Just tested positive

127,630 Views | 871 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Jbob04
Rex Racer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just tested positive for the 'Rona. They count today as day 2 since my symptoms started last night.

So far VERY mild and infrequent cough, and temp as high as 99.3. I still have taste and smell so far.
agsalaska
AG
Were you vaccinated?
Dan Scott
AG
Hope you feel better. What prompted you to get tested? The symptoms you described aren't alarming.
Rex Racer
AG
agsalaska said:

Were you vaccinated?
No.
Rex Racer
AG
Dan Scott said:

Hope you feel better. What prompted you to get tested? The symptoms you described aren't alarming.

Just out of an abundance of caution. Didn't want to take it into the office on Monday.
Charpie
AG
Keep hydrated. Keep us updated and GET BETTER DUDE
Spore Ag
Just me but double up on supplements like Zn, C and D3.
88planoAg
AG
megadose vitamin D

get a pulse ox, keep an eye on your o2

look at Rev's supplements, take those
Rex Racer
AG
88planoAg said:

megadose vitamin D

I bought Rev's list about two weeks ago, just in case. Although I have been taking COQ-10 and D3 for years.
AggieUSMC
AG
Stay hydrated. Not just water. Use gatorade/powerade for electrolytes. Vitamin C chewables 2x a day. Get plenty of rest but don't be a couch potato. Try your best to get a good night's sleep every night.
TAMUallen
AG
Ivermectin asap
2girlsdad
I'm on day 2 of getting the JJ vaccine ( after seeing how things are going at work). I feel a smidge worse than I did on day 2 of the actual Rona.
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Get to feeling better soon.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Cepe
AG
88planoAg said:

megadose vitamin D

And get sunlight.

Vitamin D alone may not help by itself. You need the sulfated version which can only be obtained through exposure to sumlight.

Dr Seneff at MIT has written extensively on this topic for numerous conditions and I believe covid fits as well.

People need to get outside and get the healing power of a little bit of sun and avoid sunscreens that stop the D from being sulfated.

https://people.csail.mit.edu/seneff/sulfur_obesity_alzheimers_muscle_wasting.html

Quote:

The skin produces vitamin D3 sulfate upon exposure to sunlight, and the vitamin D3 found in breast milk is also sulfated. In light of these facts, it is quite surprising to me that so little research has been directed towards understanding what role sulfated vitamin D3 plays in the body. It is recently becoming apparent that vitamin D3 promotes a strong immune system and offers protection against cancer, yet how it achieves these benefits is not at all clear. I strongly suspect that it is vitamin D3 sulfate that carries out this aspect of vitamin D3's positive influence.

Even if sick people should try to get exposure to sunlight rather than lay in bed. 20 minutes is enough IMO.

Another good discussion:

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-topics/sunlight-and-vitamin-d-theyre-not-the-same-thing/

Quote:

ARTICLE SUMMARY
Sulfate synthesis in the skin captures the sun's energy. Adequate sunlight exposure to both the skin and the eyes is vital to our long-term health.
Among other functions, sulfate supports blood vessel health, the body's electrical supply and the delivery system for important molecules such as cholesterol, vitamin D, dopamine and melatonin.
Evidence indicates that sunlight protects against cancer, heart disease, hypertension and bone fractures.
The benefits of sunlight exposure are about much more than vitamin D.
Many studies show that vitamin D supplementation cannot reproduce sunlight's health benefits. Moreover, excessive vitamin D supplementation can aggravate systemic sulfate deficiency, which will drive calcium buildup in the arteries.
Both sunscreen and glyphosate interfere with synthesis and production of melaninthe body's natural mechanism of sun protection. Aluminum in sunscreen disrupts sulfate synthesis. These disruptions may explain why melanoma prevalence has steadily risen in tandem with the increased use of higher sun-protection-factor sunscreens over the past two decades.

Kyle Field Shade Chaser
AG
1st time ?
Rex Racer
AG
Motracicletraficificker said:

1st time ?

Yes, this is my first time having COVID. My case is still very mild. Highest fever has been 99.6, and my coughing has been fairly mild, as well. No loss of taste or smell. My viral load must be pretty low.
cowenlaw
AG
Praying that your symptoms remain mild.
Rex Racer
AG
Coughing has really picked up in the morning. Saps my energy. Still haven't lost taste or smell. Fever has gone as high as 101 a couple of times, but Tylenol brings it down.
czechy91
AG
Sounds like you are fighting it. Remember to get up and keep moving as best you can, you don't want pneumonia to set in. Consider getting a pulse-ox to monitor O2 levels and if you have any risk factors it couldn't hurt to talk to a doctor about monoclonal antibodies. Just my friendly advice.
Rex Racer
AG
czechy91 said:

Sounds like you are fighting it. Remember to get up and keep moving as best you can, you don't want pneumonia to set in. Consider getting a pulse-ox to monitor O2 levels and if you have any risk factors it couldn't hurt to talk to a doctor about monoclonal antibodies. Just my friendly advice.

I have a pulse ox. Thanks.
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
IVERMECTIN

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
Rex Racer
AG
Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness.
Zobel
AG
Prediction: full recovery.
Duncan Idaho
Zobel said:

He Took ivermectin 7days after exhibiting symptoms...when it starts clearing up tomorrow (more than a week after symptoms started) it will totally be causation and not correlation.
Rex Racer
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Zobel said:

He Took ivermectin 7days after exhibiting symptoms...when it starts clearing up tomorrow (more than a week after symptoms started) it will totally be causation and not correlation.

Except it hasn't started clearing up.
Charpie
sweet00
Duncan Idaho
I am honestly very sorry to hear that. I had hoped it would.
Another Doug
AG
Rex Racer said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Zobel said:

Sucks man. Get better, people here are praying for you. Even if it doesn't help you, it doesn't hurt and at least you don't have to worry about covid AND pinworms.
Rex Racer
AG
Another Doug said:

Rex Racer said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Zobel said:

Sucks man. Get better, people here are praying for you. Even if it doesn't help you, it doesn't hurt and at least you don't have to worry about covid AND pinworms.

Indeed!
bay fan
S
Another Doug said:

Rex Racer said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Zobel said:

snowdog90
Rex Racer said:

Just took my first dose of ivermectin! I will report here on its effectiveness.

Ivermectin works better the earlier you take it. Please keep us updated, hope you are getting better. Hang in there.
Rex Racer
AG
My blood oxygen was 71 this morning, so I came to Caprock Hospital. They got me right in, and got my oxygen numbers back up to 93. Just finished Remdesivir IV treatment, as well. They expect me to be here for 2 days or so.
billyjack2009
Yikes. Hang in there!
Zobel
AG
Dang man prayers assured. I feel bad for being a smart Alec before. Recover quick!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.