Countdown to Aggie Baseball 2025

82,986 Views | 915 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by aggiewilliford
greg.w.h
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speed limit is 85mph. So not an autobahn with no posted speed limit…or a Saudi highway at 160kmh/100mph.
trouble
AG
It became a toll road while I was still living there. First couple of years, almost zero cops. It was wild and fast out there
tamc93
AG
trouble said:

It became a toll road while I was still living there. First couple of years, almost zero cops. It was wild and fast out there
Kind of still is...just a few more occasional cops. There were several places where hogs/deer crossed for years and they had numerous accidents. The crappy soils south of Lockhart also made for some "great jumps at 90+MPH" until they fixed them.

I pay my fair share when I head south to avoid I-35
dabo man
AG
Texas County Courthouses:
129 Kaufman County, Kaufman, Texas

aggiewilliford
Days Left: 129
The Padgitt Family Contribution to the History of the Swiss Avenue Historical District:

J. D. Padgitt was the co-founder of Padgitt Brothers Manufacturing Company, the largest wholesale saddle manufacturer in America. He was also instrumental in organizing The State Fair of Texas. His family's presence on Swiss Avenue was not quite as prolific as was the Higginbothams, but it was significant, nonetheless. Mr. Padgitt built three impressive homes on the street. In 1912, he built a classic Prairie Style home at 4933 Swiss for his daughter. Five years later, he built his own High Prairie Style mansion at 4937 Swiss, designed by architect Charles P. Sites. And that same year, he built the Italian Renaissance Style home at 5421 Swiss, designed by famed architect Hal Thomson, as a wedding gift for his son, J. Durell Padgitt and J. Durell's wife, Mai Blanche.
Due to his expertise as a major leather-goods manufacturer, Mr. Padgitt designed and patented a medical saddle bag for use by the British and American Army during World War I. His contributions to the Allied war effort resulted in Mr. Padgitt receiving death threats from German sympathizers, which he ignored. The threats culminated in saboteurs posing as coal delivery men and dropping explosives through the coal chute in the basement of his home on Swiss Avenue. The saboteurs were spotted and apprehended a few blocks away and the plan was scuttled before the explosives could be detonated.

Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
aggiewilliford
You Had One Job 129
This restroom presents one with all sorts of logistical problems...
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.