*** 2025 Aggie Softball Season Thread ***

27,443 Views | 164 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by Boozer92
frankie00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
COLLEGE STATION, Texas (KBTX) - Emma Ford, daughter of Texas A&M head softball coach Trisha Ford, has committed to play softball at Clemson.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/09/24/emma-ford-daughter-trisha-ford-commits-clemson-softball-program/

Good for her !!
Wooahhhh
AG
I bet we see Clemson on the OOC schedule in the next 4 years.
MSTC Man
AG
Wooahhhh said:

I bet we see Clemson on the OOC schedule in the next 4 years.

I have thought the same thing. I hope we do. It would be great to see Emma play here.
SeenNotHeard
AG
Boozer92
AG
Roster is posted

https://12thman.com/sports/softball/roster
frankie00
Boozer92 said:

Roster is posted

https://12thman.com/sports/softball/roster
Great news, thanks for posting!

I have looked every couple of days for many weeks but you beat me to it - great catch!

Almost got to the point where I was going to e-mail someone at 12thman.com softball and ask!
frankie00
Something I thought about all summer - would Reagan get a redshirt for last year.

Roster lists her as a Sophomore. She was in for only an inning or two. One ball hit to her at third and she threw out the runner at first. Not a single AB. Burned a whole year of eligibility for that. Frickin' NCAA rules.
Boozer92
AG
EDIT: This post is incorrect. Softball rule is no games

She should still be a freshman. Appeared in nowhere near 20% of games. Sometimes official rosters catch up with that on the back end
Boozer92
AG
All players will have something to prove in the fall. This roster is probably down 5-6 players by spring. Competition is a good thing. Lots of capable candidates
hipnix
Boozer92 said:

She should still be a freshman. Appeared in nowhere near 20% of games. Sometimes official rosters catch up with that on the back end
20% is only for football and wrestling

Quote:

In one of the more notable potential changes, athletes in all sports could participate in up to a certain amount of contests during a sports season while still using their redshirt. Such a policy is only currently permitted in football and wrestling. In football, for instance, a player can play in up to four regular-season games and still use his redshirt season (the NCAA recently updated this rule to exempt all postseason competition from the four-game policy).

Such a rule has not existed for sports like basketball, baseball and all others aside from wrestling. If the policy is changed, sport-specific NCAA committees will be tasked with determining how many contests a player in each sport can participate in before a year of eligibility is exhausted. In the NCAA documents, an example is offered of 30%, a similar figure used in football.

https://sports.yahoo.com/docs-ncaa-considering-applying-football-redshirt-rule-to-athletes-in-all-sports-154903963.html
Boozer92
AG
Thanks for the correction
greg.w.h
AG
From the article:

"While expected given the arrival of athlete revenue sharing next year, the changes under consideration are historic and significant in nature the latest steps in college sports' evolution away from the amateurism model that has cost it billions in legal losses."
Boozer92
AG
Season ticket price increase not as much as I feared it would be. Not nearly as much as baseball went up

https://12thman.com/news/2024/10/3/general-athletics-invests-in-future-with-ticket-price-adjustments-for-spring-sports
frankie00
First game of Fall this Saturday at 1:00. Anyone going to the game? Out of staters like me would love to get live updates during the game. Or even a writeup after the game. Lineups, stats, etc. Experienced transfers will probably see a lot of time at catcher and first and perhaps Amari at second (who after Amari? Lot of choices!) but wondering who gets playing time in outfield to replace Jaz - also a lot of choices! Does Allie or Kramer move over to center or do they stay in right and left? So many questions!

Thanks!
B$Weigem
AG
Harper. Lf
Enright. Cf
Eschett. Rf

Perez 3
Dementia. 4.
Johnson 2.
Woolley 6.
Powell 5
Kennedy. 1
B$Weigem
AG
0-0 after 1.

Barbara playing 3 in top of 2nd
frankie00
Out of state Ags appreciate the line up - thank you !!
greg.w.h
AG
In-state ones, too!!
greg.w.h
AG
Dement btw…
frankie00
greg.w.h said:

In-state ones, too!!
You got me there, Ag - Gig 'Em !!
B$Weigem
AG
Enright double scores 1. Prior 2 walked.
B$Weigem
AG
3 walks. Kylie Griffey designated player single. scores 2. 3-0. No outs. Bottom of 2
frankie00
Griffin did not get a lot of playing time and had a low BA last year when she did bat so good for her !!!
B$Weigem
AG
5-0 end of 2
B$Weigem
AG
Grace sparks pitching top of 3.
B$Weigem
AG
1k. 1 bb. No runs top 3
frankie00
Outstanding reporting, B$Weigem, thank you again !!!!
B$Weigem
AG
Sparks 3 k in top of 4
B$Weigem
AG
20-0. End of 4.
Difficult to hit since blinn pitchers didn't throw many strikes.
Barbar hit 3 run hr.
B$Weigem
AG
Deedee Baldwin catching

Sidne Peters pitching
Ag4eva95
I'm excited for this combo!
B$Weigem
AG
3k by Sidne in top 5.
B$Weigem
AG
23-0. End of 5.

I'm going to watch football.

Summary - more depth, especially pitching. Concerned about lack of pop in bats but we will see the young players look like players.
Bucketrunner
Hope we look this good against the tu witches next Friday
greg.w.h
AG
Fall ball. Lots to work on especially for incoming players. This coach coaches up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.