Well I got it ........

21,126 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AgLiving06
ktc83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Marcus, How are you doing?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Fair. Fatigue. Taste smell gone.
Reveille
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Glad you are doing ok!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigtruckguy3500
Marcus Aurelius said:

What day of symptoms are you? What day did the anosmia start?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
7. Anosmia and ageusia started day 5.
aggieduke
AG
You got this!!!
Philippians 4:13
Captain Pablo
AG
Tabasco said:

Muy said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

From the hospital pts I've taken care of, day 7 or so seems to be the time when you either improve or worsening respiratory status occurs. A sentinel time during the illness.

Hope you recover quickly. Just a. Data point, but day 11 I went to the ER and diagnosed with pneumonia from the Covid. Steroids and antibiotics while in the hospital for a week, oxygen (have a system at home I use for sleep), blood thinner as they found a clot behind my right knee (still on those for a month at least), and a cough medicine. Got out of the hospital almost 2 weeks ago, walking a little bit daily, but no way could I go do some heavy cardio workout.
Dang, you were in the hospital for a week?

There are people who are in the hospital for 4-6 weeks

Things can go south in a hurry
culdeus
AG
Please keep us updated. You've been an inspiration thru this thing. I've spent most of the whole time sitting on my ass aty desk and hoping this would end. Those fighting this have my everlasting respect.

I've got no real way to help you except if you need some recs on netflix or any other streaming.
Muy
AG
Tabasco said:

Muy said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

From the hospital pts I've taken care of, day 7 or so seems to be the time when you either improve or worsening respiratory status occurs. A sentinel time during the illness.

Hope you recover quickly. Just a. Data point, but day 11 I went to the ER and diagnosed with pneumonia from the Covid. Steroids and antibiotics while in the hospital for a week, oxygen (have a system at home I use for sleep), blood thinner as they found a clot behind my right knee (still on those for a month at least), and a cough medicine. Got out of the hospital almost 2 weeks ago, walking a little bit daily, but no way could I go do some heavy cardio workout.
Dang, you were in the hospital for a week?

Yes, it sucked.
Aust Ag
AG
Probably a little scary too. No guarantees you leave.
milkman00
AG
Praying you continue to improve. Appreciate all the medical updates from you and others on here.

Muy
AG
Aust Ag said:

That's what got in my brain, especially when I had 2-3 days of still having a 101-103 fever and the pneumonia. Told my wife and parents I love them one night, wasn't feeling like I was going to wake up the next morning. Probably dramatic but things just felt like they was getting worse, and later my doc told me he was real concerned then as all my numbers were getting worse fast. Thanked him for not telling me at the time as I was effed up thinking this could be it.
PJYoung
AG
Muy said:

Aust Ag said:

That's what got in my brain, especially when I had 2-3 days of still having a 101-103 fever and the pneumonia. Told my wife and parents I love them one night, wasn't feeling like I was going to wake up the next morning. Probably dramatic but things just felt like they was getting worse, and later my doc told me he was real concerned then as all my numbers were getting worse fast. Thanked him for not telling me at the time as I was effed up thinking this could be it.

Glad you're still with us Muy!
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Tested neg. Other than taste and smell I'm ok. Going back to work soon later this week.
HotardAg07
AG
Good to hear!
Beat40
Marcus Aurelius said:

Tested neg. Other than taste and smell I'm ok. Going back to work soon later this week.

Awesome! So glad to hear!
KidDoc
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCOBQ98
AG
Huh? I thought the latest recommendation was not to get retested if you've already tested positive and have it because you can shed non-viable virus cells for up to 90 days?
A1_Ag_95
AG
BCOBQ98 said:

Huh? I thought the latest recommendation was not to get retested if you've already tested positive and have it because you can shed non-viable virus cells for up to 90 days?
I know for my place of employment, kids schools and work, they require a negative test to be able to return if you have tested positive. I don't plan on waiting 90 days!!
plain_o_llama
Glad you are getting past this Marcus. Anything surprise you or stand out about your disease experience?
PlanoAg79
Tabasco
AG
Muy said:

Aust Ag said:

Damn!

Age and any comorbid health symptoms if you are willing to share?
2girlsdad
Lucky! On day 15 after having symptoms my PCR still came back positive. The doc said a high percentage of people test positive on PCR for 6-8 weeks after bc they are testing for the RNA and the dead virus can be in your sinuses for a while. The CDC even states you can test positive for months. My job won't let me back until I get a negative PCR independent of how long removed I am from symptoms.
A1_Ag_95
AG
2girlsdad said:

My job won't let me back until I get a negative PCR independent of how long removed I am from symptoms.
wow.... All I need is a negative test. No requirement of PCR.
2girlsdad
Yea...they changed it from rapid to PCR requirement a month ago.
ktc83
AG
Great news Doc! Hope the taste and smell come back soon.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
plain_o_llama said:

Glad you are getting past this Marcus. Anything surprise you or stand out about your disease experience?
Not really....
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

Good news. Glad you are well
Jim Rockford
Good to hear!
culdeus
AG
plain_o_llama said:

Gonna go out in a limb and say at this point doubt anything about this shocks him.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

plain_o_llama said:

Not really....

No bat superpowers?
cavscout96
AG
Shai-Hulud said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

plain_o_llama said:

Not really....

No bat superpowers?
the bat guy doesn't have superpowers... he's just right and has lots of cool toys.
AgLiving06
Man-Bat would like to have a few words with you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.