SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,829 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
1991sir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I guess that's possible.
LB12Diamond
AG
Oh

Now I see why you responded this way. You were the one I used obtuse on when you earlier could not see the similarities.

And now I see why you picked that other post to respond to. It aligned with you trying to blame the sips as well.

You are right about one thing. I have wasted to much time on this thread trying to help others understand why it was wrong to ask the question. If they cannot see why, it's just not in their DNA.
sharpdressedman
My well connected classmate told me this morning that "footprint" is the word of the day. To me, this is entirely hearsay, and I cannot attest to its basis in fact. We'll see what happens..
agmeister
S
outlawjw said:

Get ready for the meltdown...my connected sip friend says Schloss has signed a contract and he's gone. Hope he's wrong but he's pretty tied in.
This is like Trump saying "someone told me" ...lie to follow.
GarryowenAg
AG
What does that even mean?
trouble
AG
TXCityGirl said:

Only concern is that he did NOT wear Aggie gear on the trip home. None. All neutral clothing/shoes.

Maaaaaaaybe he just wanted to wear his brand new polo.

Y'all are something else.
sharpdressedman
GarryowenAg said:

What does that even mean?
I understood it to mean stadium location.
histag10
AG
Medaggie said:

Blue chip programs do not worry about losing their coach when another college opening happens.

If you are worried then you are not blue chip. There are maybe 2 programs at the level of Texas. History matters.

There is one program that, at least in the last decade, keeps making terrible hiring decisions. They don't worry about anyone stealing their coaches because their coaches aren't great and are usually fired in some spectacular fashion.

I assume that is one of the schools you are referring to as blue chip that doesn't worry about other schools stealing their coaches.
trouble
AG
Well, the sips don't have anywhere to put a new stadium.
Four Seasons Landscaping
Brent must not have read this thread

1991sir
He didn't interact with the crowd or throw up a gigem or anything..
Onionman
I'm not going back to reread posts but I don't believe I ever said I could not see the similarities.

I simply pointed out it's reporters job to ask tough questions.

Not even sure why you were getting so offended and why you just came back with 'obtuse'.
histag10
AG
trouble said:

TXCityGirl said:

Only concern is that he did NOT wear Aggie gear on the trip home. None. All neutral clothing/shoes.

Maaaaaaaybe he just wanted to wear his brand new polo.

Y'all are something else.

Right! Del Conte was in Omaha. If Schloss was leaving, I would just assume he wouldn't fly home with the team.

And people are allowed to wear non school afgiliated clothing, especially in the off season while flying.
agmeister
S
Medaggie said:

Blue chip programs do not worry about losing their coach when another college opening happens.

If you are worried then you are not blue chip. There are maybe 2 programs at the level of Texas. History matters.

Look at almost any program rankings and the top 3 are USC/Lsu/ut with each having a debatable reason

USC -most titles ever
LSU -most dominant past 20 yrs
tu - most cws appearance and 2nd most title.

Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Alabama, Stanford, UCLA, USC .....
Opinions are like elbows. Everyone has them.
AggieArchitect04
AG
TexAgs anytime a coaching search is within or adjacent to our school…

Ag1188
AG
Four Seasons Landscaping said:

does that mean his response last night wasn't legit?
BohunkAg
AG
Maybe all his clothes were dirty after two weeks in Omaha
Topher17
AG

If he's staying, why would a meeting be needed? Those details of matching whatever the offer is should already be worked out, no?
Texas A&M
I would love for him to stay, but I won't lose any sleep if he goes. I'm guessing he stays.

It was probably mentioned earlier in the thread, but what did he mean by leaving his family behind to take the A&M job? That was a weird way to put it.
barbacoa taco
AG
he got divorced. i guess his kids stayed up in FW.
Mark Stoops
Quote:

I would love for him to stay, but I won't lose any sleep if he goes. I'm guessing he stays.

So it begins
Caesar4
AG
Topher17 said:

If he's staying, why would a meeting be needed? Those details of matching whatever the offer is should already be worked out, no?
Who said anything about a meeting?
Bryanisbest
AG
Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st. USCw
backintexas2013
AG
So the reports contract were done obviously are false but this is true? Nice.
sharpdressedman
trouble said:

Well, the sips don't have anywhere to put a new stadium.
I believe the point intended to be made was that if Schloss wants to revisit the refusal to move Olsen and to limit the size and scope of the renovation, he has great leverage to induce it.
Ag1188
AG
Caesar4 said:

Topher17 said:

Who said anything about a meeting?
the Chronicle article. It said he's meeting with our admin this evening for them to convince him to stay.
Onionman
I was concerned last night because whenever I have seen people accused of something (Ex: cheating on their spouse or taking drugs)....the ones that get angry are often the ones doing it! Those that aren't guilty typically don't get so offended.

I am worried Schloss got so angry because he is really considering it. (But could be he was upset last night due to the gut wrenching loss)

I really hope that 12Diamond guy that says 100% Schloss is staying is correct. I am sure he will say I am just being obtuse again.
Topher17
AG
Fair. Seems I misread the tweet as implying he'd be meeting with A&M brass today.
BohunkAg
AG
Bryanisbest said:

Oscar Diggs said:

Bryanisbest said:

We can be, we are going to be, we will be, we are on the way, but have not yet arrived.
How would you rank the SEC baseball programs with the sips now in the conference?

Blue chip baseball: Florida, Miami, Florida St, Texas, Ole Miss, Miss St, Okla st.
wut
Ag1188
AG
Topher17 said:

Fair. Seems I misread the tweet as implying he'd be meeting with A&M brass today.
that's what the article says. He's meeting the A&M brass today.
Keith70Chevelle
If he leaves we never had him to start. I hope the rumors are wrong. If he is even thinking a little bit about leaving. Leave now
Lance Uppercut
AG
Del Conte is a good friend. None of my friends have never gone this far out of their way to make sure I got million dollar contracts.
htxag09
AG
Either way it shows people tweeting and speaking as if it's fact are dumb.

One tweet apparently generating tons of clicks: a contract has been signed.

Now: Schloss will likely make a decision by tonight.
histag10
AG
Ag1188 said:

Topher17 said:

That also, in theory, could have been preplanned, as the season just ended and they likely need to talk about what $$ he for his budget going into big recruiting season.
Ag1188
AG
histag10 said:

Ag1188 said:

Topher17 said:

That also, in theory, could have been preplanned, as the season just ended and they likely need to talk about what $$ he for his budget going into big recruiting season.
Did you read the article? It says it is about getting him to stay.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.