SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,878 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
PaulsBunions
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Honestly I hope he does leverage the sip job to get a big contract and even more $$$ for facilities. It's all on the BMAs now
themissinglink
AG
All the smoke coming from Austin clearly shows there is interest. Even the people on this board claiming to be in the know state their source is connected to the sip program. Nobody here has stated their source was connected to our AD.

Billy on the radio this morning didn't seem to know or have credible info either way. Just speculation (unless he was hiding something). If there was a meeting this afternoon with our AD and brass, I would think he would have caught wind of it.

Brent Z should have connections to our AD, but he admits he teamed up with Bohls.
LB12Diamond
AG
1991sir said:

Where wiener!!!

They only showed Braden, Jace, Targ and Sdao. Everyone else is gone.
trouble
AG
It shows they are interested. Which everyone with half a brain already knew.
htxag09
AG
LB12Diamond said:

1991sir said:

Where wiener!!!

They only showed Braden, Jace, Targ and Sdao. Everyone else is gone.

And two of them are gone, too!
ChubbyHubby
W said:

the issue with the question asked last night by Zane...

it needed to be asked by a reporter with more skins on the wall so to speak

or a reporter with a few gray hairs

otherwise it sounds like an ambush / gotcha question from someone trying to make their mark in the business

Anyone pretending like this wasn't a legitimate question are the same people with their head in the sand saying that Schloss isn't their target or that he would never consider another job. The sips waited until there were only two teams left to fire their coach, they were being very transparent about what their intentions were
dallasiteinsa02
wasntme said:

Don't shoot the messenger, lol.

I, personally don't think he is leaving. However...
I did hear it from a very credible source that he has been offered a contract of roughly $3.5m annually.
His base contract here is roughly $1.35.
I hope we open up the brink truck and get him to stay.

I love Schloss, but that is 75% above the second-highest-paid coach. I wouldnt try to match that, especially with many great coaches under 1 million available.
dixichkn
AG
If we can afford to send Jimbo packing with $76M on the table, we can damn sure afford a guy who got us to within 1 run of our first natty since Moses parted the sea. Pay up, BMAs
LB12Diamond
AG
Topher17 said:

Dr. Tinkle said:

Been quiet on the premium front as well. This doesn't bode well.

The lack of info from Brauny or Billy is probably what has me more concerned than anything else. They more than anyone could put it all to bed, but they haven't and in some ways that gives it more legs.

Schloss put them in timeout.
Texan_Aggie
AG
Love all the "Yeah we can and should afford" posts that end with "Someone else pay it!"
ColoAggie12
AG
Bmont forgoing the draft confirmed
powerbelly
AG
Texan_Aggie said:

Love all the "Yeah we can and should afford" posts that end with "Someone else pay it!"

People on texags love to spend other people's money
C@LAg
Texan_Aggie said:

no joke.

BMAs will spend on football like there is no tomorrow as football is the game that pulls all the weight and gets them seen and where they can rub elbows with their buddies. Baseball likely barely registers on most of their radars.
FTAG 2000
AG
dixichkn said:

If we can afford to send Jimbo packing with $76M on the table, we can damn sure afford a guy who got us to within 1 run of our first natty since Moses parted the sea. Pay up, BMAs

Forget Jimbo for a minute. Look at what we paid Trev and what we paid for a buyout to get him out of Lincoln. Can't pay that kind of coin for Trev and then not pony up in this situation.
Thisguy1
Surprised nobody is talking about Jace's tweet telling portal guys to come here so we can win one next year.

If everything is to be believed, team meetings and whatnot, any announcement by players returning is a good thing.
Who?mikejones!
wasntme said:

I did hear it from a very credible source that he has been offered a contract of roughly $3.5m annually.

Name names
Texas A&M
We don't need a new stadium (not that improvements can't be made). If that his demand, let him go.
Who?mikejones!
1991sir said:

He didn't interact with the crowd or throw up a gigem or anything..

Here he is shaking hands and giving high 5s
themissinglink
AG
Kendall weighs in...
Mark Stoops
Who?mikejones!
The new ballpark is really important to schloss. Enough to make mention during a presser during the world series
swimmerbabe11
messy divorce
PA24
AG
themissinglink said:

Kendal weighs in...

Truth rules every time.
Captain Pablo
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

wasntme said:

Name names

He's not going to name names

For **** sake

Believe it, or don't believe it
txag72
AG
Well crap, sell high in that case.
Captain Pablo
AG
PA24 said:

themissinglink said:

Kendal weighs in...

Truth rules every time.

That's about as iron-clad as a rice cake
AggieArchitect04
AG
Quote:

Schloss camp has been adamant no chance of movement unless the new ballpark project was botched. It was not.

I'll design the new ball park for free. Just keep him here.
HeyAbbott
AG
Kendall is just posting stuff that everyone already knows.
Reno Hightower
That 'Braden' comment last night sure rings odd now.
htxag09
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

Quote:

Schloss camp has been adamant no chance of movement unless the new ballpark project was botched. It was not.

Username checks out
AggieBiker
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm not gonna hate on a guy should he choose to make the most money he can, take over what many consider the greatest historic program in college ball and go work for an old friend with endless pockets.

I've no doubt he has received an offer from the used car salesman. This is one time I want tamu to blow the socks off the college baseball world with its counter offer. Give schloss the salary and a guarantee to build whatever he wants.

From my vantage point, I see nothing tu offers that tamu cannot match or exceed. Money, facilities, fan base, nil, whatever...we're ever bit as good or better than texas.

If he goes, it's not because of something we cannot offer. It's cause he wants to.

"the greatest historic program in college ball" Are you talking about USCw? Check the NCs won.
Who?mikejones!
htxag09 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Quote:

Username checks out

I'll build it. Not for free, but at a discount.
nothingbutlove
Given the decades of hideous decision making in men's major sports, I don't think the people suggesting that money be spent to keep Schloss are that out of order.

Amends need to be made for pain and suffering and absolutely chronic wrongness.
Who?mikejones!
AggieBiker said:

Agthatbuilds said:

I'm not gonna hate on a guy should he choose to make the most money he can, take over what many consider the greatest historic program in college ball and go work for an old friend with endless pockets.

I've no doubt he has received an offer from the used car salesman. This is one time I want tamu to blow the socks off the college baseball world with its counter offer. Give schloss the salary and a guarantee to build whatever he wants.

From my vantage point, I see nothing tu offers that tamu cannot match or exceed. Money, facilities, fan base, nil, whatever...we're ever bit as good or better than texas.

If he goes, it's not because of something we cannot offer. It's cause he wants to.

"the greatest historic program in college ball" Are you talking about USCw? Check the NCs won.

"Many consider"
Who?mikejones!
Captain Pablo said:

Agthatbuilds said:

wasntme said:

Name names

He's not going to name names

For **** sake

Believe it, or don't believe it

then it means nothing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.