*****Official JUSTIFIED Final Season Thread*****

69,448 Views | 532 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Has it been 3 episodes without raylan shooting someone?

Think so.

It's been great so far, and last night's episode was great.

Showing Raylan has changed since he's decided to be a father... Less killing & less banging everything with two tits.
Bunk Moreland
Ava was cringe-worthy bad at points last night with her acting, but she got through a big episode that featured her a lot.

So no mustache Sam Elliot can still be pretty damn intimidating. That scene with Boyd and him was great.
chase128
AG
I thought Ava was doing a good job.

Everyone has an opinion, though. Overall, good season so far!
Bunk Moreland
I'm overly critical of her I know. It was a powerful episode, and I think her scenes later in the episode were better than early on. Just some of her lines never sit right when she delivers them.

Rachel too. I love Rachel, but sometimes she says her lines as if she's stumbling through reading it right off the page.
dave94
AG
In their defense, this show has some of the most interwoven dialogue out there.

Olyphant and Goggins are just that good.
80s Guy
Walt with the zinger
"I'm telling you not to get your ass bit"
80s Guy
The Whiz got blown the **** up!
chase128
AG
I told you *******s to leave your phones in the car!
MEEN Ag 05
AG
The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand!
80s Guy
Loretta is.back!
PatAg
AG
Occam's Razor Thor's Hammer, who gives a ****!
pilgrim82
AG
Limehouse!
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Had to pause the DVR for five minutes while waiting for my wife to quit laughing hysterically.

And any episode where Dickie Bennett makes an appearance is a great episode.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Had to pause the DVR for five minutes while waiting for my wife to quit laughing hysterically.

And any episode where Dickie Bennett makes an appearance is a great episode.
Post removed:
by user
RebAg13
AG
Great season
Stive
AG
quote:
Limehouse!
Did I miss Limehouse? Where was he?

Finally watched this weeks episode at lunch today! Nicely done. Man...this was one big ass family reunion. Loretta, Dickey Bennett....!!

That explosion scene was hilarious. Their expressions when it was done are an all-timer.

I wasn't sure where they were going to take Sam Elliot when I saw his name listed for this season, but I'm liking it so far. I think he's doing this role just right.

I'm having mixed feelings on Ava. Some of her scenes are coming across as really good/tense/well acted. But about half the time, her accent is so cornball that I can hardly stand it.
Post removed:
by user
Bunk Moreland
The Ava stuff was real bad.
Bobcat06
AG
The Ava scenes were important to establish Katherine's motive for ripping off and killing Avery Markum even though she is sleeping with him. Before last night, it was unclear who's side Katherine was on.
ItsA&InotA&M
"Did I miss Limehouse? Where was he? "

I was wondering that also until I was watching The Americans last night and stopped the DVR too soon. I caught previews of next weeks Justified episode. He is shown in the previews.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Ava stuff is bad, and the whole "killing off people to buy their land to grow weed" premise seems pretty stupid too.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The Ava stuff is bad, and the whole "killing off people to buy their land to grow weed" premise seems pretty stupid too.
Ava's story has been bad since like season two. The killing people to take their land is pretty old school mafia style IMO.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
The Ava scenes were important to establish Katherine's motive for ripping off and killing Avery Markum even though she is sleeping with him. Before last night, it was unclear who's side Katherine was on.
I thought it was pretty clear that Katherine is on Katherine's side.... Everyone is merely a chess piece for her to move.
Bunk Moreland
quote:

I understand all that. This isnt' groundbreaking. Her scenes are still bad, and featuring her as much as they are, especially with a coke-binged storyline full of jewelry theft and more...is brutal to watch on screen. This show has done a masterful job at limiting what could be potential weak spots with certain actors/storylines over the years. They walk the fine line of outrageous but not ridiculous. The Ava stuff is bad this year so far.

I'm ok with everything else though so far.
mhayden
Agreed. Ava is tolerable in short stints, but not as a key player.

Her scenes are starting to get a very oh-god-its-a-Kim-Bauer-segment feel to them.
chase128
AG
The ending for last night's episode seemed a bit out of the blue.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yes and no.

Ava has held that torch for Raylan since the very first episode. She thought he was going to ride in and sweep her away from Harlan and that old life then (after she killed Bowman) and now she's thinking (hoping) that Raylan will finally come through with that.

It's also very probable that she's hedging her bets right now because she is a short step away from cracking from all the pressure and needs Raylan to feel something more for her than just a CI that's being used solely to get Boyd. Raylan's made it pretty clear that this is the only reason she's out of prison and that he doesn't have much sympathy for her other than making sure she holds up and doesn't screw the plan.
mhayden
"Could I have some SKIM milk?"
Stive
AG
I got confused on the Boyd stuff this week.....why were they trying to cut their way into that old mine shaft? Looking for explosives?
Post removed:
by user
Stive
AG
quote:
quote:
I got confused on the Boyd stuff this week.....why were they trying to cut their way into that old mine shaft? Looking for explosives?
He said something about where the shaft ran, but I was confused too. I am not sure if they are going to end up under the bank or if they were looking for explosives.
I heard that comment too, but thought maybe I had missed something else about their objective. Seemed like the shaft was short of the target by a certain distance so they went and got crazy uncle shotgun to help them shorten the distance.

Centerpole90
AG
This season hasn't set the hook on me yet; and I'm a die-hard Justified guy. I'm not complaining or quitting or anything like that, but I'm just not feeling it yet.

That said. the "Skim Milk" line made me LOL. Has Ava been showing that much cleavage all season? I thought it was was exaggerated this episode. Maybe I was just anticipating the Raylan hookup, takes us back to Season 1.

ETA, I just caught up tonight. sorry for begin late to the party.
Sea Pony 07
AG
I really don't understand Raylan. He's got Wynona and his baby girl and he's going off and ****ing up his relationship and potentially his investigation by sleeping with Ava, again. I feel like both the last two episodes have been a let down, but Tim and Rachel with the prison guard was hilarious.

I really think this show might end with Raylan and Boyd shooting each other over Ava and her walking away. Or some how, and this would be better IMO, they shoot her.
Centerpole90
AG
quote:
but Tim and Rachel with the prison guard was hilarious.
I liked the part where they walked out the door of his hotel room in all their MARSHALL gear before Duffy and his boy could even get down the stairs.

I know, I know, it's a TV show and all..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.