch between Boyd and Raylan, I've never thought their rivalry was mortal. Raylan was content to let Boyd just boyd until he kept getting higher up the food chain. I didn't think one of them HAD to die to achieve resolution.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm going to need some time to digest that finale. The best scene in the time skip was Raylan and Boyd.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I feel like we got closure on all the main story lines. I can accept this ending. It wasn't necessarily what I had in mind, but I like how we've gone full circle with Boyd back with his flock and Raylan in Miami.
chase128
AG
If Ava had long hair this whole season she wouldn't have been annoying at all...
Bunk Moreland
As much as I can't stand Ava, I laughed my ass off when she bailed on Raylan again while he's laying in the street.

I really enjoyed it. Was not expecting it to go down like that. Boyd just shreds that entire room, then Raylan and boon in a draw I need to go back and watch about 20 times.

All in all, it's whatever. I enjoyed the Boyd scene at the end as well.
chris1515
AG
Did Ava go back in the woods and get the money? The Feds got the backpack because Art took it when they left the barn.

I thought it was a good wrap up. I'd hoped for a little more action but this worked for me.

Maybe in a year or so they can bring it back for a limited run when Boyd escapes from prison and goes after Ava. Based on Raylan's visit I think Boyd would feel like Raylan was pitching the "Ava's dead" storyline just a bit too much...
Sea Pony 07
AG
I think she told Wynn how to get the money and he kept most of it.
merc
AG
After he talked about what a mistake it was earlier Boon tries for the head shot on Raylan. Heh.
Bunk Moreland
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-finale-review-justified-the-promise-fire-in-the-hole

Sepinwall has a fantastic review, one with links to an interview with Yost who explains a bunch of things, and a great list of all the callbacks in the episode
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
I thought the finale was good. They wrapped everything up and Raylan, Boyd, and Ava live.

I didn't care much for Ava but didn't have the hatred many of you did for her. I think.they lost her way with her character but it was ok I guess.

Do they normally have the final season out on Blu-ray before it ends. I thought that was pretty neat.
chase128
AG
quote:
http://m.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/series-finale-review-justified-the-promise-fire-in-the-hole

Sepinwall has a fantastic review, one with links to an interview with Yost who explains a bunch of things, and a great list of all the callbacks in the episode

That link is great! Talks about how Elmore Leonard didnt like Raylon's hat in the show, that he pictured it being a smaller one. Fitting that Raylon ended up with one like that, Boone's.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
So Ava escaped with the backpack of 1 million dollars right?
I doubt she made it out with much, if anything. I would imagine almost every dollar in her backpack went to Wynn Duffy to transport her the hell out of there. She most likely also let him know about the rest of the buried money to sweeten the deal.

It may not have been what everybody wanted, but "we dug coal together" was just so ******* beautiful a way to end the series.

Ava being pregnant the whole time makes you think back on her behavior in those last episodes.
Connd
I feel good about it. Better than raylan becoming a lumberjack.
Post removed:
by user
BigBrother
AG
So did Raylan actually feel the same way as Boyd at the end, or did he just want to sell the lie about Ava?

It was so well acted that I found myself still wanting Raylan to sympathize with Boyd just that little bit at the end.
Bunk Moreland
The Friends of Eddie Coyle by George Higgins
Ol Jock 99
AG
I'll forget the 10 minutes of Ava nonsense and enjoy the rest.

Aside: tonight was directed by Alan Arkin. Better known in the Justified world as Theo Tonin.
Centerpole90
AG
So disappointed in Wynona. Her guy looked like a big buffoon, and I think her ass was just a little wider. Four years was hard on her.
WestTxAg06
AG
quote:

The book Elmore Leonard called the greatest crime novel ever written.

Fantastic detail there.
MW03
AG
Not what I expected at all, but great all the same. Really enjoyed the epilogue between Raylan and Boyd.
Post removed:
by user
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:

Thanks, I was wondering too.
deep94
AG
Didn't Boyd have the money with him when he came down the mountain? He had a big heavy backpack. I assumed he found the money hidden under Groves' body. Boyd then stashed the money somewhere before he showed up in the barn. I imagine the money is still hidden out there somewhere.
Ol Jock 99
AG
He has a satchel with dynamite. I do assume the money is still out there.
gomerschlep
AG
I think Ava split the remaining 9mil with Wynn to get out of Harlan. The question I have is did Wynn know that was the deal when her ordered the dog grooming millennium falcon on the Forrest Gump bench? I thought the finale was great.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I thought that it was a very nice touch that the only reason Raylon is alive was that Boone did the very same he preached against an episode or two before: going for a head shot instead of a body shot. Boone wanted to prove he was the man. It cost him the chance to kill the man.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
The question I have is did Wynn know that was the deal when her ordered the dog grooming millennium falcon on the Forrest Gump bench?
Wynn knew the money hadn't made it out of Harlan and the lure of $10 million (ESPECIALLY since all his accounts had been frozen) was just too much for him to leave it alone.
TX scallywAG
AG
So was Rylan's new hat, Boone's hat off his body?

They did leave the money ambiguous. I also assumed Duffield collected it. They mentioned rumors of him in Fiji.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.