Anybody regret taking the JAB?

11,048 Views | 126 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by El Chupacabra
planoaggie123
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You do understand this is being done based on attempted mandates by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

To try and equate this policy change at a company to a holiday schedule is laughable.

To my knowledge this is the first time companies are terminating people due to vaccination status. I could be wrong there.

Not everyone can just change jobs at a whim. Many people have decades of "goodwill" at their current company and that can be lost at the flip of a switch. Maybe if you flip burgers changing jobs is easy but many people have worked their ass off for their position at their current company and now may have to change jobs bc they dont want a vaccine....
El Chupacabra
The vaccine idolizers have truly turned this into a religion. It is shocking to see to be quite honest. The amount of hate and disdain that vaccine idolizers have for those that don't bow at the vax alter is troubling.
Guitarsoup
AG
YouBet said:

TarponChaser said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I gave double red on a Monday, and Tuesday got an email that I could get the vaccine Wednesday. I got it Wednesday and combined with giving double red, I was wiped out for about a week. No fevers or anything, but just hugely fatigued.

Got second shot and wife had COVID about a week later, so I wasn't fully protected, but I never tested positive.

I donate blood, plasma and platelets regularly and still don't have COVID antibodies, so the vaccination apparently did its job.

Second shot went smoothly and had no problems other than a sore arm for a little while.
Except ideally you want those antibodies to help you fight off future exposure.

Hybrid immunity is clearly the strongest immunity possible, but never getting COVID seems more ideal than getting it.

Not having antibodies in the blood test that is run when giving blood doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working, it means I never had covid and don't have natural immunity in addition to the protection conferred by the vaccine.
I would rather have hybrid immunity than be subject to a permanent therapeutic every six months.

I wasn't questioning how antibodies work and the vaccine work. I did not have natural immunity either when I got the vaccine, recently.

I would rather never have COVID than to have COVID.

A vaccine is not therapeutic.

I don't think that's a realistic goal for anybody though.
When it's endemic, it's not.

And we changed the definition of vaccine with COVID. Under the historical definition, this isn't a vaccine but since we are trying to get everyone on this particular one for COVID the definition was changed to suit the current environment. It's basically a hybrid vaccine/therapeutic at this point. You are most likely going to catch it eventually but this treatment will in high likelihood suppress the severity of the symptoms.

What a vaccine does hasn't changed. A 2-dose polio vaccine gave 80-90% protection against paralysis-causing pollo and 60-70% against other types. Pfizer and Moderna are reported to be 90-95%.

It is not a vaccine/therapeutic, because a therapeutic is something you take when you already have a disease. Chemotherapy is a therapeutic. It doesn't prevent you from getting cancer, it treats/kills cancer you already have. Just like with other vaccines, it doesn't create a force field to prevent you from getting it, but it does train your immune system with how to react of if you do get an infection so that you body fights it off before it is even detectable. That's the same way vaccines have worked since Salk.

The covid vaccines don't treat covid; they are not therapeutics. Remdesivr is a COVID therapeutic. Monoclonal antibodies is a therapeutic.
YouBet
AG
The definition was changed because it no longer fit what these vaccines are actually doing. That is simply fact.

I'm calling it a hybrid because it may protect you for a while but you will still most likely catch it. The good thing is that in all likelihood you won't suffer severe symptoms. There are way too many breakthrough cases with delta to say this is a pure vaccine at this point.

Regarding preventing/treating severity, these shots are working as designed but they aren't purely vaccines at this point.
Guitarsoup
AG
YouBet said:

The definition was changed because it no longer fit what these vaccines are actually doing. That is simply fact.

I'm calling it a hybrid because it may protect you for a while but you will still most likely catch it. The good thing is that in all likelihood you won't suffer severe symptoms. There are way too many breakthrough cases with delta to say this is a pure vaccine at this point.

Regarding preventing/treating severity, these shots are working as designed but they aren't purely vaccines at this point.

You realize this is the same as any vaccine, right?

Before I went to The Sudan, I had to get boosters in seven different vaccines including polio because I would be exposed to these diseases and it had been so long since I had had many vaccines, their effectiveness had likely waned.

That's the same thing with the covid vaccines, only people in the US are being exposed to covid at pretty high rates due to the nature of the virus.
03_Aggie
bay fan said:

Sanctimony? I say tone down the victimhood. The way of the world is your employer sets the standards for its employees not the other way around. Should people be able to set their own hours? Holiday schedule? No. You make choices, they make choices. You don't like them, leave. It's not sanctimony, it's just being tired of all the complaining which changes nothing. You are not an indentured servant.

Oh, and I do work to support my family as opposed to as a hobby. I just don't complain about things I don't like. I either accept it and move on or make changes I can control. Feeling sorry for myself has never changed a thing so it's a waste of time.

That's rich, you literally complained about your employer not informing you of the vaccination status of coworkers prior to in person meetings with you.

bay fan said:

On the flip side, I had a meeting in my office this week in a small conference room and I later found out the person I met with was not vaccinated. I was not pleased. I would NOT meet with an unvaccinated person in a small closed environment and I feel betrayed by lack of policies in my office. There needs to be transparency by policy if someone makes the choice to be unvaccinated, I want to make the choice not to meet in person with them.

You have a funny way of not complaining.
Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

TarponChaser said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

YouBet said:

Guitarsoup said:

Don't regret it at all.

I gave double red on a Monday, and Tuesday got an email that I could get the vaccine Wednesday. I got it Wednesday and combined with giving double red, I was wiped out for about a week. No fevers or anything, but just hugely fatigued.

Got second shot and wife had COVID about a week later, so I wasn't fully protected, but I never tested positive.

I donate blood, plasma and platelets regularly and still don't have COVID antibodies, so the vaccination apparently did its job.

Second shot went smoothly and had no problems other than a sore arm for a little while.
Except ideally you want those antibodies to help you fight off future exposure.

Hybrid immunity is clearly the strongest immunity possible, but never getting COVID seems more ideal than getting it.

Not having antibodies in the blood test that is run when giving blood doesn't mean the vaccine isn't working, it means I never had covid and don't have natural immunity in addition to the protection conferred by the vaccine.
I would rather have hybrid immunity than be subject to a permanent therapeutic every six months.

I wasn't questioning how antibodies work and the vaccine work. I did not have natural immunity either when I got the vaccine, recently.

I would rather never have COVID than to have COVID.

A vaccine is not therapeutic.

I don't think that's a realistic goal for anybody though.
When it's endemic, it's not.

And we changed the definition of vaccine with COVID. Under the historical definition, this isn't a vaccine but since we are trying to get everyone on this particular one for COVID the definition was changed to suit the current environment. It's basically a hybrid vaccine/therapeutic at this point. You are most likely going to catch it eventually but this treatment will in high likelihood suppress the severity of the symptoms.

I realize "it's a therapeutic" is a cute politics board catch phras but it's stupid and you are too smart to use it too. A therapeutic is something you give post infection. There's not a doctor in this world claiming the vaccines have any positive effect post infection.
Teslag
AG
YouBet said:

Many "pure vaccines" as you call them also don't prevent infection, especially with an initial round of inoculation. The polio vaccine requires 4 to 5 shots over a period of 4 years.

Also, the changing definitions thing is a red herring. Definitions across our vocabulary change as technology improves and new developments are made. Why should medical science be immune to this?
bay fan
S
planoaggie123 said:

You do understand this is being done based on attempted mandates by the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT.

To try and equate this policy change at a company to a holiday schedule is laughable.

To my knowledge this is the first time companies are terminating people due to vaccination status. I could be wrong there.

Not everyone can just change jobs at a whim. Many people have decades of "goodwill" at their current company and that can be lost at the flip of a switch. Maybe if you flip burgers changing jobs is easy but many people have worked their ass off for their position at their current company and now may have to change jobs bc they dont want a vaccine....
Lolz. If the flipping burger comment is aimed at me, by virtue of the fact I don't see myself as a victim which many of you poor forced to vaccinated people do, success is not a problem of mine. If your good at anything and dislike something enough you can dictate your choices. Don't be a bystander.
planoaggie123
AG
Not at you for burger flipping. Maybe should have said "one" instead of "you"

I will do everything I can to avoid big government getting in my way with votes, donations, campaign volunteer, etc. Been active in school board meetings and discussions with school board members and continuing that trend with my local reps etc. starting local but this over reaching government that is pushing a welfare state can shove it. That is how I choose to not be a bystander.
bay fan
S
03_Aggie said:

bay fan said:

Sanctimony? I say tone down the victimhood. The way of the world is your employer sets the standards for its employees not the other way around. Should people be able to set their own hours? Holiday schedule? No. You make choices, they make choices. You don't like them, leave. It's not sanctimony, it's just being tired of all the complaining which changes nothing. You are not an indentured servant.

Oh, and I do work to support my family as opposed to as a hobby. I just don't complain about things I don't like. I either accept it and move on or make changes I can control. Feeling sorry for myself has never changed a thing so it's a waste of time.

That's rich, you literally complained about your employer not informing you of the vaccination status of coworkers prior to in person meetings with you.

bay fan said:

On the flip side, I had a meeting in my office this week in a small conference room and I later found out the person I met with was not vaccinated. I was not pleased. I would NOT meet with an unvaccinated person in a small closed environment and I feel betrayed by lack of policies in my office. There needs to be transparency by policy if someone makes the choice to be unvaccinated, I want to make the choice not to meet in person with them.

I told the story ONCE with the statement I am not pleased and I made an adjustment. I don't meet in my office anymore. I made the change I chose to. That's not a complaint, it's how an adult handles life.
03_Aggie
bay fan said:

03_Aggie said:

bay fan said:

bay fan said:

I told the story ONCE with the statement I am not pleased and I made an adjustment. I don't meet in my office anymore. I made the change I chose to. That's not a complaint, it's how an adult handles life.

So an adult assesses a situation and makes a choice on how to handle it? Hunh, what a novel concept.
planoaggie123
AG
Without government getting in the way…
GAC06
AG
My buddy regrets getting vaccinated. He's 30's and a runner. He got Pfizer and immediately started suffering heart problems. I hope he doesn't lose his life or his career over a vaccine for a virus that wasn't a threat to him. I already posted this in a different thread on this forum tonight but I guess it got deleted.
aggierogue
AG
bay fan said:

03_Aggie said:

bay fan said:

bay fan said:

Oh good grief. Not everyone is in a profession where they can change their daily schedule.

If someone has put their life's work in a profession and that industry is mandating vaccines, they are absolutely being forced unless they simply want to find a new career. There are plenty of people who don't have the means to just quit their job and do something else. The fantasyland that some of you live in where everyone has a similar level of education, wealth, and resources is amusing. I know people who barely get by and have had to get vaccinated to continue doing the only thing they have experience in.
redsquirrelAG
AG
Insanity. Acting like unvaccinated are sick or infected. You have lost your mind. Disgusting.
TarponChaser
bay fan said:

You clearly don't know what sanctimony is.

I already had immunity and was forced to decide between the vaccine which didn't do anything for me or anybody else around me and the almost a half-million dollars in stock options I would lose if I left. Not to mention the almost 6-figure bonus due next year.

And in reality the only choice is to get vaxxed or own your own company which I'm working on but it's not at a level yet where I can leave behind the current financial consideration.
planoaggie123
AG
You don't get it. Bay Fan says it's easy to get a new job after decades of work and equity (both stock equity and people equity). Just go find a job if you are smart. You must not be smart. I assume you are not smart because you don't like vaccine mandates.
TheMasterplan
You made the choice to leave your house and interact with the public. It's your own fault for interacting with an unvaccinated person.

Vaxxed/unvaxxed can still spread the virus by the way....follow the science please.
bay fan
S
TarponChaser said:

bay fan said:

You clearly don't know what sanctimony is.

I already had immunity and was forced to decide between the vaccine which didn't do anything for me or anybody else around me and the almost a half-million dollars in stock options I would lose if I left. Not to mention the almost 6-figure bonus due next year.

And in reality the only choice is to get vaxxed or own your own company which I'm working on but it's not at a level yet where I can leave behind the current financial consideration.
Sounds like you have a pretty good life set up. What I said was don't continuously whine about it. Clearly your job provides a lot of benefit, try to focus on that and don't act like a victim. If people don't understand that, I can't help you.
El Chupacabra
bay fan said:

03_Aggie said:

bay fan said:

bay fan said:

Lol. Not meeting with an unvaccinated person. What's the matter, your vaccine (+ boosters) isn't effective?
El Chupacabra
TheMasterplan said:

You made the choice to leave your house and interact with the public. It's your own fault for interacting with an unvaccinated person.

Vaxxed/unvaxxed can still spread the virus by the way....follow the science please.

Idolizers of Trump's vaccines don't care about the science. Just virtue signaling.
El Chupacabra
redsquirrelAG said:

Insanity. Acting like unvaccinated are sick or infected. You have lost your mind. Disgusting.

You're trying to discuss with someone who idolizes a vaccine, but also believes the vaccine doesn't work, but also worships government and employer mandates for the same vaccine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.