SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,798 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
cavscout96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tex117 said:

Good grief. LOL. What a ride.

I do hope he stays, but can understand why he would want the Texas job.

All things considered, they are better at baseball than football, and are in fact one of the few programs at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball. (Records and Championships don't lie).

A&M needs to find a whole bunch of money and give it to him. Football isn't the only sport that matters.
Wait, haven't we beaten tu , like 10 out of the last 11 times we've played them? Didn't we just come within 1 run of winning it all and they finished outside the top 40?

how can you "understand why he would want the tu job?"

t_J_e_C_x
AG
Who the hell is this???

C/O 2013 - Company E2
Ag1188
AG
Nate09 said:

PA24 said:

With the buyout money from the sips, give it all to the UT coach to come here…all of it plus.
Or go buyout Vic Schaefer's contract and bring him home where he belongs.
He thinks it's easier to recruit with their new arena too.
trouble
AG
Someone who wants clicks and followers
well_endowed_ag
ftworthag02 said:

How much are we currently paying him?

I saw $1.4 million, which seems shockingly low.
ChubbyHubby
Ag1188 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Trev might have also told him it's gonna take a little longer to build his baseball mecca

Trev has been going around saying College Sports Programs have a spending-problem. Austerity is not exactly encouraging.

And the horns are throwing around money like nobody else right now
Ag1188
AG
Just keep Max Weiner whatever we do. Schloss ain't it without him.
westeroscowboy
AG
1991sir said:

No one but schloss is in the thick of it.. Kendall doesn't know anything other then there is an offer and schloss apparently hasn't said no yet it's obvious, if del conte finishes this, it would be a coup, Kendall is right about that. But that's just common sense.
Kendall's reporting is reliable enough that 1) means there is a competitive offer that Schloss is thinking about 2) it isn't a done deal or contract already signed like the sips are claiming it to be. Nothing more set in stone than that. Texas also has a reputation for their alleged insiders getting ahead of themselves no matter what Roger's experience with "how these things usually go" is (and he is right about that).
ChubbyHubby
well_endowed_ag said:

ftworthag02 said:

If he stays he's definitely getting a raise from that
C@LAg
t_J_e_C_x said:

Who the hell is this???

snipped
how do you guys find these no name twitter accounts?
powerbelly
AG
well_endowed_ag said:

ftworthag02 said:

It's top 5 for college baseball coaches. Corbin is top at $1.9MM.
PA24
AG
Jimbo deal is going to sting for a few years.

Football….sucks
t_J_e_C_x
AG
westeroscowboy said:

1991sir said:

No one but schloss is in the thick of it.. Kendall doesn't know anything other then there is an offer and schloss apparently hasn't said no yet it's obvious, if del conte finishes this, it would be a coup, Kendall is right about that. But that's just common sense.
Kendall's reporting is reliable enough that 1) means there is a competitive offer that Schloss is thinking about 2) it isn't a done deal or contract already signed like the sips are claiming it to be. Nothing more set in stone than that. Texas also has a reputation for their alleged insiders getting ahead of themselves no matter what Roger's experience with "how these things usually go" is (and he is right about that).

Kendall ALSO tweeted this BEFORE the one that's being shared the most

C/O 2013 - Company E2
Tex117
AG
cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

All things considered, they are better at baseball than football, and are in fact one of the few programs at the top of the pile when it comes to baseball. (Records and Championships don't lie).

A&M needs to find a whole bunch of money and give it to him. Football isn't the only sport that matters.
Wait, haven't we beaten tu , like 10 out of the last 11 times we've played them? Didn't we just come within 1 run of winning it all and they finished outside the top 40?

Quote:

The Texas Longhorns are the winningest team in college baseball history with 77 conference championships, 35 College World series, 12 appearances to the Championship game, and 6 national champions (1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, 2005).
For this reason. Look, all I'm saying is that its a storied program (even more than football).
Who?mikejones!
AggieArchitect04 said:

Agthatbuilds said:

There's nothing texas can bring that tamu can not.

If schloss goes, it's because he wants to and that personal relationship with cdc wins out.

Trev might have also told him it's gonna take a little longer to build his baseball mecca

Nothing is going to happen any faster in Austin unless they have or have acquired land off campus and already hired a team. Also I hear permitting in Austin is a beating.

That's my point. There's nothing the sips can offer that tamu can't match.

I build it austin. It is a beatdown but I'm not sure it's the same rules on campus as everywhere else.
trouble
AG
You should Google then. Baseball coaches salaries aren't anything like football.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
C@LAg said:

t_J_e_C_x said:

Who the hell is this???

snipped
how do you guys find these no name twitter accounts?

Honestly, that one just popped up on my For You, so blame the algorithm. I don't follow that account. That's why I asked who the hell that was
C/O 2013 - Company E2
Ag1188
AG
2 titles in the last 40 years. major
jc1402
AG
I hope Schloss says in his introductory press conference at Texas that he was going to stay until that dork from TexAgs asked that question right after the game.

It's lol funny that they try to act like big reporters who "have to aske the tough questions" when they're in a press conference, but then it's crickets from Brauny, Billy and Zane now that something is actually happening....
ftworthag02
AG
Corbin 2.45mil
Johnson 1.79
Scott Forbes 1.7
Bianco 1.62
Schloss 1.58
ChubbyHubby
In all honesty this sucks a lot. They are not only talking about him leaving but him taking the staff with him. The horns basically looked at our whole program and said I'm going to buy that
One Louder
AG

Who?mikejones!
Yeah. But they've haven't been very good for the last decade or so.

If one wants to go repeat something, good on them.

I'm more of a build something and own it sort of guy
AgEng06
AG
Tex117 said:

cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

Quote:

The Texas Longhorns are the winningest team in college baseball history with 77 conference championships, 35 College World series, 12 appearances to the Championship game, and 6 national champions (1949, 1950, 1975, 1983, 2002, 2005).
For this reason.
So nothing much more than what we accomplished this season in nearly 20 years?
tjack16
AG
I just don't get this. You're at a program they can pay you just as much as Texas can, you've dominated them over the past 3 years. You've built a program now that is better than them currently… And you are getting a new stadium renovation to make your stadium one of the best in college baseball.

The only thing Texas has over us right now is history… But at the present, we are a better program with a brighter future
Rduck
backintexas2013 said:

Oregon coach and possibly Kentucky
please don't take our coach
AggieArchitect04
AG
Who is this? And what's he's affiliation with A&M?
dBoy99
AG
Kendall is in full on CYA mode...
Ag1188
AG
jc1402 said:

I hope Schloss says in his introductory press conference at Texas that he was going to stay until that dork from TexAgs asked that question right after the game.

It's lol funny that they try to act like big reporters who "have to aske the tough questions" when they're in a press conference, but then it's crickets from Brauny, Billy and Zane now that something is actually happening....
you'd be gullible enough to believe that.
W
AG
but is A&M in the financial position to match?
Who?mikejones!
I dont think this is about money.

I also don't think schloss is the only coach who can win here. 3 million might be too much for a baseball coach
Ag1188
AG
One Louder said:

One difference is over half the TCU fans were ready for him to be gone.
Tex117
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yeah. But they've haven't been very good for the last decade or so.

If one wants to go repeat something, good on them.

I'm more of a build something and own it sort of guy
Username checks out.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For this reason.
So nothing much more than what we accomplished this season in nearly 20 years?
Yup.
cavscout96
AG
Tex117 said:

cavscout96 said:

Tex117 said:

Quote:

For this reason. Look, all I'm saying is that its a storied program (even more than football).
those stats are two - plus decades old
Ags77
AG
One thing is for sure. Schloss, Del Conte, our ad won't be able to sit on this long at all. He and his staff here are either recruiting for us or the horns and that will be public very quickly.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.