SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,811 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
trouble
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
1991sir said:

My bad trouble, I'm just going off the video. It was concerning to not see a. Double gig when he came off the bus. What do you think happens?

I think he stays.
LB12Diamond
AG
If he was super connected. He sure did not use those connections to help him get good George Strait tickets.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I didn't say that he was, but he does actually contain media credentials.
Who?mikejones!
If I were to make a metric by which to grade, I'd give a scale of points for championship 10 points if you won it this year, 9 for last year, 8 for the previous and so on.

I dont really count championships from 10 years ago or more as amounting to much.

So, Tennessee would have 10 pts
Lsu would have 9
Ole miss would get 8
Msu would get 7
Vandy would get 5
Osu 4
Fla would get 3
Coastal would get 2

The other metrics would be:
Facilities
Attendance/Fans
Conference affiliation
NIL
World series, supers, regional appearances over last 10 years
Conference tournament championships
Regular season standings
Individual awards over last 10 years
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Brent's "article" is six sentences. SIX!

And zero named sources.

We might be doomed as a society if that passes for journalism that people rely on.
trouble
AG
It needs to be burned to the ground and rebuilt. I think the bathrooms are original to 1975 or whenever it was it was built.
Who?mikejones!
To be fair, they put 3 people in it
trouble
AG
Those are a lot easier to get than people would have you believe.
LB12Diamond
AG
Detective Jake Peralta said:

Brent's "article" is six sentences. SIX!

And zero named sources.

We might be doomed as a society if that passes for journalism that people rely on.

After I read it. I was like, dang. It's worse than I thought was possible.

Brent later this week. A&M convinced Schloss to stay. LOL
W
AG
the sips are going to offer their coaching job to Schloss

we already knew that

only Vitello is a hotter coaching commodity at the moment
FTAG 2000
AG
979ag said:

fwiw - the team didn't put him in the most recent video posting 10 minutes ago

You think our social media team would be read into the situation?
Capitol Ag
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

Yeah, I think we will be looking for a new coach soon.

Between the weird mention of he won't be at tamu forever, his pretty irrational, imo, response to a legit question, the complete radio silence of texags and schloss' previous relationship with cdc, I think k we are fighting an up hill battle.

I'll happily eat crow.

Either way, I believe in the aggies and whoever our coach is and will wish the best for schloss whether he is leading the ags or the sips. If he goes, I think he will regret it.

I'm fully convinced he stays. Just my opinion but I see this as a strategy to negotiate up and stay at A&M. I think we all will be getting very good news by tonight.
GigEmNurse
Martin Cash
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw
Lots of fail here. FSU & Okla St not in the SEC. Also, how are you going to leave out LSU?
Forget it. He doesn't even know the difference between "blue chip" and "blueblood."
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. Ecclesiastes 10:2
LB12Diamond
AG
They only showed like 4 players. Holy crap. All the players are gone!!!
1991sir
I agree with this! He knew what he was doing. And he knew the spring board effect that this would bring. We will have a new blue bell by 2027!
Ag1188
AG
Martin Cash said:

tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw
Lots of fail here. FSU & Okla St not in the SEC. Also, how are you going to leave out LSU?
Forget it. He doesn't even know the difference between "blue chip" and "blueblood."
you guys go start your own thread. Virtually nobody cares about what you're posting.
1991sir
Where wiener!!!
FriscoKid
AG
Brent's sources have been TexAgs in the past. I wonder if some of the posts are his "multiple sources"
W
AG
the issue with the question asked last night by Zane...

it needed to be asked by a reporter with more skins on the wall so to speak

or a reporter with a few gray hairs

otherwise it sounds like an ambush / gotcha question from someone trying to make their mark in the business
Who?mikejones!
I'm not gonna hate on a guy should he choose to make the most money he can, take over what many consider the greatest historic program in college ball and go work for an old friend with endless pockets.

I've no doubt he has received an offer from the used car salesman. This is one time I want tamu to blow the socks off the college baseball world with its counter offer. Give schloss the salary and a guarantee to build whatever he wants.

From my vantage point, I see nothing tu offers that tamu cannot match or exceed. Money, facilities, fan base, nil, whatever...we're ever bit as good or better than texas.

If he goes, it's not because of something we cannot offer. It's cause he wants to.
trouble
AG
Probably.

And once he reads all my posts, he'll probably stop waving at me in Papa Perez
Dr. Tinkle
Been quiet on the premium front as well. This doesn't bode well.
PA24
AG
Commit to a new field

Stop throwing good money after bad investing in football. We gave Jimbo Fisher more money to leave than we have committed to refurbish the baseball park.

t_J_e_C_x
AG
Dr. Tinkle said:

Guess we'll all have to wait until later. Liucci should have an answer later. Nothing we can do now, but wait
C/O 2013 - Company E2
FTAG 2000
AG
W said:

otherwise it sounds like an ambush / gotcha question from someone trying to make their mark in the business

Why are we still talking about this? Coach knows all the regular reporters. He knows who asked that question and what website they work for.
1991sir
Schloss said what he needed to say last night. I think schloss wanted to make a statement to get Trev uncomfortable…
AvidAggie
AG
"David Pierce will be the A&M coach in 48 hours"

There. I figured I'd get that out there cause I know about as much as anyone else on here.

C@LAg
FTAG 2000 said:

W said:

Why are we still talking about this? Coach knows all the regular reporters. He knows who asked that question and what website they work for.
no s&^@#@

the horse is dead. move on.
FTAG 2000
AG
Dr. Tinkle said:

Premium won't have anything. That means nothing
1991sir
No it means you're $13 poorer to know a minute before I do.
wasntme
Don't shoot the messenger, lol.

I, personally don't think he is leaving. However...
I did hear it from a very credible source that he has been offered a contract of roughly $3.5m annually.
His base contract here is roughly $1.35.
I hope we open up the brink truck and get him to stay.
Topher17
AG
Dr. Tinkle said:

The lack of info from Brauny or Billy is probably what has me more concerned than anything else. They more than anyone could put it all to bed, but they haven't and in some ways that gives it more legs.
StinkyPinky
AG
Agthatbuilds said:

I'm not gonna hate on a guy should he choose to make the most money he can, take over what many consider the greatest historic program in college ball and go work for an old friend with endless pockets.

I've no doubt he has received an offer from the used car salesman. This is one time I want tamu to blow the socks off the college baseball world with its counter offer. Give schloss the salary and a guarantee to build whatever he wants.
This. As much as it would suck, if he moves on he moves on. We get another coach and live to fight another day. But my sources (those voices in my head) tells me he isn't going anywhere and this is where he wants to finalize his legacy.
1991sir
There maybe nothing to report…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.