Just tested positive

127,112 Views | 871 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jbob04
Rule Number 32
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks so much for all the positive energy and prayers!

What a fun Saturday. Got outside to watch each daughter play a soccer game. Walked ~125 yards with no breaks (very slowly and on 4L) and wasn't tired when I got there. I've basically stopped using oxygen as long as I'm not walking, and I'm working on lowering my oxygen when walking. I've been able to do small walks around the house to the kitchen or bathroom with no oxygen and hold up pretty well. Hoping to ditch oxygen while sleeping in the next couple of days but that kind of freaks me out. I've been running 2.5L while sleeping and waking up at like 98%.

Aggie win and sip loss was just icing on the cake.
GigEmRangers75455
A little confused. I felt crappy starting Friday night at my nephews football game. Had to drive 4 hours home and felt awful the whole drive. All weekend just felt off and congestion started to set in. 3 year old had same kind of congestion. Monday the sinus pressure and phlegm was bad. Woke up Tuesday with the chills. Checked temp and it was 101 so I took ibuprofen. Brought it down for about an hour then couldn't keep it below 101 the rest of Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon took an at home test that was negative. Went to urgent care Tuesday night. Swabbed for covid and flu. Both negative. Doctor was insistent that my symptoms were covid. Did another test and was negative as well. Fever broke Tuesday night in the middle of the night and has been slight or non existent since. No cough other than scratchy throat from hacking up stuff and took an at home test today that was also negative. Sinuses clearing up. I have 101 now which is the first I've had all day. Basically tying to figure out if I have covid or a sinus infection…
Jbob04
AG
As many tests as you have taken, I would say sinus infection. Covid has the same symptoms as a ton of other illness's. I would try and get a round of prednisone and a z pack to knock it. Hope you feel better.
TX_AG_10
AG
I literally just had the same symptoms as you. Felt pretty cruddy for a few days.. only registered a 99.8 fever.. Sore throat, sinus pressure, congestion. I had to take a COVID test for work the day before I started feeling bad and it was negative. PCP ended up prescribing a zpak and prednisone as jbob mentioned and I kicked it completely by the last dose on day 5. Hope you get to feeling better. It sucks not feeling well, COVID or not.
Cepe
AG
Aggies75455 said:

A little confused. I felt crappy starting Friday night at my nephews football game. Had to drive 4 hours home and felt awful the whole drive. All weekend just felt off and congestion started to set in. 3 year old had same kind of congestion. Monday the sinus pressure and phlegm was bad. Woke up Tuesday with the chills. Checked temp and it was 101 so I took ibuprofen. Brought it down for about an hour then couldn't keep it below 101 the rest of Tuesday.

Tuesday afternoon took an at home test that was negative. Went to urgent care Tuesday night. Swabbed for covid and flu. Both negative. Doctor was insistent that my symptoms were covid. Did another test and was negative as well. Fever broke Tuesday night in the middle of the night and has been slight or non existent since. No cough other than scratchy throat from hacking up stuff and took an at home test today that was also negative. Sinuses clearing up. I have 101 now which is the first I've had all day. Basically tying to figure out if I have covid or a sinus infection…
It could be RSV. I know that it was rampant in Texas a couple of months ago, particularly in kids going back to school.

https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/symptoms.html

Edit: Here's an interesting article about it:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawa-sees-largest-rsv-outbreak-in-the-province
Caliber
AG
Cepe said:

Aggies75455 said:

It could be RSV. I know that it was rampant in Texas a couple of months ago, particularly in kids going back to school.

https://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/symptoms.html

Edit: Here's an interesting article about it:

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/ottawa-sees-largest-rsv-outbreak-in-the-province
This. the symptoms you describe fit RSV pretty well.

All the normal diseases are back this year and in many cases worse due to there hiatus. RSV is hitting adults harder than normal this year in general.

Not everything is COVID and Docs need to go back to better standards of diagnostics than covid, covid, covid.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

We had the same thing sans the fever. It hit us one at a time and then moved on out after about 5 days.
planoaggie123
AG
It is going to take this country a LONG time to not assume every cough is not COVID....sure....caution is warranted....and the reliability of tests is not the greatest but for me I would do 2 tests (rapid and PCR) and if got conflicting do 1 more PCR for the tiebreak....

after that....start figuring out what else it could be...
Wakesurfer817
planoaggie123 said:

It is going to take this country a LONG time to not assume every cough is not COVID....sure....caution is warranted....and the reliability of tests is not the greatest but for me I would do 2 tests (rapid and PCR) and if got conflicting do 1 more PCR for the tiebreak....

Remember the days when you'd get a cough and a low-grade fever and you'd just lay low for a day or 2 and then have the sniffles for a week and you'd go through 3 boxes of kleenex and not think a thing about it.

I miss those days. May they return soon.
Counterpoint
AG
Wakesurfer817 said:

planoaggie123 said:

Remember the days when you'd get a cough and a low-grade fever and you'd just lay low for a day or 2 and then have the sniffles for a week and you'd go through 3 boxes of kleenex and not think a thing about it.

And one of those nights is usually so bad, you have to sleep with a Kleenex stuffed up your nose... Or is that just me?
Rule Number 32
AG
Figured it was time for an update. I'm now just past 7 weeks from confirmed positive test. Finally starting to feel back to at least a little bit normal. I cut off the oxygen on Monday of this week, so I'm now on day 4 with no oxygen supplement. It feels great but man I get tired fast!

Saw the pulmonologist this week and he said I was coming along better than he would have guessed. Wants to see me again in 6 months to do PFT and x-ray. My new CT scan from last week showed a lot of inflammation and scarring still, so I may have some permanent damage. He said when I left the hospital he would have guessed I may have had oxygen for 6 months or more.

Overall still just trying to remember everyday that I'm lucky to be alive and lucky to have such amazing family and friends (and a kickass support system here on Texags). Baby steps every day. I definitely feel like I'm making progress, it just feels so slow. I got cleared today to start working again part time next week so that is great. My mind has been feeling like mush after the last 7 weeks. The most mentally taxing thing I've done has been guessing prices on the price is right!

Hoping all of you are progressing as well. Keeping all of you in my prayers daily.
double aught
AG
Great update! Thanks. That's funny about The Price is Right. I always associated it with being sick as a kid.
Pac1698
AG
That is so funny and true (about the price is right and being sick lol)!! I'm so thankful to check in and continue to read how everyone's health is improving!
Rex Racer
AG
Glad to hear! I was wondering about you and have had all of you guys in my prayers each day.

I am finally *almost* not coughing anymore. I still have some minor coughing in the morning, but much of the day I wouldn't know I was ever sick, except for still not having full lung capacity. I'm almost there, but I can tell I am not quite. Still doing my 3 mile walks each day and getting stronger.
Jbob04
AG
Great job 32 and Rex! Glad to hear you guys are doing well and still improving everyday. I'm doing really well. I feel like my lungs are back 100%. Still walking everyday and started doing some light running along with it. I also started back to the gym last week. I can't believe how much strength I lost during this though. I'm weak, had to lower my weights quite a bit in the gym.

Had a checkup/physical a few weeks back and that was a great checkup. All of my bloodwork came back great and he said my lungs sounded really good. Didn't show any elevated inflammatory markers in my bloodwork as well.

Keep up the good work everyone. Continued prayers for complete recovery.
billyjack2009
you guys have been on my mind - how are the formerly hospitalized crew doing?
Matsui
AG
Just popped positive
Vaccinated and boosted
Jbob04
AG
billyjack2009 said:

I'm doing great! I've been back 100% for quite awhile now. Gaining my strength back in the gym as well. So thankful to be alive and with my family everyday. Grateful for everyone's thoughts and prayers back when this thread was busy busy. I know OP Rex Racer is doing well. Hopefully the other guys in here will chime in with an update. Merry Christmas everyone and hug your family every chance you get and let them know you love them.
Jbob04
AG
Matsui said:

Just popped positive
Vaccinated and boosted

Any symptoms?
01agtx
AG
Matsui said:

Just popped positive
Vaccinated and boosted

Early treatment is key
Matsui
AG
Yes.

Mild headache
Light fever
Massive body aches
Sinus issues

So far not have lost taste or smell
Aston94
AG
I would get the antibody infusion if for no other reason than it speeds up your quarantine so you can hopefully be negative before Christmas.
Matsui
AG
I can't find one. I'm in ft worth and need a referral. I'm all for it.
curry97
AG
billyjack2009 said:

I am doing great. Thanks for asking. The real test of how I was doing was when I had to mow the yard last month and load/unload a cord of firewood.

Only issue is that my wife popped positive last week. She was having sinus issues and a low grade fever. She thought it was seasonal crap but decided to do a rapid test at home since she would have to test at work due to her symptoms. She got an infusion the next day at St. Joe's in CS. She is doing well but has to quarantine for a few more days.

I had to quarantine also for 7 days since I was exposed and not vaccinated. If I was vaccinated, I could have returned to work right away. Crazy BS if you ask me. But I am glad to be home with her to take care of her as needed. I have cooked more in the past week than I had the previous 3 months. Lol.

I am blessed and thankful every day for all of the prayers for myself and my family.
curry97
AG
So glad to hear that you and Rex are doing well.

Merry Christmas.
curry97
AG
Hope you get to feeling better quickly. Prayers sent your way.
Aston94
AG
I live near Ft Worth and have had friends getting infusion in medical center at medical plaza. They were referred by their pcp. If you have a pcp call tomorrow morning.
Matsui
AG
Unfortunately I don't have a pcp so I'm kind of stuck. If any suggestions I'm open to it
Mark Fairchild
AG
Email Reveille and see if he can help you. Very top of this Forum. Hope he can help you.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Aston94
AG
Yeah, email or call Reveille in the morning. He has served as a pcp for many on here.
Matsui
AG
Perfect thank you! I've eMailed and will dial tomorrow
Jbob04
AG
curry97 said:

So glad to hear that you and Rex are doing well.

Merry Christmas.

Merry Christmas Curry. Happy you are doing well and I pray your wife gets well and I'm glad she isn't having a bad case like we did.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.