SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,769 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
tejas_ayanem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw
Lots of fail here. FSU & Okla St not in the SEC. Also, how are you going to leave out LSU?
Onionman
Schloss agent either using the tu job as leverage to get more $ from A&M or he is leaving for tu.

All these theories & opinions. I guess we will all find out soon.

barbacoa taco
AG
Brent Z either clickbaiting us or straight up saying there's an offer on the table
AGDAD14
Like I said (knew/heard) he's going to leverage this to the hilt. Due to recent experiences, not very many Aggies willing to pony up as they have in the past. A new Aggie generation of money is going to have to step forward that can support both football and baseball to the max. Easier said than done!
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Did you read the article? It says it is about getting him to stay.
Yeah, I don't like the sound of "trying to convince him to stay".
histag10
AG
Ag1188 said:

histag10 said:

Ag1188 said:

Topher17 said:

Fair. Seems I misread the tweet as implying he'd be meeting with A&M brass today.
that's what the article says. He's meeting the A&M brass today.

That also, in theory, could have been preplanned, as the season just ended and they likely need to talk about what $$ he for his budget going into big recruiting season.
Did you read the article? It says it is about getting him to stay.

Yes. Because reporters are always an infallible beacon of truth. The reality here is that it is likely speculation by the reporter, and their job is to get clicks and sell stories.

Which story gets more clicks and sells better?

"Meeting with admin to convince him to stay"
"Meeting with admin for planned end of FY budget discussions after season has ended"
94chem
Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw

I might leave a school if somebody wrote something that bad.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
aTm2004
AG
Ag1188 said:

Caesar4 said:

Topher17 said:

Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Brent must not have read this thread

If he's staying, why would a meeting be needed? Those details of matching whatever the offer is should already be worked out, no?
Who said anything about a meeting?
the Chronicle article. It said he's meeting with our admin this evening for them to convince him to stay.

It's also a co-written (I'm guessing) article with Kirk Bohls. Gonna have some sip spin to it.
Bryanisbest
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw
Lots of fail here. FSU & Okla St not in the SEC. Also, how are you going to leave out LSU?

I amended my list. Thanks
themissinglink
AG
Sadly, I agree. Texas likely reached out weeks ago. It's either an agent play to get more money/other commitments or a decision has already been made.
Who?mikejones!
Yeah, I think we will be looking for a new coach soon.

Between the weird mention of he won't be at tamu forever, his pretty irrational, imo, response to a legit question, the complete radio silence of texags and schloss' previous relationship with cdc, I think k we are fighting an up hill battle.

I'll happily eat crow.

Either way, I believe in the aggies and whoever our coach is and will wish the best for schloss whether he is leading the ags or the sips. If he goes, I think he will regret it.
Caesar4
AG
Lance Uppercut said:

Del Conte is a good friend. None of my friends have never gone this far out of their way to make sure I got million dollar contracts.
Do you know the difference between a friend and a good friend?

A friend is someone who'll help you move.

A good friend is someone who'll help you move a body.
trouble
AG
Probably mining for clicks again.
rsf0626
If he leaves, that would be a slap in the face to the fans and most importantly his players.

Unfortunately, when there's smoke, there's fire and i'm starting to get a bad feeling on where this is heading

I hope i'm wrong
Slicer97
AG
aTm2004 said:

Ag1188 said:

Caesar4 said:

Topher17 said:

Four Seasons Landscaping said:

Brent must not have read this thread

If he's staying, why would a meeting be needed? Those details of matching whatever the offer is should already be worked out, no?
Who said anything about a meeting?
the Chronicle article. It said he's meeting with our admin this evening for them to convince him to stay.

It's also a co-written (I'm guessing) article with Kirk Bohls. Gonna have some sip spin to it.

Could also just be to discuss/finalize what his raise is going to be.
1991sir
That doesn't mean that he has accepted anything. They probably know what the offer is. They know they can't sit in idle… it's their turn to make an offer, and the fact that he is back in Aggieland and not on an airplane to Austin.. we have the ball. You think Trev has been sitting by not having conversations? Trev knows what it will cost to keep him. Now is the time you put up or shut up. It will only be the admins fault if he leaves. You know what schloss wants. He has put it out there a lot over the last month. Figure it out and give him a damn new ball field!
AggieArchitect04
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw

Damn. Not only did A&M not make the list for best SEC baseball but 4 schools not even in the SEC somehow made the list.
94chem
This exact moment is the most leverage Schlossnagle will ever have. He is still young enough, he has won 6 games in Omaha in 3 years, his prestigious rival has an opening, and he wants a new stadium. Ultimately, I think he wants to accelerate the stadium plan most of all. All he needs is a Scooby costume.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
trouble
AG
1991sir said:

He didn't interact with the crowd or throw up a gigem or anything..

This is not true. The videos I've seen look like his usual walk through the crowd. Smiles, fist bumps, etc. Stop overanalyzing things. He looked like the Schloss in used to seeing.
tejas_ayanem
Bryanisbest said:

tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

I think you also missed the part where they asked how the sips would rank in the SEC.
1991sir
Unless it's a smoke machine… their can be smoke with no fire…
The Collective
AG
I'll blame all of you who weren't kind to the dance team if he leaves.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Brent's article is the first legit news article I've seen.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/jim-schlossnagle-aggies-or-ut-19539548.php?utm_source=marketing

If you use the Reader function on your phone browser, you can read the article.

If you're on a computer, put "https://facebook.com/l.php?u=" in front of the article, and click Follow Link.

It basically says Schloss has a decision to make between leaving to tu and staying at A&M and that he is meeting with "A&M brass" this afternoon. We'll likely know more by tomorrow.

His sources are "several people familiar with the process"
979ag
AG

fwiw - the team didn't put him in the most recent video posting 10 minutes ago
94chem
Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

This is after 2 edits?????
94chem,
trouble
AG
sharpdressedman said:

trouble said:

Well, the sips don't have anywhere to put a new stadium.
I believe the point intended to be made was that if Schloss wants to revisit the refusal to move Olsen and to limit the size and scope of the renovation, he has great leverage to induce it.

Or he's going to leave for a school that plays in a dump and doesn't even have space to put a new stadium?

No.
1991sir
My bad trouble, I'm just going off the video. It was concerning to not see a. Double gig when he came off the bus. What do you think happens?
fav13andac1)c
AG
trouble said:

Does he have a history?
94chem
trouble said:

sharpdressedman said:

trouble said:

Well, the sips don't have anywhere to put a new stadium.
I believe the point intended to be made was that if Schloss wants to revisit the refusal to move Olsen and to limit the size and scope of the renovation, he has great leverage to induce it.

Or he's going to leave for a school that plays in a dump and doesn't even have space to put a new stadium?

No.

He needs to ask if they have a garbage wall in the outfield, or if that will be part of t.u.'s renovation package.
94chem,
1991sir
That don't bother me.
Sq 17
barbacoa taco said:

Brent Z either clickbaiting us or straight up saying there's an offer on the table

Presuming tu is offering : they are likely willing to make him the highest paid college baseball coach.
Not sure who has that spot right now probably Vitello

They may have money set aside for the renovation that are needed at Disch Falk
aTm2004
AG
rsf0626 said:

If he leaves, that would be a slap in the face to the fans and most importantly his players.

Unfortunately, when there's smoke, there's fire and i'm starting to get a bad feeling on where this is heading

I hope i'm wrong
The smoke is all from random Twitter nobodys who are trying to gain clicks by referring to "a friend who is highly connected with the <sip> brass..." Nothing from anyone with any kind of merit. Just more Sliced Bread.
trouble
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Brent's article is the first legit news article I've seen.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/college/article/jim-schlossnagle-aggies-or-ut-19539548.php?utm_source=marketing

If you use the Reader function on your phone browser, you can read the article.

If you're on a computer, put "https://facebook.com/l.php?u=" in front of the article, and click Follow Link.

It basically says Schloss has a decision to make between leaving to tu and staying at A&M and that he is meeting with "A&M brass" this afternoon. We'll likely know more by tomorrow.

His sources are "several people familiar with the process"

I don't know why y'all think he is super connected.
Bryanisbest
AG
tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

tejas_ayanem said:

Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

I think you also missed the part where they asked how the sips would rank in the SEC.

Yes, I did. I was thinking nation wide.
trouble
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

trouble said:

Does he have a history?

The comical in general does and yes, he does as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.