Anybody regret taking the JAB?

11,185 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El Chupacabra
bay fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
ea1060 said:

I do. Since I got the jab 4 months ago Ive had post vaccine symptoms almost everyday: dizzy/light headed spells, arm pain, bad headaches. Wish I had never gotten it.
You also have long covid right?
bay fan
S
PJYoung said:

No regrets.

Got the booster a couple of weeks ago and even though I haven't had the covid I feel almost bullet proof.
I too am boosted and bionic. It's great.

By the way, the second Moderna was hard for about 12 hours but the booster was more like shot number 1, sore arm and tired.
bay fan
S
Marcus Aurelius said:

Belittle all you want. But. My partner's dtr - a staunch anti virus/vax person - now has covid. 40 y/o. She is dying on ECMO/VENT/Dialysis. Unvaccinated. . I have had 6 unvaccinated new ones today. All tenuous. I am sick of it. It is a massive burden on health care now. Rant over. GN.
Sorry Dr.Marcus, you see the worst of it daily but when it strikes close to home it's hard to ignore the clutter of this board. Many of us value your contributions and appreciate your daily efforts on behalf of people who didn't need to be there.
PatAg
AG
BoerneAg11 said:

Nothing conveys someone's lack of intelligence faster than referring to a vaccine as 'the JAB'

Edit (assuming they aren't English)
The other is using the catch phrase "do no harm"
ursusguy
AG
No regrets from me.

Got Moderna back I April. Had a function in NM in July, and I deal with homeless populations on a frequent basis. Second shot was simply an hour of mild chills, and I slept longer than usual the next day. Wife got Pfizer in March, and so did my son in July (maybe a bit of fatigue the next morning and that was it). No regrets on either of them.
BassCowboy33
No regrets.
Petrino1
Charpie said:

ea1060 said:

I do. Since I got the jab 4 months ago Ive had post vaccine symptoms almost everyday: dizzy/light headed spells, arm pain, bad headaches. Wish I had never gotten it.
Wait.

You also had covid, did you not?
Yes, long haul covid symptoms. But the dizzy spells happened after the vaccine. Ive read its a common symptom from the pfizer vaccine.
GeographyAg
AG
ea1060 said:

Hey, how ya' doing ea? Did you ever go to the doctor to get your heart checked?

If I remember correctly you had Covid and then still had long-covid symptoms when you were vaccinated, right?
Then *two weeks* after you were vaccinated the arm pain and dizziness began, correct?

Last time you posted that's what you said if I recall. It seems like this probably has to do more with your original long-covid symptoms and/or some other underlying condition than a vaccine taken two weeks before those symptoms began, imho, but I'm no doctor.

I sincerely hope you'll get yourself checked thoroughly. You might have some long-term damage from the Covid that needs to be checked out.

I'm praying for you.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
Petrino1
bay fan said:

ea1060 said:

You also have long covid right?
Correct.
Petrino1
GeographyAg said:

ea1060 said:

If I remember correctly you had Covid and then still had long-covid symptoms when you were vaccinated, right?
Then *two weeks* after you were vaccinated the arm pain and dizziness began, correct?

Last time you posted that's what you said if I recall. It seems like this probably has to do more with your original long-covid symptoms and/or some other underlying condition than a vaccine taken two weeks before those symptoms began, imho, but I'm no doctor.

I sincerely hope you'll get yourself checked thoroughly. You might have some long-term damage from the Covid that needs to be checked out.

I'm praying for you.
Ive been trying to see my doctor for weeks but she is all booked up. But reading other long haulers stories, typically their blood work came back fine and the doctor said they were normal. I suspect the same will happen for me.

Yes, I have long haul symptoms. Yes, 2 weeks after the vaccine I started experiencing arm pain and dizziness. It made my long haul symptoms much worse. I basically have symptoms everyday now, whereas before I would feel fine for a week, then sick for a week etc.
GeographyAg
AG
ea1060 said:

GeographyAg said:

ea1060 said:

I'm praying for you.
Ive been trying to see my doctor for weeks but she is all booked up. But reading other long haulers stories, typically their blood work came back fine and the doctor said they were normal. I suspect the same will happen for me.

Yes, I have long haul symptoms. Yes, 2 weeks after the vaccine I started experiencing arm pain and dizziness. It made my long haul symptoms much worse. I basically have symptoms everyday now, whereas before I would feel fine for a week, then sick for a week etc.
I'm really sorry you're still experiencing symptoms. How long has this been going on? How long has it been since the original covid infection? How long since the vaccine? It seems like you might need to try to find a new doctor, if you can, depending on how bad this dizziness and pain is. I hope you can find a good one who will really look at you thoroughly. Maybe an EKG and stress test are in order?

Petrino1
GeographyAg said:

ea1060 said:

GeographyAg said:

ea1060 said:

I'm praying for you.

I'm really sorry you're still experiencing symptoms. How long has this been going on? How long has it been since the original covid infection? How long since the vaccine? It seems like you might need to try to find a new doctor, if you can, depending on how bad this dizziness and pain is. I hope you can find a good one who will really look at you thoroughly. Maybe an EKG and stress test are in order?

Covid long hauler for 15 and a half months. Post vaccine symptoms for 4 months.

I doubt the tests will show anything abnormal. Plus, how would they even treat post vaccine symptoms? They have nothing to treat long haulers, its basically "just be patient and it will go away." Gee, thanks Doc lol!
WES2006AG
AG
No regrets at all:

-Had a bad case of COVID/COVID Pneumonia in March 2020
-First shot of Moderna in January
-Second shot in February
-Booster in August

I am immunocompromised after an organ transplant so getting all of my shots was a VERY easy decision. I only wish I had had the option to get vaccinated before I was horribly sick back in 2020. I can't imagine having the option to avoid getting the worst of COVID and choosing not to.
Capitol Ag
AG
Pros: No more masks or mitigation for me. Though one could argue that I took this approach after "recovering" from the actual Covid I had. It was very mild hence the "recovering" in quotes...
no side bad effects at all
has effectively "ended" covid for me (yes, I know I just posted on the Covid forum)

Cons:
Wife hasn't adjusted to the 5 extra inches I gained....(no rule #1 sorry)

Oh and I had to wait in line for the first shot. But I had the internet to keep me distracted....
lawless89
My wife's grandfather probably regrets it since it more than likely killed him.

86 years old
He was a stroke patient for over a decade
Got the Johnson & Johnson
Died six days later of a heart attack

He's never had heart issues his whole life and less than a week after the shot, he gets a heart attack and passes. A week later is when the complications with the J&J were announced. I know my mother in law regrets every single day taking him to get that shot, but we rejoice in knowing he's with Jesus now.
mccjames
AG
No regrets. It was easy pain free no lingering effects.
CS78
Tell me about your long haul symptoms or more specifically the dizziness. How would you describe your symptoms? I deal with PPPD(persistent postural perceptive dizziness) every day after a sinus surgery that went wrong and I ended up sedated in ICU for a number of days. It's a fairly new and obscure diagnosis. It usually is associated with some sort of "trauma". It can be physical trauma like a car wreck or psychological or just a high stress situation like an illness. Even though I have links that point to my issue originating from a physiological basis, there is definitely a psychological aspect as well. The good thing is there are treatments that can help. Sorry for all the mumbo jumbo. See if this sounds like you at all.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29036855/
TheMasterplan
Nope - emboldens me to speak out against mandatory vaccinations more since they can't just throw the anti-vax label at you.

You can be in favor of vaccinations but against mandatory vaccinations. Civil rights and liberty trump all.
CondensedFogAggie
Nope, and honestly it's miraculous we have a jab thats this good at preventing severe illness.

I remember before vaccines came out, that people were saying even 50% effectiveness would be great.
Gizzards
AG
fromKyle said:

Funny how many people (presumably college educated) can't read the question and chimed in that they had no regrets, when that wasn't the question.
Funny how some people (presumably college educated) start a thread and forgot the title they used to introduce it. Just maybe people were responding to the title and not the question that followed it. If you did not want to know about regrets, then you probably should have left it out of the title. I am eagerly awaiting your next condescending criticism.
FlowCtlr
AG
I just hope everyone's answer to this question is still "no" a few years from now. Likely will still be "no" but you just never know.
NJaggie
AG
No regrets! None. Cant wait to get moderna booster.
pete
Petrino1
CS78 said:

Tell me about your long haul symptoms or more specifically the dizziness. How would you describe your symptoms? I deal with PPPD(persistent postural perceptive dizziness) every day after a sinus surgery that went wrong and I ended up sedated in ICU for a number of days. It's a fairly new and obscure diagnosis. It usually is associated with some sort of "trauma". It can be physical trauma like a car wreck or psychological or just a high stress situation like an illness. Even though I have links that point to my issue originating from a physiological basis, there is definitely a psychological aspect as well. The good thing is there are treatments that can help. Sorry for all the mumbo jumbo. See if this sounds like you at all.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29036855/
Im sorry to hear that you are dealing with this. So basically almost everyday since I got the vaccine, I get dizzy/light headed spells for an hour or so. Very disoriented. After the dizzy spells occur then the covid symptoms hit: feverish feeling, warm, chills, achy, ear ache, arm pain, leg pain, brain fog, fatigue. Although lately the dizzy spells have lasted longer and longer, sometimes for hours, or all day.

Have you found any kind of treatment that works for you?
WES2006AG
AG
FlowCtlr said:

I just hope everyone's answer to this question is still "no" a few years from now. Likely will still be "no" but you just never know.
This must be that fear mongering I hear so many people talking about these days.
YouBet
AG
I'm regretting it in the moment. I got my second shot yesterday and I basically have full on flu like illness. Fever for 6 hours last night and I feel like someone beat the sh^t out of me from head to toe with a baseball bat. I can barely move and still have a headache. Was completely fine and within literally 5 minutes I was bedridden and felt like I was dying.

And, man, I don't understand people who are celebrating and "can't wait!" to get the booster. That is a borderline psychotic reaction.
Duncan Idaho
So I keep O2 on hand for my cluster headaches. My neighbor about my age called last night to see if I had any advice for her husband's O2 set up so she can set things up when he gets released. I told her that mine was for a completely different purpose and she should probably ask company handling her husband's O2.

The point of this story is I would rather take the known outcome of having a day or two of vaccine side effects vs having to make that call.

Think of it as an insurance premium. I don't get excited about writing the check but I am less stressed due to insurance policy. But some might call insurance an irrational fear since there were only 380,000 residential fires last year.
TarponChaser
NJaggie said:

No regrets! None. Cant wait to get moderna booster.
You know what's better than the vaccines and doesn't require a booster? Natural immunity from a prior infection.

I hate that I was forced to decide between supporting my family and getting the vaccine despite having natural immunity and still having antibodies after 10 months.
El Chupacabra
WES2006AG said:

No regrets at all:

-Second shot in February
-Booster in August

I am immunocompromised after an organ transplant so getting all of my shots was a VERY easy decision. I only wish I had had the option to get vaccinated before I was horribly sick back in 2020. I can't imagine having the option to avoid getting the worst of COVID and choosing not to.
Well, the 'worst' of COVID for millions of people is not knowing they were sick. And the 'worst' of COVID for millions more people is a slight cold. And the 'worst' of COVID for even more millions of people is a week of fatigue and a slight fever. Shocking as this might sound, COVID is not a guaranteed death sentence or a guaranteed hospitalization.
GeographyAg
AG
YouBet said:

I'm regretting it in the moment. I got my second shot yesterday and I basically have full on flu like illness. Fever for 6 hours last night and I feel like someone beat the sh^t out of me from head to toe with a baseball bat. I can barely move and still have a headache. Was completely fine and within literally 5 minutes I was bedridden and felt like I was dying.

And, man, I don't understand people who are celebrating and "can't wait!" to get the booster. That is a borderline psychotic reaction.
I'm so sorry you're having a bad reaction. That's too bad. I hope it's gone in a day or two.

I must say, though, that It is offensive to call those of us who are happy to have a booster available "borderline psychotic." Do you know our health history? Do you know our age and situation?

How would you feel if people said not getting the vaccine is "borderline psychotic" ?

My parents are celebrating getting the booster. They are in their 80s with age-related health conditions. They had ZERO reaction to their first two covid shots, and aren't at all worried about the third. They've avoided getting COVID and are happy to take another booster if it will give them a chance to fight the virus if they get exposed. They aren't hiding in the house, btw, nor are they wearing masks.

I personally think their mental health is very good and they're thinking clearly when they celebrate the availability of the vaccines that can help them avoid diseases.

03_Aggie
GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

I'm so sorry you're having a bad reaction. That's too bad. I hope it's gone in a day or two.

I must say, though, that It is offensive to call those of us who are happy to have a booster available "borderline psychotic." Do you know our health history? Do you know our age and situation?

How would you feel if people said not getting the vaccine is "borderline psychotic" ?

My parents are celebrating getting the booster. They are in their 80s with age-related health conditions. They had ZERO reaction to their first two covid shots, and aren't at all worried about the third. They've avoided getting COVID and are happy to take another booster if it will give them a chance to fight the virus if they get exposed. They aren't hiding in the house, btw, nor are they wearing masks.

I personally think their mental health is very good and they're thinking clearly when they celebrate the availability of the vaccines that can help them avoid diseases.

Good lord quit being so damn sensitive.
WES2006AG
AG
El Chupacabra said:

WES2006AG said:

No regrets at all:

-Second shot in February
-Booster in August

Well, the 'worst' of COVID for millions of people is not knowing they were sick. And the 'worst' of COVID for millions more people is a slight cold. And the 'worst' of COVID for even more millions of people is a week of fatigue and a slight fever. Shocking as this might sound, COVID is not a guaranteed death sentence or a guaranteed hospitalization.
You are right that COVID is no guarantee of a bad outcome. The problem is you are actually going to have to get COVID to see which part of the outcome statistics you personally fall into and for some they will find out too late that they underestimated their risk of serious COVID.
GeographyAg
AG
03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

Really? Are you "borderline psychotic" ?

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who whines because he suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

I am, however, pointing out the hypocrisy of the attitude of "leave me alone and don't criticize me if I don't want to get the vaccine" with the mean-spirited nastiness of putting down people as insane for thinking differently.

I'm sorry if that went over your head.
03_Aggie
GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

I am, however, pointing out the hypocrisy of the attitude of "leave me alone and don't criticize me if I don't want to get the vaccine" with the mean-spirited nastiness of putting down people as insane for thinking differently.

Oh it's not over my head. The person that called people crazy for waiting to get a booster is a vaccinated person. So where's the hypocrisy again?
GeographyAg
AG
03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

Oh it's not over my head. The person that called people crazy for waiting to get a booster is a vaccinated person. So where's the hypocrisy again?
Sigh.

He got the vaccine, yes, but he's angry about it. He's so angry about it that he called people crazy for wanting to get the booster.

So, he didn't want to get the vaccine and doesn't want to be criticized for not wanting it, but is absolutely fine with calling others names who want it and are happy to take it.
AggieJ2002
AG
I am definitely on the, you should get vaccinated, but I believe it's everyone's personal choice side of the fence.

That said, a question I have for those that are worried about long-term effects of the vaccine. If your doctor prescribes a medication, do you research it and study the potential short and long term effects of every medicine before taking it? Many medications have been developed in the last 5-10 years, and I personally have never researched it as I am just trusting my doctor (maybe I shouldn't be so trusting). I suspect many are consistent with their anti-vax belief and try not to take any medications, but I also suspect there are just as many that don't research the medications and just take what the Dr. prescribes. Not really making an argument, just something I was curious about.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.