SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,779 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
well_endowed_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
powerbelly said:

well_endowed_ag said:

ftworthag02 said:

How much are we currently paying him?

I saw $1.4 million, which seems shockingly low.
It's top 5 for college baseball coaches. Corbin is top at $1.9MM.

I guess that makes sense since baseball isn't a big revenue generator, but it still seems low. With a CWS runner up finish, it seems like it would be no big deal to bump him up to like $2.4 million. How many times have we raised barely above-average football coaches of all levels hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars to keep them around? Give Schloss another million. If the sips want to just completely reset the entire college baseball market and pay him $3 million or more, then let them do it. They have far more money than we do after the Jimbo buyout. It is what it is.
Who?mikejones!
Someone leaving the athletic program
Ag1188
AG
Rduck said:

backintexas2013 said:

Oregon coach and possibly Kentucky
please don't take our coach
the 5-walks in a row guy, or the emotional Buzz-like guy?
Who?mikejones!
Yes.
tk for tu juan
Use the buy out money for two or three draftable starting pitchers next year.
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Who is this? And what's he's affiliation with A&M?

Per KBTX, Former Deputy Athletics Director, External Relations and Business Development. Part of the recent layoffs.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/23/several-staff-members-cut-am-athletic-department/
ftworthag02
AG
not to mention his wife
Who?mikejones!
That's what we were paying football coach just a decade ago
well_endowed_ag
Agthatbuilds said:

That's what we were paying football coach just a decade ago

Yeah well…inflation, bro
fav13andac1)c
AG
Who?mikejones!
Probably need to look into our recruits and see if they're saying anything
barbacoa taco
AG
I think it's safe to say at this point Zane has been vindicated for his question
Buford T. Justice
AG
If I were the TAMU Athletic Director, I would already have made a public statement about what is going on, and I would be completely transparent.
"Gimme a diablo sandwhich and a dr. pepper...to go"
Tex117
AG
cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

Good grief. LOL. What a ride.

I do hope he stays, but can understand why he would want the Texas job.

All things considered, they are better at baseball than football, and are in fact one of the few programs at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball. (Records and Championships don't lie).

A&M needs to find a whole bunch of money and give it to him. Football isn't the only sport that matters.
Wait, haven't we beaten tu , like 10 out of the last 11 times we've played them? Didn't we just come within 1 run of winning it all and they finished outside the top 40?

how can you "understand why he would want the tu job?"

Quote:

The Texas Longhorns are the winningest team in college baseball history with 77 conference championships, 35 College World series, 12 appearances to the Championship game, and 6 national champions (1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, 2005).
For this reason. Look, all I'm saying is that its a storied program (even more than football).
those stats are two - plus decades old
Well aware. I'm certainly not commenting on where the programs are currently...but if one looks at history...and if thats important to a coach (and the paycheck), it make sense.

Whether he wants to build something and be uniquely his own in College Station or be one of the others at Texas who did great things...don't know. Only he can answer that.
AggieArchitect04
AG
Thanks. Oof. All kinds of crap is popping up.
gigem92
AG
Detective Jake Peralta (great username by the way) beat me to it, so I will just add that I hated to see Chris let go. He is an awesome individual.

Slicer97
AG
cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

Good grief. LOL. What a ride.

I do hope he stays, but can understand why he would want the Texas job.

All things considered, they are better at baseball than football, and are in fact one of the few programs at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball. (Records and Championships don't lie).

A&M needs to find a whole bunch of money and give it to him. Football isn't the only sport that matters.
Wait, haven't we beaten tu , like 10 out of the last 11 times we've played them? Didn't we just come within 1 run of winning it all and they finished outside the top 40?

how can you "understand why he would want the tu job?"

Quote:

The Texas Longhorns are the winningest team in college baseball history with 77 conference championships, 35 College World series, 12 appearances to the Championship game, and 6 national champions (1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, 2005).
For this reason. Look, all I'm saying is that its a storied program (even more than football).
those stats are two - plus decades old

Exactly. It's the past. Has nothing to do with the current staff and roster. And even if they get Schloss, they're still getting a guy that hasn't won it yet, and will be going to a much less desirable location when it comes to facilities.
Who?mikejones!
Detective Jake Peralta said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Who is this? And what's he's affiliation with A&M?

Per KBTX, Former Deputy Athletics Director, External Relations and Business Development. Part of the recent layoffs.

https://www.kbtx.com/2024/04/23/several-staff-members-cut-am-athletic-department/

Username checks out
C@LAg
Buford T. Justice said:

If I were the TAMU Athletic Director, I would already have made a public statement about what is going on, and I would be completely transparent.
may be waiting for EOD to make any formal statement.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Zwennerman put out a mysterious tweet talking about that Chris Park guy, too, a few minutes ago.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
45-70Ag
AG
Nothing positive it seems about him staying.
BadAggie
AG
A&M's big coaching coup a few years back was hiring a coach who won a natty

sip potential big coaching coup would be hiring a coach who almost won a natty at A&M

outlawjw
Alberts playing the necessary hatchet man has not set well with some coaches.
Rduck
Ag1188 said:

Rduck said:

backintexas2013 said:

Oregon coach and possibly Kentucky
please don't take our coach
the 5-walks in a row guy, or the emotional Buzz-like guy?
5 walks

Oregons program has been horrible since it was reinstated* in 2009. Regardless of sitting in right field during those walks, we played well against y'all at Olson, and went to back to back Supers.

in other news, the Big10 isn't necessarily a baseball powerhouse, so It would be nice to keep some consistency heading in to a new conference
Sq 17
C@LAg said:

Buford T. Justice said:

may be waiting for EOD to make any formal statement.

Everybody knows what is going on tu is trying to punk us the same way punked Purple Baylor.

There will be an announcement when Schloss decides if he's staying or going
swimmerbabe11
Ag1188 said:

One Louder said:

One difference is over half the TCU fans were ready for him to be gone.

Can't leave your family if you already left them
Ag1188
AG
Yes, you might have better pitchers overall at oregon. Just a worse coach.
htxag09
AG
Doesn't his girlfriend/fiance/whatever live in Austin?
Ag1188
AG
Someone who can out-recruit Sips & hypocrite is who to hire.
Sq 17
Bringing his family into the reply to a legit question was an odd choice
wangus12
AG
BadAggie said:

A&M's big coaching coup a few years back was hiring a coach who won a natty

sip potential big coaching coup would be hiring a coach who almost won a natty at A&M

Well the big difference is Schloss seems to be pretty much universally praised whereas Jimbo already had a significant amount of detractors.
ChubbyHubby
This is unreal, losing a coach like this to that school is the stuff nightmares are made of
WE6879
Regardless of the outcome, I can't wait for Billy to post a story about half an hour after the news breaks talking about how he knew it was going down all along.
agcrock2005
AG
Definitely starting to think that this has been going on for a while and he might be gone. The weird "i might start to cry" comment when talking about the 12th man and last nights interview are a couple examples that stand out. Just my guess. Can't even believe we're talking about this.
DDowl44
AG
If Schloss leaves, it would show where his head might have been when it needed to be in the game instead. Frankly I'm good with promoting Cain, keeping the staff intact and saying Schloss can go to t.u. alone. Again that's if he leaves.
----------------------------------------------------
I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city
-Thermistocles

Titan 20 '09, EMPSA '20

OEF VET 2011-12, 13-14

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.