In the hospital

47,961 Views | 220 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by JB99
AgRebel08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They wan to give me remdvisvr.

Yes or no?
wbt5845
AG
Dude I'm gonna tell you to listen to the MD caring for you instead of jackwads on the Internet.
tb9665
I agree. Listen to your doctor. Covid is different for everyone.
fightingfarmer09
Have they done Monoclonal Antibodies?

I'd be skeptical of anything that could do harm as well as good.

Hope you find the guidance you are looking for.
Jbob04
AG
I took it when I was in the hospital, I didn't have any complications from it, thankfully.
BlackLab
AG
Just curious- why did you need to go to the hospital?
FriscoKid
AG
Hell no.
I don't think studies have shown it does much good and it can do harm.

I would personally never take it. I would sign myself of the hospital first.

I'd take Regeneron in a heartbeat though.
NICU Dad
AG
No unless you want total kidney failure.
Teslag
AG
Ignore every poster here telling you to ignore your doctor. Gambling with your life because some posters on a message board want to use this pandemic as a political football isn't wise. Your doctor is a trained professional with years upon years of experience.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Salute The Marines said:

Ignore every poster here telling you to ignore your doctor. Gambling with your life because some posters on a message board want to use this pandemic as a political football isn't wise. Your doctor is a trained professional with years upon years of experience.

This person is a vaccine worshipper and the advice on this thread is sound based off the covid victims in my family.

No ventillator
No remdesivir

That **** can kill you.
snowdog90
OP, don't blindly listen to me. But don't blindly listen to your doctor either. Doctors have presided over 850,000 deaths attributed to covid. Do your own research. I will tell you, though, you should NOT take Remdesivir. Here's another link. There are many more. The link i provided earlier has several texags posters who know people that were put on Remdesivir, had kidney failure, and died.

It is YOUR CHOICE. Don't let anyone choose for you, not me, not the doctor, not anyone. YOU CHOOSE.

Aggie95
AG
You don't know his particular docs credentials. Might be a 26 year old that just graduated from University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.
jopatura
AG
Talk to your prescribing doctor, especially if you have any comorbidities. If you're in the hospital, you're in the hospital for a reason and need some kind of treatment. I'm sorry it's gotten to this point for you.
Teslag
AG
Aggie95 said:

You don't know his particular docs credentials. Might be a 26 year old that just graduated from University of Puerto Rico School of Medicine.

Which would make him infinitely more qualified than random posters on a college football message board.
Aggie95
AG
Wrong. If you can't question a doctors advice, then he/she is unqualified.
Teslag
AG
You're right. When you find yourself in the hospital with a potentially deadly outcome you should always question your highly educated and trained medical profession with the following…

"I completely understand what you're are saying doc, but Aggie95 on Texags and sexboi55 on Reddit have stated I should ignore your expert opinion".
htxag09
AG
OP, praying for a speedy recovery.

But for all these docs on the thread that are treating the OP from behind your keyboard:

Preexisting conditions?
What's his/her BMI?
Age?
Gender?
Blood O2?
General state of well being?
Aggie95
AG
Or...you use reality and say
"Doc, I've seen reports of severe complications woth Remdesivir. I want to understand why you're choosing this vs monoclonal antibody?"

Really not that complicated but you do you and keep blindly following the medical community that has changed more than the wind since 2020. It's as if you think medical malpractice doesn't exist and/or that docs can't make serious mistakes, they're human...
jopatura
AG
OP was asking about hydroxychloroquine on the 24th. He may be out of the window for antibodies. They won't give it after 10 days.
01agtx
AG
ICU nurse here. NO.
Teslag
AG
jopatura said:

OP was asking about hydroxychloroquine on the 24th. He may be out of the window for antibodies. They won't give it after 10 days.

Yep. And the same usual suspects on that thread were telling him it worked. And now he's in the hospital and yet they still want him to ignore his physician and spew their potentially deadly misinformation.

Trolley Problems
snowdog90 said:

OP, don't blindly listen to me. But don't blindly listen to your doctor either. Doctors have presided over 850,000 deaths attributed to covid. Do your own research. I will tell you, though, you should NOT take Remdesivir. Here's another link. There are many more. The link i provided earlier has several texags posters who know people that were put on Remdesivir, had kidney failure, and died.

It is YOUR CHOICE. Don't let anyone choose for you, not me, not the doctor, not anyone. YOU CHOOSE.

Not going to dive into the rest of the crazy on this thread, but lo-freaking-l at the bolded statement.

You say that as to imply that docs should not be listened to because people are dying from covid. Over 700k have died from HIV/AIDS since the 80s. Does that mean HIV patients shouldn't listen to their doctors? What an idiotic way to go about attempting to discredit doctors. Solid logical fallacy you built there.
snowdog90
Salute The Marines said:

jopatura said:

Yep. And the same usual suspects on that thread were telling him it worked. And now he's in the hospital and yet they still want him to ignore his physician and spew their potentially deadly misinformation.

Agrebel08 started the hcq thread and never posted again in 4 pages. Nobody knows what they did. On that thread, most recommended ivermectin or monoclonal antibodies. many people can't get monoclonal antibodies, which was having great results.

Can't have that when there's vaccines to sell, so now, good luck getting monoclonal antibodies.

Again, nobody knows what AgRebel08's story is. Hope it turns out well, and I hope Remdesivir is avoided.
Skillet Shot
Based on previous posting history, OP is 36 and has already had covid.
I haven't heard of many (if any) severe cases on second reinfection.
Especially if you have Omicron, and especially if you are young. Terrible luck.

I'm sorry to hear you are hospitalized, what are your O2 levels and how many days have you had symptoms?
94chem
Can't have that when there's vaccines (administered before infection, cost $20) to sell, so now, good luck getting monoclonal antibodies (administered after infection, cost $2000).

Like saying you can't have steak for dinner because you had Cheerios for breakfast.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
Charpie
AG
Get better. It would be interesting to hear why they want you to take this med.
Knucklesammich
If only we had a board where verified doctors could weigh in. Wait we have a board like that but my take is they have been run off or beaten down by all this.

I'd say you need to be informed but also, assuming your doctor isn't completely green has to have treated hundreds of COVID patients of all types of outcomes and types/categories of patients...ask him about some of the health concerns and see what they say.

I have no opinion or expertise on the drug/treatment in question.
unmade bed
snowdog90 said:

Salute The Marines said:

jopatura said:

Agrebel08 started the hcq thread and never posted again in 4 pages. Nobody knows what they did. On that thread, most recommended ivermectin or monoclonal antibodies. many people can't get monoclonal antibodies, which was having great results.

Can't have that when there's vaccines to sell, so now, good luck getting monoclonal antibodies..

Lol at the idea that "they" have limited supply of monoclonal antibodies in order to make money on the vaccine.

We burned up quite a bit of our supply of monoclonal antibody treatment with the delta surge this summer (ironically many of those were patients that refused vaccination due to concerns over long term effects and lack of proper testing, but apparently they didn't have same concerns for antibody treatment).
03_Aggie
unmade bed said:

snowdog90 said:

Salute The Marines said:

jopatura said:

Can't have that when there's vaccines to sell, so now, good luck getting monoclonal antibodies..

Lol at the idea that "they" have limited supply of monoclonal antibodies in order to make money on the vaccine.

We burned up quite a bit of our supply of monoclonal antibody treatment with the delta surge this summer (ironically many of those were patients that refused vaccination due to concerns over long term effects and lack of proper testing, but apparently they didn't have same concerns for antibody treatment).

Now do those that were vaccinated and still took treatments because 1) they still needed it or, 2) didn't need it but didn't have enough confidence in their vaccine to ride it out.
SUag
AG
AgRebel08 said:

They wan to give me remdvisvr.

Yes or no?
So sorry to hear this. Were you hospitalized after getting Covid before? That seems pretty rare.

Regardless, I would absolutely listen to your doctors over the political hacks trying to give "medical advice" on this forum.
VaultingChemist
AG
Our local hospital's Covid-19 Medicine Subcommittee does not recommend Remdesivir to treat hospitalized patients.

RockOn
Hoping for the best for you AgRebel08.
Jbob04
AG
RockOn said:

Hoping for the best for you AgRebel08.

Same here. Prayers for AgRebel08. Hopefully they will
Check back in and let us know how it's going.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Sounds more like delta vs omicron. Onicron prevalence was around 50-60% the week he became ill (and 22% the week prior). A shame monoclonal AB wasn't available. I have seen enough from docs and hospitals that i would not want to be treated with remdesivir unless i thought i was headed for real trouble and desperate, but not sure of your risk factors
PerpetualLurker
OP, hope you get better soon. Please listen to actual doctors.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.