SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,808 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
annie88 said:

barbacoa taco said:

barbacoa taco said:

God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."
well i look pretty stupid now
The thing is he didn't slam the door. He just got indignant and said he had planned for this to be his last job. He truly never said no. I thought he was probably staying too but seriously there's the door dude don't let it hit you in your giant ass.

**** you schloss
annie88
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

I am so sick and tired of supporting this university's athletic programs with my time energy and money only to be kicked in the nuts again and again.
I don't believe this is on the athletic program though. This is primarily on Schloss. He knew he was dealing this for a while. at that point, all our people could do is offer him what they could. Which apparently wasn't enough. Seriously don't let this dim your support for our athletes.
TecRecAg
AG
Paging everyone that said I didn't know anything about 9 this morning
IslanderAg04
Can we delete this ****ing thread!
annie88
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yesterday. Jace was imploring transfers to.come to Texas am, how great it is and so forth.

I'll bet you he's finding out like the rest of us
If you go watch the TexAgs video on instagram when they arrive back at campus they are very upset. Initially, I thought it was because of the loss but now I think it was much more.
annie88
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Can we delete this ****ing thread!
Why? People have a right to vent.
TexMexAggie1
AG
2thFixinAg
Be interesting to see if it comes down to we couldn't match the dollars. The Jimbo mess is a pretty heavy anchor on the budget.
tandy miller
AG
Schloss showed his true colors?

GOOD

BTHO SCHLOSS
FJB
Ags2013
AG
2thFixinAg said:

Be interesting to see if it comes down to we couldn't match the dollars. The Jimbo mess is a pretty heavy anchor on the budget.

He wants to work for his friend. Well **** him
fightingfarmer09
Ags2013 said:

2thFixinAg said:

His friend will be gone after 1-2 bad seasons in the SEC.
tandy miller
AG
45-70Ag said:

The only way this sucks more is winning last night and he leaves. That clown had no desire for A&M to advance.

How the **** is winning a title worse than not
FJB
histag10
AG
I genuinely wish they didn't let his lying ass fly back with the team. Who knows the damage he did on that flight paid for by TAMU.
StinkyPinky said:

I wasn't going to comment on it last night because I wasn't going to add any unnecessary fuel to the fire with zero basis. But I winder what Schloss told the team before the game because they were noticeably flat and void of any energy for a team that was playing for the Natty (and in contrast to their demeanor for games 1 and 2. I had this very weird feeling by the lack of energy, smiles, excitement at the Hotel send-off. Again in stark contrast compared to the two night before where they were all smiles and enthusiasm. I just chalked it up to and convene myself "they were focused", but doesn't explain the other games. Go back and watch the video and you'll see what I mean. And then once they were on the field, I saw little emotion and enthusiasm. May just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I saw it as a big red flag that scared the hell out of me. Was so relieved during the post game presser, but I guess that's what I get for being naive. This sucks. But we move on.

Edit: I really hope I'm imaging this, because if Schloss did tell the team in some form, well he stole the moment from them and thats unforgivable.

Bear Bryant did it to a possible NC team in 1957.
ChubbyHubby
barbacoa taco said:

barbacoa taco said:

God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."
well i look pretty stupid now

When coaches avoid flat out saying "I'm not leaving" then you really can't trust them
Ag CPA
AG
2thFixinAg said:

It would be classic A&M if we couldn't keep our CWS finalist coach because of Jimbo.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Ags2013 said:

2thFixinAg said:

It is not just that. What is being thrown out there is as the offer was like $10 years $35 million. Which completely demolishes if true the existing college baseball coach pay scale.
sharpdressedman
From the post game presser:

Q: With respect to the difficult outcome tonight but with the rumors circulating today about a specific job opening, what do you have to say about your future in Aggieland?

Schlossnagle: "I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you. But I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind.

I cannot comprehend the level of dishonesty necessary for Schloss to make this statement and then leave, almost immediately, for the tu job. He is a despicable liar, now exposed for all to see. We will be much better being rid of him.

tandy miller
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Ags2013 said:

2thFixinAg said:

That could be a while.

Hopefully we can keep wiener
FJB
ChubbyHubby
2thFixinAg said:

This was not just about money I can tell you that
aggiewilliford
annie88 said:

aggiewilliford said:

I only care about the boys whome I love and the next coach building the monster that's is aggie baseball!
Me too. For those that stay here and those that come here, I welcome you. For those that feel they need to follow the coach that's their choice too, but we don't have to worry about them anymore.

I'm looking forward to next season. I'm also looking forward to football.

Amen Annie
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
General Jack D. Ripper
sharpdressedman said:

Q: With respect to the difficult outcome tonight but with the rumors circulating today about a specific job opening, what do you have to say about your future in Aggieland?

Schlossnagle: "I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you. But I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind.

I cannot comprehend the level of dishonesty necessary for Schloss to make this statement and then leave, almost immediately, for the tu job. He is a despicable liar, now exposed for all to see. We will be much better being rid of him.

That quote is ****ing unreal. It was a blatant lie
There was this one time at ban camp…
rgag12
AG
tandy miller said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Ags2013 said:

2thFixinAg said:

That could be a while.

Wiener is gone. The whole staff is leaving and getting raises
Who?mikejones!
Someone was selfish and it sure wasn't zane
swimmerbabe11
I do know that his previous players aren't exactly writing him love letters.
htxag09
AG
ChubbyHubby said:

2thFixinAg said:

This was not just about money I can tell you that

Are you referring to his fianc or something else?
tandy miller
AG
rgag12 said:

tandy miller said:

fightingfarmer09 said:

Ags2013 said:

2thFixinAg said:

That could be a while.

Wiener is gone. The whole staff is leaving and getting raises

Sweet
FJB
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Nobody should feel bad about being caught off guard here - coaches lie and are 2nd only to politicians in saying things that placate people while still leaving themselves openings.

I just think that in the future, people shouldn't be so quick to assume coaches are looking out for Texas A&M. No question, unless it is out of bounds for personal reasons, should draw the kind of ire that some on this board had last night. You were misunderstanding which person in that conversation actually gave a **** about Texas A&M, the school, vs exclusively the baseball team.

It is what it is. We move on.

Again, if the numbers are remotely close to right, it's a far better decision to let him go than to tie another albatross of a contract around our neck, right after paying to remove our last one.
rgag12
AG
General Jack D. Ripper said:

sharpdressedman said:

That quote is ****ing unreal. It was a blatant lie

He said that knowing he already inked the deal and had discussions with all his staff about moving. Crazy
histag10
AG
Unless we have a former student, never assume they are looking out for TAMU.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Ag CPA said:

2thFixinAg said:

It would be classic A&M if we couldn't keep our CWS finalist coach because of Jimbo.

It would be classic A&M to overpay a guy for a 2nd place finish right after we finally paid off the last guy we overpaid for a really high finish. If we lost him for a small raise or due to not giving him resources he needs, fine - have at it. If we lost him because we wouldn't double his salary, then so be it.
PLUM LOCO
AG
annie88 said:

PLUM LOCO said:

I am so sick and tired of supporting this university's athletic programs with my time energy and money only to be kicked in the nuts again and again.
I don't believe this is on the athletic program though. This is primarily on Schloss. He knew he was dealing this for a while. at that point, all our people could do is offer him what they could. Which apparently wasn't enough. Seriously don't let this dim your support for our athletes.

I have nothing but respect for the individuals that choose to attend. My anger is with Sharp and his team.
annie88
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Someone was selfish and it sure wasn't zane
This.
The Porkchop Express
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

That reporter was smart to ask the question to get a baseline answer, because if the coach does leave, well now it's a bigger story.

Ags2013
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Ag CPA said:

2thFixinAg said:

It would be classic A&M to overpay a guy for a 2nd place finish right after we finally paid off the last guy we overpaid for a really high finish. If we lost him for a small raise or due to not giving him resources he needs, fine - have at it. If we lost him because we wouldn't double his salary, then so be it.

There's no way we wouldn't have matched. He is going where he wants to be. ****inh traitor didn't even want to win yesterday

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.