SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,888 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
hamean02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agent season. He'll get a big raise and big commitment for $100million stadium reno within the next two years and that will be it.

Only person that can screw this up potentially is the new AD Alberts and/or mega boosters, but hype for baseball is at an all-time high so I don't expect that to happen. Essentially, we are where Tennessee was 2 years ago with Vitello.

For the record, Schloss didn't shut the door completely last night on moving because like I said, it's agent season. New deals and agreements have to be signed -- so there's always a chance. The good news is this should all be resolved in a couple days either way.

I can't imagine a scenario in which we lose a coach to Texas -- especially given the lack of barriers to achieve his goal here (Schloss that is).
Dale Earnhardts Stache
AG
fav13andac1)c said:

Dale Earnhardts Stache said:

barbacoa taco said:

God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."

At what point in his response did he slam the door shut? He kept the door open. He talked all about why he came to A&M and how great it has been but didn't once directly state or indicate that he's staying. And he could have.

He said "I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind."

Very indirect answer from a very direct individual. That was his intent when he took the job.
wangus12
AG
We've already committed to the stadium renovation. We shouldn't have to do that
JR Ewingford
HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
Dip***** That gets old. My Ag tag was taken away years ago for calling out Sumlin crap which became true. Staff wasn't so happy when I fired back addressing rumors that were true.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG

fav13andac1)c said:

barbacoa taco said:

God I hate coaching rumor mills.

Schloss came out last night and slammed the door on leaving for Texas, and there are still posters and people on twitter saying "well ahkshually what he really meant was..."

At what point in his response did he slam the door shut? He kept the door open. He talked all about why he came to A&M and how great it has been but didn't once directly state or indicate that he's staying. And he could have.

He said "I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again. And that hasn't changed in my mind."

Very indirect answer from a very direct individual. That was his intent when he took the job.

Lol. That's indirect? Proof that people read what they want to. Enjoy your ulcer.
AggieArchitect04
AG
What does Texas have that A&M doesn't?

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.
Aggies2009
AG
JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
Dip***** That gets old. My Ag tag was taken away years ago for calling out Sumlin crap which became true. Staff wasn't so happy when I fired back addressing rumors that were true.
So you've got a long history of being like this. Got it.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Coaching with or for your best friend is never a good idea and these guys know it. There is a reason Jimbo and Muschamp never worked for one another. They are best friends and know if it doesnt work out that is a long bond broken because of the results of 18-22 years and boosters.
aTm2004
AG
AggieArchitect04 said:

As a job, we are competitive at every level. Texas is a bigger brand and some of the best baseball history. But how meaningful is that to Schloss at his age? Their fan base and institution are fickle.

Pierce probably wanted a new stadium too. All coaches do. If Schloss truly likes our fans he's in for a rude awakening in Austin.
This sip boot licker lays out why he would leave.

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!
fav13andac1)c
AG
K, bro.
VP at Pierce and Pierce
AggieArchitect04 said:

History and brand matter the least in college baseball out of all the sports. See USC, tu, and Wichita State. And college baseball has changed the most since 2010 and the most in NIL. The playing field is so much more level than it was 15 years ago.
cmac94
AG
Of course he isnt going anywhere….only Aggies with a massive inferiority complex to tu would think otherwise. Horrible timing with the question. Read the room…..Listen to how he was talking about the university and fan base. Observe the emotion that he and Schott brought to the interview. Huge disappointment for those guys to lose that game. They believed and expected to win. He's talking about building next years team. Dumb and selfish question.
JR Ewingford
Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
It is what it is. I just get tired of the 'sip troll" crap. All Ive said is there is smoke. He is getting a raise no matter what. Hopefully that's at A&M.
aTm2004
AG
JR Ewingford said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
It is what it is. I just get tired of the 'sip troll" crap. All Ive said is there is smoke. He is getting a raise no matter what. Hopefully that's at A&M.
Then stop acting like a sip troll.
Aggies2009
AG
JR Ewingford said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
You're big and bad about how you "know things" and "knew things that were true under Sumlin".

If you're so confident, name the source or stfu. Expecting anyone to believe some rando on a message board is laughable.
Aggie Dad 26
gigem92 said:

Suck it, Sips.
coupland boy
AG
Everyone relax. I wish the question had not been asked last night. Makes no difference except to feed the story.

Given our history, if I wanted a huge raise, I'm glad the question was asked and would have answered it the exact same way too.

We're our own worst enemy.
aTm2004
AG
Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll
You're big and bad about how you "know things" and "knew things that were true under Sumlin".

If you're so confident, name the source or stfu. Expecting anyone to believe some rando on a message board is laughable.
The only poster that was confident enough with the information he had to name names was AggieGrant.
tjburns
And Nick Saban's wife is still looking at real estate in Austin... these clowns haven't caught on yet. Moving to a deteriorating liberal city, filled with homeless encampments and screaming blue hairs, is not the draw they imagine it to be.

Schloss never even considered it. We are making massive facility upgrades and can match whatever they would pay him. The only draw would be Austin and if you look at Schloss's personality that isn't even in the realm of a good fit.
lest
AG
Schlossnagle is an outstanding coach. He is perfect for A&M. His response to the totally inappropriate question from the reporter was justified. He has dedicated himself to Tamu and we need to give him a raise for bringing the Aggies to the championship game for college football. He will take us back to the MCWS many times over the years, I have not doubt.
Aggies2009
AG
aTm2004 said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll

The only poster that was confident enough with the information he had to name names was AggieGrant.

Old AggieGrant. Crazy.

Derm didn't name any names, but it's no secret he's extremely connected in the A&M baseball program. As are several others here (most have the 3 stars lol). When he hinted at us hiring Schloss, I believed it. If he says Schloss is leaving, I'll believe it.

JR Ewingford
Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

Aggies2009 said:

JR Ewingford said:

HeyAbbott said:

Hello tu troll

STFU bro. I'm not confident of anything. I don't have any numbers like the one poster. Let's just wait till Billy addresses it.
AggieArchitect04
AG
If Albert's is doing his job, he's already spoken to coach last night, not to discuss coaching/contracts but to give him his condolences on how it turned out AND set up a meeting to discuss his future at A&M. First thing that happens at that meeting is delivery of Schloss' bonus for getting us to the CWS Final game.

This is what I'd do anyway.
Reed McDonald 92
AG
I usually don't engage in these speculation threads. But I can't resist this time.

While it's true that anything can happen (as in "never" is a strong word), Coach Schloss has never given any indication he had any interest in moving on to another program should the right opportunity present itself. On the contrary, he has consistently said the stars aligned to bring him here, he wanted to build a monster program that repeated success year upon year, he wanted to build a Taj Mahal of baseball, he loves everything about Aggieland, especially the 12th Man, and on and on.

When did Schloss say he desires to be the highest paid coach in the land? I must've missed that interview.
I do recall him constantly saying he wanted to build a stellar program and an amazing baseball stadium.

Where the F on the 40 acres does tu plan to build their Taj Mahal?? No doubt they'll eventually have a nice stadium. But the logistics make it far more difficult and unlikely that it'll happen anytime soon. Yet here in Aggieland, we have far fewer logistical challenges for that. And we also have the commitment to get it done.

I'm convinced a lot of the thin-skinned idiots perpetuating this rumor are simply trolls. The rest are the "I deserve to know answers now" generation. First, no you don't. As difficult as it is to believe, NO YOU DON'T. Second, put on your big boy pants and quit being pu****s. It's embarrassing and maddening. And if you're behaving this way and not a troll, you're negatively impacting the program and you're the reason outsiders point and laugh.

Zane did not have to ask the question to quell your feels. And from the posts since the question, it's apparent some of you will go ahead and believe he's still leaving. Or you're a troll.
PA24
AG

We are being deprived of a great World Series discussion by sip sympathizers, and how the sips are enjoying this crap.

Staff needs to bring the ban hammer.
Bryanisbest
AG
aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

For those that don't want to give him the satisfaction of a click, his only reason is because A&M isn't God's chosen school for all people...The University of by God Texas!

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
1991sir
Billy basically said there have been rumors from the Texas side for a while, that's why he gave green light on question. If you had to press him today, he thinks schloss stays
BadAggie
AG
A&M coach uses successful season to get a raise by leveraging potential interest from a rival. That's never happened before.

Don't get stupid with the buyout, just sayin'.
1991sir
Feels like Schloss thought the question was disrespectful.
JR Ewingford
1991sir said:

Billy basically said there have been rumors from the Texas side for a while, that's why he gave green light on question. If you had to press him today, he thinks schloss stays
Heard the same.
LB12Diamond
AG
1991sir said:

Feels like Schloss thought the question was disrespectful.

Duhhhh
Medaggie
How do some of you ever have peace in your life.

When your wife goes to work and a new hot guy is hired, are u going to stalker she is leaving me mode?

Get a life, there is no reason for your wife to leave you so worrying about it makes you look crazy and inferior.

When we fire a coach, no one in Austin is spending 20+ pages sweating it.

Relax, things will be ok. If your wife leaves u for a hot office guy then you didn't have a strong relationship anyways. Stay, he is here for a long time. Leave, and he never really wanted to be here.

It's a win win situation.
1991sir
Just repeating Billy off the radio lol
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Bryanisbest said:

aTm2004 said:

AggieArchitect04 said:

Hard truth that many of you will flame about. Texas is a blue chip program in both football and baseball. We are not. We are gaining on that in both categories. Competing in the SEC is giving us the ability to emerge from their shadow. We gained on that this baseball season. Will Schloss leave to become a blue chip coach? I don't know. But what he has done here, maybe will yet do, has helped our climb immensely. Gig 'em.
If you think A&M isnt a blue chip program in football or baseball you need to reexamine your sports brain. Blue Chip programs hire national title winning coaches from other schools and provide the resources and infrastructure to win big. We were not always a blue chip in either sport. We are now though and have been for a few years.
LB12Diamond
AG
Medaggie said:

How do some of you ever have peace in your life.

When your wife goes to work and a new hot guy is hired, are u going to stalker she is leaving me mode?

Get a life, there is no reason for your wife to leave you so worrying about it makes you look crazy and inferior.

When we fire a coach, no one in Austin is spending 20+ pages sweating it.

Relax, things will be ok. If your wife leaves u for a hot office guy then you didn't have a strong relationship anyways. Stay, he is here for a long time. Leave, and he never really wanted to be here.

It's a win win situation.

Some wife's do leave good situations. But it's bc they are *****es.

Schloss is not this way. He cool. But it seems some are bad at reading the room.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.