We should be pushing for procedure mask compliance in public spaces

26,176 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Year of the Germaphobe
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
#Baller
HotardAg07
AG
Aust Ag
AG

Where's Crown Royal bag on that list?
cone
AG

it's happening
Signel
AG
i've never understood the taboo... its a fuggin mask. Who cares??? Put one on, don't die.
3rd Generation Ag
AG
Unless it was an April Fool joke, Laredo is going to require masks.
jbryan10
AG
aggie-beta said:

I think we just need someone to make masks cool.

Cool masks already exist. It's of course too late, but vogmask.com has a lot of cool designs
ELGINAG
AG
this site has a make your own no sew instructional.

http://blog.japanesecreations.com/no-sew-face-mask-with-handkerchief-and-hair-tie?fbclid=IwAR2UDUVRt6yFvw4WcFVSB1_fu1Ty9H34ltA4TajqmFLbSgYPGh4CVHIZFYo

i think you need something a little easier on ears than hair ties.
Rapier108
3rd Generation Ag said:

Unless it was an April Fool joke, Laredo is going to require masks.
Which might not be allowed since the governor's EO said the cities cannot place additional restrictions.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Duncan Idaho
Texas fascination with Goldilocks government.
Local government is too small.
Federal government is too big.

State government is just right.

If a local city wants to force masks, let them. Hell encourage them.
McInnis 03
AG
CDC now says cloth facial coverings are a voluntary recommendation
Ranger222
AG
I think about this thread often
cone
Woods Ag
AG
Masks still not working...
Jock 07
AG
cone said:

this is the hill I will die on

there's no reason why we shouldn't be wearing cheap procedure masks in public

we must break this taboo

people can refer to South Korea, but what's up with Japan? Hygiene and masks.

This certainly didn't age well
FriscoKid
AG
As someone that made one of the worst calls ever on this site (Speaking of myself). Sometimes you just have to admit defeat.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2935679/replies/51303611
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
coolerguy12
AG
Signel said:

i've never understood the taboo... its a fuggin mask. Who cares??? Put one on, don't die.

Lol. I didn't die.

Great thread bump.
texsn95
AG
cone
TheMasterplan
Cone had the humility and independent thought to realize masks were BS.

His motto was "cant hurt, might help" after awhile.

I also at the beginning thought masks might work but when the data came out showing it did nothing - I changed my mind. I also didn't like the government mandating masks without clear evidence of them working.
Capitol Ag
AG
TheMasterplan said:

Cone had the humility and independent thought to realize masks were BS.

His motto was "cant hurt, might help" after awhile.

I also at the beginning thought masks might work but when the data came out showing it did nothing - I changed my mind. I also didn't like the government mandating masks without clear evidence of them working.
Agree. Back when there wasn't a vaccine, maybe it could have helped. Not one conclusive study has shown that it did though. And when basically most just reused masks and/or used inferior useless face coverings to begin with? The fact is the masking push just wasn't worth all the issues that lead to the Pandora's box that was opened with it. I still am convinced that the vast majority of those still wearing masks in public do not need them at all. These people are very likely vaccinated in the first place. Maybe they are just trying to tell the world they still feel the pandemic is not over, maybe they are misinformed and just scared. Don't know. But it will be a better world, in my mind and even while the virus is still out there, when most masks disappear except for just those that are very immunocompromised and maybe (really a BIG maybe) those who are in a lot of close contact with a very comorbid/immunocompromised individual (one who even the vaccine won't keep from dying or can't take the vaccine for whatever reason-again these are very rare situations).

Guys, it's time to burn these damn masks. If you want a solution, get the vaccine, just keep it a choice (and if you choose to mask, fine. Only support keeping it a choice too).
TarponChaser

My orthopedic surgeon wears a mask and so does his staff but it's pretty clear they're only doing it to comply with corporate mandates as they're part of the UT Health system because they're all wearing them below their nose and pulling them down and don't require patients to wear them.

I've also been seeing an endocrinologist/wellness doc to help with weight loss and monitor the health concerns for an almost 45-year old dude (cholesterol- good to great, blood sugar- a whole lot better than it was a year ago) and he and his staff aren't doing masks. Although, I'm told that they will mask up when a patient whom they know has immune issues or the like is being seen. Had to go get blood drawn for the periodic testing yesterday and the lab is in a Memorial Herman building- masks required but I didn't wear one and nobody said anything until the lady in the lab who was taking my blood asked me to put on on. Given the fact she would be jabbing a needle into my vein I want along with it and resisted asking why I needed one since I'm vaccinated and she was wearing a mask.
cc_ag92
AG
Why do they wear masks for people with immune issues?
Bucketrunner
Theatre. It's all theatre.
Year of the Germaphobe
AG
DTP02 said:

I really feel like widespread adoption and availability of surgical type masks is a huge missing piece in this for getting things under control and some semblance of normalcy back.

You "felt" wrong...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.