SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,815 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
One Louder
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
And he's taking Jace, Sorrel and Kent?
histag10
AG
May he have the same success and career trajectory of every texas coach of the past decade.

Hoping the loss of integrity is enough to keep the players around.
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

Hmm

Maybe he is thinking about leaving. I agree with sincereAg his praise of the 12th man and our fans the past few weeks has been a lot. I'm trying to remember if this is consistent with how he's acted all three years. I'm probably over analyzing it right now. But if his praise the last month is a lot more than the past, that might mean he's leaving. He's over doing it with the praise bc he's feeling a little guilty about leaving.

I hope I'm off on this train of thought but if I'm not. It is what it is.
You literally said last nite he is 100% staying.

You pretty much ripped anyone who even suggested he could leave.

45-70Ag
AG
The only way this sucks more is winning last night and he leaves. That clown had no desire for A&M to advance.
WestTexAg12
AG
One Louder said:

And he's taking Jace, Sorrel and Kent?

Nobody knows any of those details
Texas A&M
Texas A&M said:

Jugstore Cowboy said:

Props to Zane for doing his job and getting the quote.

Absolute BS for Schloss to rant about "leaving his family" last night, when he was all ready to leave A&M.
Schloss showed his true colors last night and today. Efff him.
Just because I want it on the next page.
Who?mikejones!
histag10 said:

May he have the same success and career trajectory of every texas coach of the past decade.

SECTAMU#1
Had been hearing the rumors of Schloss going to tu since the Super Regionals. Now the truth is out there.
Who?mikejones!
histag10 said:

Onionman
RED AG 98 said:

Onionman said:

RED AG 98 said:

I ripped Zane here and premium. And I have apologized. Man was I wrong...
Not sure why so many of you jumped the gun.

I did not like the way he answered the question last night. All my fears are coming true, darn it.
I didn't jump the gun. I hated the timing of the question in what should have been an otherwise great moment in Aggie sports. I still do. This is worse though, and since Billy says he's known something was amiss back to Georgia series that makes it worse...
If you didn't jump the gun then why did you apologize to Zane?

Ag1188
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'll move on.

But, this really sucks for the players
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't like him that much. He always seems like a jerk.
barbacoa taco
AG
barbacoa taco said:

God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."
well i look pretty stupid now
Aggie Therapist
AG
Big_Russ said:

Gig'em coach.
jc1402
AG
WE6879 said:

Regardless of the outcome, I can't wait for Billy to post a story about half an hour after the news breaks talking about how he knew it was going down all along.

Right on cue! Billy knew since April! Laughable.
Hornbeck
AG
Yeah. Me too
PLUM LOCO
AG
I am so sick and tired of supporting this university's athletic programs with my time energy and money only to be kicked in the nuts again and again.
The Weast Side of Kyle
AG
Can I get a do-over on the title of this thread? This is sickening.
FriscoKid
AG
I'd prefer a coach that had an affair with his bat boys mom.

Write that.
aggiewilliford
I only care about the boys whome I love and the next coach building the monster that's is aggie baseball!
Gig Em Ags, God Bless Old Army and Marching in Behind the Band! Whooooopppp
Onionman
barbacoa taco said:

barbacoa taco said:

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."
Not picking on you but I couldn't understand why so many people thought that slammed the door on him leaving.

Most coaches not leaving wouldn't have gotten so angry at the question (regardless of timing).

But I still thought he might stay (60-40) so looks like I was not correct either.
DGrimesAg92
Guys, if this man would do this to a group of kids he claimed he was NEVER going to leave for, he's garbage.
annie88
AG
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Richard Zane just took a bullet for us by asking the question. Schloss was PISSED that his loyalty to A&M could even be questioned and stormed out of the press conference
Turns out that's not why he was pissed.
annie88
AG
DGrimesAg92 said:

Guys, if this man would do this to a group of kids he claimed he was NEVER going to leave for, he's garbage.
He would've been better off just saying he wasn't going to talk about that. Yes the speculation would've swirled, but to be that indignant and know he was lying to peoples faces. I lost what little respect for him I had as a person. He was a pretty good coach, but I never liked his personality all season.
htxag09
AG
Apparently he got into the face of Zane (within inches) and berated him and said he'd never talk to him again after the press conference last night.

Talk about being a little ***** and not being able to defend your own decisions if the talk of this being a month plus in the works are true.

Here's to hoping he disappears into oblivion.
annie88
AG
aggiewilliford said:

I only care about the boys whome I love and the next coach building the monster that's is aggie baseball!
Me too. For those that stay here and those that come here, I welcome you. For those that feel they need to follow the coach that's their choice too, but we don't have to worry about them anymore.

I'm looking forward to next season. I'm also looking forward to football.
StinkyPinky
AG
I wasn't going to comment on it last night because I wasn't going to add any unnecessary fuel to the fire with zero basis. But I wonder what Schloss told the team before the game because they were noticeably flat and void of any energy for a team that was playing for the Natty (and in contrast to their demeanor for games 1 and 2). I had this very weird feeling by the lack of energy, smiles, excitement at the Hotel send-off. Again in stark contrast compared to the two night before where they were all smiles and enthusiasm. I just chalked it up to and convinced myself "they were focused", but doesn't explain the other games. Go back and watch the video and you'll see what I mean. And then once they were on the field, I saw little emotion and enthusiasm. May just be my mind playing tricks on me, but I saw it as a big red flag that scared the hell out of me. Was so relieved during the post game presser, but I guess that's what I get for being naive. This sucks. But we move on.

Edit: I really hope I'm imaging this, because if Schloss did tell the team in some form, well he stole the moment from them and thats unforgivable.
BadAggie
AG
jc1402 said:

WE6879 said:

Regardless of the outcome, I can't wait for Billy to post a story about half an hour after the news breaks talking about how he knew it was going down all along.

Right on cue! Billy knew since April! Laughable.

RED AG 98
AG
Onionman said:

RED AG 98 said:

Onionman said:

RED AG 98 said:

I ripped Zane here and premium. And I have apologized. Man was I wrong...
Not sure why so many of you jumped the gun.

I did not like the way he answered the question last night. All my fears are coming true, darn it.
I didn't jump the gun. I hated the timing of the question in what should have been an otherwise great moment in Aggie sports. I still do. This is worse though, and since Billy says he's known something was amiss back to Georgia series that makes it worse...
If you didn't jump the gun then why did you apologize to Zane?

I don't know maybe just semantics here. I wouldn't describing it like that -- I apologized because I was wrong. Here's what I wrote:

Quote:

My sincere apologies to you Mr. Zane. I hated the question and thought it was in poor taste at that specific moment.

I didn't really entertain the possibility of this happening but clearly was 100% wrong on both accounts. Sincere apologies for asking a really tough question.
Onionman
Agreed.

He should have just said we just came off a heart breaking defeat and I don't want to discuss that right now. This moment is about the team.

Instead he gives a bunch of BS and storms off.

Just awful!
annie88
AG
barbacoa taco said:

barbacoa taco said:

The thing is he didn't slam the door. He just got indignant and said he had planned for this to be his last job. He truly never said no. I thought he was probably staying too but seriously there's the door dude don't let it hit you in your giant ass.
Who?mikejones!
Schloss didn't say **** and probably won't talk to the players
gabehcoud
Lemmys Rickenbacker said:

Aggies2009 said:

He didn't exactly say he was staying

That is pathetic if that is what you got from his answer
Onionman
Not trying to pick on you. We are all disappointed.

I thought the way he got so upset was unprofessional (regardless of the timing of the question) and it scared me that he was thinking about it.

Just stinks all around.
Pumpkinhead
AG
This is a wild turn. Not sure I have ever seen this sort of thing before. Maybe the closest was Beard leaving Texas Tech for Austin but in that case Beard was a horn alum.

Heard/read the contract offered is like 10 years $35 million which if true means he's the highest paid college baseball coach by a mile. I guess the AD relationship and money whip actually worked here. I guess the 'anything can happen in sports' applies here.

The negative unfortunately is this will probably taint a wonderful baseball season because many Aggie fans are going to view it in retrospect as being coached by a Benedict Arnold.
StinkyPinky
AG
Onionman said:

Agreed.

He should have just said we just came off a heart breaking defeat and I don't want to discuss that right now. This moment is about the team.

Instead he gives a bunch of BS and storms off.

Just awful!
I can't blame him for wanting the job, but I can absolutely blame him for how he handled it. Suck it sips, and your coach too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.