*****Official JUSTIFIED Final Season Thread*****

69,430 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think he wants him to die, without it being obvious it was him. If he just lets boyd fall, then Boyd's goons just kill him. So when he didnt fall right through, he had to save him.
Ol Jock 99
AG
It appears the mid season slump is upon us. At least Wynona is still hot. Even being a mere four months postpartum. Amazing.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
between this thread and the bcs thread, i'm convinced the internet has given 95% of adults ADD. every episode of every show is "slow" or "slumping".

here you go, just put this on a one hour loop:

Ol Jock 99
AG
I'm fine with slow. I'm fine with developing characters. But Justified has crawled in the middle of every season. What happened tonight? Wynano is back and Boyd made Ava come clean. That's it. That ain't slow. That's a throw away episode in the final season.
PatAg
AG
Boyd is so damn crafty.
Sea Pony 07
AG
He should have let Nelson hold the baby.
Centerpole90
AG
quote:
What happened tonight? Wynano is back and Boyd made Ava come clean.
Just one more thing.

Another classic Raylan/Tim exchange. That was funny.
Smokedraw01
I have a feeling that either Winona or Ava end up dead in the end.
Centerpole90
AG
Oh, not Winona. Please not Winona.
Bunk Moreland
Winona ain't dying.

Ava better ****ing die.

I enjoyed last night's episode. I thought the Boyd sense were pretty intense. But again, so much Ava screen time in those emotional scenes can be rough to get through.

Winona just gave Raylan authority to have his cake and eat it too. I think he's now wiser, and he's going to go out with one last bang.

I guess I'll predict it: Rachel is killed by one of the bad guys, probably Walker. Raylan takes the kingpin & Boyd down, Art recommends Raylan for Chief Deputy. Raylan and Winona stay in Lexington, and Raylan lives his life with his wife and child letting his deputies do the gritty work for the most part, but sometimes getting into the fray, much like Art.
Stive
AG
Raylan and Tim exchanges and the Art vs Sam Elliot exchanges were great!

The rest was meh. But I've come to expect a few episodes like this each year.
mhayden
Man, if you watched that episode and didn't enjoy it I question how you've stuck with Justified this long...

Episode was light on action but this show isn't 24.

Raylon and Winona discussing their future in a motel room with Winona finally coming to grips that she can't ask Raylon to not do what he loves but also can't be without him? I thought that was perfect... She's gone from "I want to be with you but you have to choose us over the job" to "I want to be with you badly enough that I can live with the pain of the job as long as it's better than the pain of being without you"... How can you not love that? Too many shows go with the "woman leaves" or "man sacrifices job"... Justified didn't.

And at the same time Winona and Raylon's relationship finally seems to be maturing and moving forward, Boyd and Ava's is falling apart and we're left not knowing if Boyd will still look out for Boyd or Boyd AND Ava.

Art and Avery? How can you not like that?

Tim being condescending to Raylon.

Ty Walker scenario playing out a little bit too much like off-the-rails Quarles from a few seasons back, but still fun to watch.
chase128
AG
I agree hayden!
Ol Jock 99
AG
Don't get me wrong, it's still one of the best shows on TV right now. There were some fun moments, as you mentioned. But overall, I thought the episode was pretty darn weak compared to the standard that justified has made for itself.

I think my biggest issue was that the entire dynamic between Ryland and Wynona was not believable to me at all.
Stive
AG
quote:

I think my biggest issue was that the entire dynamic between Ryland and Wynona was not believable to me at all.
This.

After all of their turmoil over the last few years and she shows up out of the blue with that message? Random.
PatAg
AG
Ever loved someone so badly you couldnt stand to live without them...and have a child with them?
Bunk Moreland
She didn't show up out of the blue, did she? I thought she was in town for something with the baby, and Raylan missed it.

Also, he has been telling her since birth that he's going to be down in florida soon, and he keeps putting her off. She knows she can't do it without him, so she went to basically force the hand. Either they start discussing joint custody, or they work on raising the baby together as a family.

I thought it played brilliantly. We always thought Raylan wanted that, and you started to think she did too. Then, after the first tumultuous months of raising the child and she's at her wit's end, she all the sudden brings up separate lives to gauge how Raylan would take it. He calms her down, lets her rest while he takes the baby. When he comes back, the baby isn't crying, Winona is rested, and she finds out he took the baby to the office. She then makes the realization that she wants and needs Raylan in her life and by her side, but that he also can't get away from the work. And she's ok with that now with the baby being there.

Also, there's a reason Winona's scenes have been so sporadic over the last few years, and that's due to her availability. They had to load her all up into one episode(and basically one scene) so they could get her on set and churn out her storyline as much as possible in a day or 2 of shooting, so she could go fulfill other work obligations.

Given those restrictions, I thought it worked really well.
mhayden
quote:
I thought it played brilliantly. We always thought Raylan wanted that, and you started to think she did too. Then, after the first tumultuous months of raising the child and she's at her wit's end, she all the sudden brings up separate lives to gauge how Raylan would take it. He calms her down, lets her rest while he takes the baby. When he comes back, the baby isn't crying, Winona is rested, and she finds out he took the baby to the office. She then makes the realization that she wants and needs Raylan in her life and by her side, but that he also can't get away from the work. And she's ok with that now with the baby being there.

This summed it up better than I did. Nothing about Winona's scenes seemed out of place at all. Only out of place thing this show has this season is Ava not being able to carry her sceneload.

As far as it being not up to Justified standards -- While it isn't Bennett-clan "great" Justified, last season being so meh just made me long for "good" Justified, so I'm more than happy.
Centerpole90
AG
quote:
Raylon and Winona discussing their future in a motel room
I'm surprised they let him back around that hotel I know he's killed at least ONE person there. Wasn't Winona held hostage there or something once? Hell, I'd go stay at the Hampton Inn.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
I'm surprised they let him back around that hotel I know he's killed at least ONE person there. Wasn't Winona held hostage there or something once? Hell, I'd go stay at the Hampton Inn.
80s Guy
So my daughter saw Sam Elliot again and his old man eyebrows, and said "How did Nana think he was sexy?"

Then she saw Raylan holding the baby, and now she wants me to buy the rest of the series....

What have I wrought?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Want to see a great "slow" episode? Watch tonight's The Americans.
Ag00Ag
AG
"If you wanted me to shoot you in the front you should've run towards me."

Greatness
chase128
Ol Jock 99
AG
Really good episode. The ghost scene was a little odd, but it worked. And kudos to Gordo for finally getting his shout-out.
AgsMnn
AG
Good episode last night. The grave commentary was pretty funny with the casket talk.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
And kudos to Gordo for finally getting his shout-out.
They also threw out a reference to Grubes
Bunk Moreland
Wasn't my favorite episode. The Ty Walker death was just not a good payoff. He opened the season so strong, 2 shots to the back kinda sucks as a way to see him go. Figured it'd be a bit tougher than that to get him.

Oh well. Home stretch now. Each episode should be getting more intense.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
One of the best episodes of great lines:

"And how about the manner in which they were buried?"
"I wasn't around, but I'd imagine he put her in the cheapest piece of sh*t available."
"And him?"
"I put him in the cheapest piece of sh*t available."

"Why isn't anybody down here named 'Steve' or 'Justin'?"

"He's in the bathroom cleaning his shirt. He spilled some guacamole on it."
"It's 9:30 in the morning."
"He loves the guac!"

"You play tennis? We should play doubles sometime!"

Plus, I loved the realism of Zachariah and Raylan's scuffle: they each get two good punches in, then both just say screw it and give up and move on.
mhayden
quote:
Wasn't my favorite episode. The Ty Walker death was just not a good payoff. He opened the season so strong, 2 shots to the back kinda sucks as a way to see him go. Figured it'd be a bit tougher than that to get him.

I wish it had been done a little better, but i think there's a reason they wanted to do it with him running off and shot in the back -- something that goes against his entire being.
dave94
AG
quote:
quote:

I wish it had been done a little better, but i think there's a reason they wanted to do it with him running off and shot in the back -- something that goes against his entire being.
It was worth the payoff of him saying "This is bullsh*t, you shot me in the back." and Raylan's retort.
Bunk Moreland
Yeah. I can see some significance, but I guess it just was anticlimactic for the type of death of a character that was extremely intriguing this season. The whole scene just kinda happened and then done. Given how much screen time Walker had throughout the first half of the season, was really hoping for more there.
Post removed:
by user
mhayden
quote:
The opening scene and Arlo ghost scene were way out of place. I know that will happen with different directors, but it was still odd. Everything else was great. How many episodes left?

I felt the initial scene was sudden, but not necessarily out of place... The whole story arch in this season has been Raylan finally getting out of Harlan and leaving his past behind him. Putting the house on the market, dealing with the gravestones, committing to Winona, etc...

I'd assume it's all setting up for his death due to his inability to let the past go, but we'll see.

The end scene was odd as it dove right into something that had never really been discussed before. Almost felt like to me that the actor who plays Arlo had some kind of contract stating he'd be present in this season or X number of episodes so they had to jam him in there in ghost format.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Early onset Alzheimer's disorder with behavioral features or inherited bipolar disorder with psychotic features.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.