Anybody regret taking the JAB?

11,168 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El Chupacabra
03_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

I'm regretting it in the moment. I got my second shot yesterday and I basically have full on flu like illness. Fever for 6 hours last night and I feel like someone beat the sh^t out of me from head to toe with a baseball bat. I can barely move and still have a headache. Was completely fine and within literally 5 minutes I was bedridden and felt like I was dying.

And, man, I don't understand people who are celebrating and "can't wait!" to get the booster. That is a borderline psychotic reaction.
I'm so sorry you're having a bad reaction. That's too bad. I hope it's gone in a day or two.

I must say, though, that It is offensive to call those of us who are happy to have a booster available "borderline psychotic." Do you know our health history? Do you know our age and situation?

How would you feel if people said not getting the vaccine is "borderline psychotic" ?

My parents are celebrating getting the booster. They are in their 80s with age-related health conditions. They had ZERO reaction to their first two covid shots, and aren't at all worried about the third. They've avoided getting COVID and are happy to take another booster if it will give them a chance to fight the virus if they get exposed. They aren't hiding in the house, btw, nor are they wearing masks.

I personally think their mental health is very good and they're thinking clearly when they celebrate the availability of the vaccines that can help them avoid diseases.

Good lord quit being so damn sensitive.
Really? Are you "borderline psychotic" ?

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

I am, however, pointing out the hypocrisy of the attitude of "leave me alone and don't criticize me if I don't want to get the vaccine" with the mean-spirited nastiness of putting down people as insane for thinking differently.

I'm sorry if that went over your head.

Oh it's not over my head. The person that called people crazy for waiting to get a booster is a vaccinated person. So where's the hypocrisy again?
Sigh.

He got the vaccine, yes, but he's angry about it. He's so angry about it that he called people crazy for wanting to get the booster.

So, he didn't want to get the vaccine and doesn't want to be criticized for not wanting it, but is absolutely fine with calling others names who want it and are happy to take it.

Well, he's now in the smart and sophisticated category so you might want to learn how to start agreeing with his opinion.

Also a funny way to show how much you don't care or are not bothered. I'm sure your ok with your response because "he started it."

Quote:

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who whines because he suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa
TarponChaser
WES2006AG said:

El Chupacabra said:

WES2006AG said:

No regrets at all:

-Had a bad case of COVID/COVID Pneumonia in March 2020
-First shot of Moderna in January
-Second shot in February
-Booster in August

I am immunocompromised after an organ transplant so getting all of my shots was a VERY easy decision. I only wish I had had the option to get vaccinated before I was horribly sick back in 2020. I can't imagine having the option to avoid getting the worst of COVID and choosing not to.
Well, the 'worst' of COVID for millions of people is not knowing they were sick. And the 'worst' of COVID for millions more people is a slight cold. And the 'worst' of COVID for even more millions of people is a week of fatigue and a slight fever. Shocking as this might sound, COVID is not a guaranteed death sentence or a guaranteed hospitalization.
You are right that COVID is no guarantee of a bad outcome. The problem is you are actually going to have to get COVID to see which part of the outcome statistics you personally fall into and for some they will find out too late that they underestimated their risk of serious COVID.

The part that is always glossed over by the vaccine pushers regarding those of us bringing up natural immunity is that we're no longer at risk. We had covid, in many cases it was absolutely nothing, and got over it.

That's a huge difference from somebody who hasn't had covid at this point and is relying on being healthy. The odds are still overwhelming that if you're under 50, not overweight, and have no underlying health issues you'll be perfectly fine.

I got vaccinated because I was going to be forced to in order to support my family despite having had covid and being protected. The side effects of the vaccine were actually worse than when I had covid. Had I never had covid I would have been far less likely to be vaccine-hesitant because having the fatz (but I'm down 40# or so since May) puts me at higher risk despite having good BP, not diabetic, etc (confirmed by physical with PCP).

It's especially problematic when we're looking at the dramatically increasing numbers of serious breakthrough cases and the fact that Delta is transmitted almost as much and as easily by the vaccinated as the unvaccinated.

Given these breakthrough cases and the exceedingly low overall mortality rate that the idea of "zero covid" is about as real as unicorn farts. This is an endemic virus which will always be with us. Manage your risk and go about your life vaxxed or not.
GeographyAg
AG
03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

03_Aggie said:

GeographyAg said:

YouBet said:

I'm regretting it in the moment. I got my second shot yesterday and I basically have full on flu like illness. Fever for 6 hours last night and I feel like someone beat the sh^t out of me from head to toe with a baseball bat. I can barely move and still have a headache. Was completely fine and within literally 5 minutes I was bedridden and felt like I was dying.

And, man, I don't understand people who are celebrating and "can't wait!" to get the booster. That is a borderline psychotic reaction.
I'm so sorry you're having a bad reaction. That's too bad. I hope it's gone in a day or two.

I must say, though, that It is offensive to call those of us who are happy to have a booster available "borderline psychotic." Do you know our health history? Do you know our age and situation?

How would you feel if people said not getting the vaccine is "borderline psychotic" ?

My parents are celebrating getting the booster. They are in their 80s with age-related health conditions. They had ZERO reaction to their first two covid shots, and aren't at all worried about the third. They've avoided getting COVID and are happy to take another booster if it will give them a chance to fight the virus if they get exposed. They aren't hiding in the house, btw, nor are they wearing masks.

I personally think their mental health is very good and they're thinking clearly when they celebrate the availability of the vaccines that can help them avoid diseases.

Good lord quit being so damn sensitive.
Really? Are you "borderline psychotic" ?

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

I am, however, pointing out the hypocrisy of the attitude of "leave me alone and don't criticize me if I don't want to get the vaccine" with the mean-spirited nastiness of putting down people as insane for thinking differently.

I'm sorry if that went over your head.

Oh it's not over my head. The person that called people crazy for waiting to get a booster is a vaccinated person. So where's the hypocrisy again?
Sigh.

He got the vaccine, yes, but he's angry about it. He's so angry about it that he called people crazy for wanting to get the booster.

So, he didn't want to get the vaccine and doesn't want to be criticized for not wanting it, but is absolutely fine with calling others names who want it and are happy to take it.

Well, he's now in the smart and sophisticated category so you might want to learn how to start agreeing with his opinion.

Also a funny way to show how much you don't care or are not bothered. I'm sure your ok with your response because "he started it."

Quote:

I'm actually not at all sensitive. I truly do not care what the poor guy who whines because he suffered a bad headache and fever for 6 hours has to say about me. waaa

I do not agree with his opinion that those who want the booster are "borderline psychotic" and I never will.

I did not call him crazy or say anything about his choice, and I have never called someone insane for not wanting it. That's their choice.
If I’m posting, it’s actually Mrs GeographyAg.
Mr. GeographyAg is a dedicated lurker.
GeographyAg
AG
TarponChaser said:

The part that is always glossed over by the vaccine pushers regarding those of us bringing up natural immunity is that we're no longer at risk. We had covid, in many cases it was absolutely nothing, and got over it.
You do know you can get Covid twice, right?

I know someone who had it twice, and the second time she got it was a lot worse than the first.

If you've already had it, that's great. I (and all the pro-vaccine people I know) don't care if you get the vaccine or not.

I sometimes think you guys are angry with the government and want to come in here and yell at us about it. Most of those who support vaccination don't want mandates and do recognize that there is a great deal of protection with natural immunity.

I'm not a "vaccine pusher," but the vaccine was a painless shot with zero side effects for the VAST majority of people. And then we've got a little help when we do get exposed to the disease. We're grateful for that help.

On the other hand, I have now lost 3 unvaccinated relatives, and have a dear friend who is still struggling with covid symptoms after getting it a month ago. Yes, I'm thrilled with the vaccine if it gives me any help at all in avoiding a month or more of covid.

YouBet
AG
Maybe I was a little harsh with my language but I just can't process the mentality of being ecstatic about taking this. To me it's a necessary evil foisted upon us by evil actors that comes with a massive slippery slope of which we do not understand the long-term health implications.
TarponChaser
GeographyAg said:

TarponChaser said:

You do know you can get Covid twice, right?

I know someone who had it twice, and the second time she got it was a lot worse than the first.

If you've already had it, that's great. I (and all the pro-vaccine people I know) don't care if you get the vaccine or not.

I sometimes think you guys are angry with the government and want to come in here and yell at us about it. Most of those who support vaccination don't want mandates and do recognize that there is a great deal of protection with natural immunity.

I'm not a "vaccine pusher," but the vaccine was a painless shot with zero side effects for the VAST majority of people. And then we've got a little help when we do get exposed to the disease. We're grateful for that help.

On the other hand, I have now lost 3 unvaccinated relatives, and have a dear friend who is still struggling with covid symptoms after getting it a month ago. Yes, I'm thrilled with the vaccine if it gives me any help at all in avoiding a month or more of covid.

Based on the data I've found there are more numerous serious breakthrough cases than reinfections. The data is pretty clear that naturally acquired immunity is more durable and more broad vs. variants than vaccinations.

You personally may not care but the great majority of people on here pushing vaccinations do so by parroting the government statements which ignore naturally acquired immunity.
el bee
AG
Were people this mad about polio shots? MMR shots? Tetanus shots??? I do not understand the absolute fury some folks have over a vaccine that could likely save your life.
West Point Aggie
AG
el bee said:

Were people this mad about polio shots? MMR shots? Tetanus shots??? I do not understand the absolute fury some folks have over a vaccine that could likely save your life.

Some of it is politics, some of it is some perceived lack of trust, some of it is social media and immediate information which was not a thing back when polio was a threat.

I find people being yelled at for wearing a mask, a bit stupid and puzzling.
GeographyAg
AG
el bee said:

Oh, yeah. There have always been a few. There do seem to be a lot more these days, though. I've dealt with anti-vaxers for years. I homeschooled our daughter, so I had a lot of interactions with those folks. They were very pushy with their anti-vax agenda, and got VERY angry and up in your face if you didn't agree with them. It's a Big Business for a lot of Bloggers, too. Some folks have made a fortune peddling anti-vax propaganda.

It's always been funny to me. They're all like "Natural is better" but they don't act like that about much of anything else. They'll wear glasses and take other medicines, but there's just something about a vaccine that makes them crazy. I know several who also refuse the Vitamin K shot that's usually given after a child is born. It's a VITAMIN, but they'll still act like the government and "Big Pharm" is trying to poison their newborn.

I honestly thought when we had this pandemic and then Trump amazingly pushed through the vaccine red-tape in record time we'd finally see them realize that vaccines are amazing and wonderful, but it hasn't happened.

My parents were chomping at the bit to get it, but they remember the days before vaccines. We have a whole generation of people who don't realize how wonderful modern medicine really is. So many take it for granted.
Duncan Idaho
el bee said:

Ina word, yes.

Many more here
https://vaxopedia.org/2020/01/08/vaccine-cartoons-and-caricatures/
TarponChaser
el bee said:

Why do people continually point to vaccinations for diseases which had mortality rates orders of magnitude higher than covid? That significantly changes the calculation.
Duncan Idaho
You might want to check that infection fatality rate for polio.
Forum Troll
AG
There are a lot of statistical similarities to covid and mumps, rt number, cfr, incubation, vaccine effectiveness.
TarponChaser
Duncan Idaho said:

You might want to check that infection fatality rate for polio.
About 1% in children vs. like 0.004% for covid in kids. In adults I seem to recall polio was like 2-5% vs. well under 1% with covid.
Duncan Idaho
First that 1% is the case fatality right. Infections only had about a .5% case rate.

Second. are kids the only demographic that matters?
Guitarsoup
AG
Don't regret it at all.

I gave double red on a Monday, and Tuesday got an email that I could get the vaccine Wednesday. I got it Wednesday and combined with giving double red, I was wiped out for about a week. No fevers or anything, but just hugely fatigued.

Got second shot and wife had COVID about a week later, so I wasn't fully protected, but I never tested positive.

I donate blood, plasma and platelets regularly and still don't have COVID antibodies, so the vaccination apparently did its job.

Second shot went smoothly and had no problems other than a sore arm for a little while.
hbtheduce
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

First that 1% is the case fatality right. Infections only had about a .5% case rate.

Depends on the context. But because inoculating children for covid won't prevent breakthrough cases or potential spreading to adults, seems like a pretty silly thing to mandate.
YouBet
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I gave double red on a Monday, and Tuesday got an email that I could get the vaccine Wednesday. I got it Wednesday and combined with giving double red, I was wiped out for about a week. No fevers or anything, but just hugely fatigued.

Got second shot and wife had COVID about a week later, so I wasn't fully protected, but I never tested positive.

I donate blood, plasma and platelets regularly and still don't have COVID antibodies, so the vaccination apparently did its job.

Second shot went smoothly and had no problems other than a sore arm for a little while.
Except ideally you want those antibodies to help you fight off future exposure.
Guitarsoup
AG
YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

Hybrid immunity is clearly the strongest immunity possible, but never getting COVID seems more ideal than getting it.

Not having antibodies in the blood test that is run when giving blood doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working, it means I never had covid and don't have natural immunity in addition to the protection conferred by the vaccine.
Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

T-cell memory can make up for lack of detectable antibodies
YouBet
AG
Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

Hybrid immunity is clearly the strongest immunity possible, but never getting COVID seems more ideal than getting it.

Not having antibodies in the blood test that is run when giving blood doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working, it means I never had covid and don't have natural immunity in addition to the protection conferred by the vaccine.
I would rather have hybrid immunity than be subject to a permanent therapeutic every six months.

I wasn't questioning how antibodies work and the vaccine work. I did not have natural immunity either when I got the vaccine, recently.
YouBet
AG
Salute The Marines said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

T-cell memory can make up for lack of detectable antibodies
Yes.
Jim Benson 63
AG
I have had all three Pfizer shots. No problems, no side effects, no regrets.
Guitarsoup
AG
YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I would rather have hybrid immunity than be subject to a permanent therapeutic every six months.

I wasn't questioning how antibodies work and the vaccine work. I did not have natural immunity either when I got the vaccine, recently.

I would rather never have COVID than to have COVID.

A vaccine is not therapeutic.
TarponChaser
YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

But you're old and your immune system is weakened because you didn't have kids to expose you to every pathogen known to man.
TarponChaser
Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I don't think that's a realistic goal for anybody though.
Guitarsoup
AG
TarponChaser said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I've been heavily exposed to it and still haven't had it. My biggest exposure was before the vaccine was at full capacity.

Who knows what will happen with mutations down the road, but so far so good.

But in any event, never having covid is the ideal scenario, not having it just so you can get antibodies.
bay fan
S
TarponChaser said:

NJaggie said:

No regrets! None. Cant wait to get moderna booster.
You know what's better than the vaccines and doesn't require a booster? Natural immunity from a prior infection.

I hate that I was forced to decide between supporting my family and getting the vaccine despite having natural immunity and still having antibodies after 10 months.
You weren't forced, you chose not to change jobs. Your employer chose to mandate vaccines. You each made a choice.
TarponChaser
Duncan Idaho said:

Of the differing strains of polio it's not just the fatality rate it's the after effects.

The most common form, spinal polio, which is almost never fatal but results in permanent paralysis in about 25% of the case and another 25% with what is termed "mild disability" which includes deformities in the lower legs necessitating the use of orthotics or a cane or crutches.

Bulbar polio was much more likely to be fatal.

And no, kids aren't the only demographic that matters but mandating kids take covid vaccines when the risk to them is beyond minuscule is patently absurd.
TarponChaser
bay fan said:

TarponChaser said:

NJaggie said:

You know what's better than the vaccines and doesn't require a booster? Natural immunity from a prior infection.

I hate that I was forced to decide between supporting my family and getting the vaccine despite having natural immunity and still having antibodies after 10 months.
You weren't forced, you chose not to change jobs. Your employer chose to mandate vaccines. You each made a choice.

That's a distinction without a difference. Especially considering how broad this unconstitutional, illegal, and immoral mandate really is.

Now why don't you try toning down the sanctimony?
planoaggie123
AG
bay fan said:

TarponChaser said:

NJaggie said:

You are splitting hairs. Some people actually work a job to support their family and are really good at what they do...up and leaving is rarely an option. So, by the company mandating vaccines, he was in fact forced.

Granted, we can just let Daddy Government force vaccine mandates and hand out checks every month...that would be the best right? We can all just sit around campfires and sing kumbaya.

Edit: Forgot my thumbs down....horrible take by you.
Duncan Idaho
TarponChaser said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Of the differing strains of polio it's not just the fatality rate it's the after effects.

The most common form, spinal polio, which is almost never fatal but results in permanent paralysis in about 25% of the case and another 25% with what is termed "mild disability" which includes deformities in the lower legs necessitating the use of orthotics or a cane or crutches.

Bulbar polio was much more likely to be fatal.

And no, kids aren't the only demographic that matters but mandating kids take covid vaccines when the risk to them is beyond minuscule is patently absurd.

So you agree that death rate is a horribly insufficient metric to use when determining public health measures.
bay fan
S
Sanctimony? I say tone down the victimhood. The way of the world is your employer sets the standards for its employees not the other way around. Should people be able to set their own hours? Holiday schedule? No. You make choices, they make choices. You don't like them, leave. It's not sanctimony, it's just being tired of all the complaining which changes nothing. You are not an indentured servant.

Oh, and I do work to support my family as opposed to as a hobby. I just don't complain about things I don't like. I either accept it and move on or make changes I can control. Feeling sorry for myself has never changed a thing so it's a waste of time.
bay fan
S
So he is also forced to work certain hours and only take a certain number of vacation days right? Sometimes he is forced to work with coworkers he doesn't like. When something is bad enough to make you feel like a victim, make a change. It's pretty simple.
YouBet
AG
TarponChaser said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

When it's endemic, it's not.

And we changed the definition of vaccine with COVID. Under the historical definition, this isn't a vaccine but since we are trying to get everyone on this particular one for COVID the definition was changed to suit the current environment. It's basically a hybrid vaccine/therapeutic at this point. You are most likely going to catch it eventually but this treatment will in high likelihood suppress the severity of the symptoms.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.