SCHLOSS IS STAYING

195,740 Views | 1132 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Tex117
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's horrible timing and a bad look on the surface for Zane……..but Schloss could've put this to bed days ago with a simple "hell no I'm not going anywhere, KMA". It's not like this whole thing just popped up this morning. Everybody knew Pierce was out the door weeks ago and that Schloss and CDC have a relationship

Look Coach…….we all want you to stay, like you wouldn't believe. You've clearly proven your worth to everybody. Aggieland loves you and respects the hell out of you. But don't put it on Zane that he was the first to ask the inevitable. This question should've been retired days ago. I guess in this day of agent-driven innuendos and PR gamesmanship that's an impossibility
Heisenberg01
AG
I think the nickname Big Shooter has gone to Zane's head. I don't think Zane realizes what we all know, it's not a term of flattery or endearment that Schloss calls him that.
GarryowenAg
AG
AgPowerUser said:

It is a selfish question. He is upset by the loss and how it impacts the young men on his team. Not pandering to the media. I respect his response.

AND someone said he was divorced because he said he left his family for this job. His is not divorced but he physically left them in Fort Worth to take the A&M coaching job.
As someone who lives minutes from TCU and knows a lot of BMFs, I can most certainly say this is not very accurate at all.
RED AG 98
AG
suburban cowboy said:

Nothing wrong with the question.

Schloss could have politely stated that he isn't leaving.

Emotional night…
People tend to be emotional after having just competed in something they've wanted for a season or several decades. That's why it was wrong in that time.
agswin1988
AG
agshark92 said:

Texas never had a chance, but even if they did, you really think that a coach would ever go to a school that announced the firing of their coach the same day their target is playing for a national championship. That is the ultimate diss. There's no way in hell Schloss was ever going there, but he certainly isn't after they try to F up his national championship.
and probably pissed him off and motivated him even more to destroy the horns any chance he gets. I wish he would have just come out and said screw them
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Not a great question to ask. At the same time, a reporters job isn't to ask nice questions or to avoid subjects that may be uncomfortable - it's to ask questions that people want to know about. Schloss can be pissed - probably a very fair response....but that doesn't mean the reporter wasn't doing his job as well.

Sometimes both guys can be doing what they're supposed to and not see eye to eye about it. I don't really buy the idea that reporters - even those at TexAgs - have an obligation to only ask tough questions when convenient for all parties.

Until it is settled, this is going to be a big lingering question. Schloss gets paid a crap ton of money to coach a game. He can handle some frustrating questions, I'm sure.
OutdoorAg
AG
Serious Lee said:

people get pissed at olin and BZ for lobbing softballs and never asking jimbo,buzz etc. the tough questions. now someone finally has the stones to ask what everyone is wondering and its rude.

I get what you're saying, but right after losing the national championship by 1 run might not be the best time.
FTAG 2000
AG
JR Ewingford said:

Silent For Too Long said:

There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.

And you know this how? Him and that tool Del Conte are good friends. There is smoke to this. Lets hope he stays here

That's sip propaganda. Would your best friend leak their job opening the day you are playing for the title? If you are wondering the answer to that watch his response.
StinkyPinky
AG
Zero issue with his response. That's my coach. Gig 'em Schloss!
themissinglink
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

I'm curious what Schloss means by leaving his family to come to A&M? Is that a literal thing? Honestly, I don't know much about him other than what he has done with his baseball program.
His son and daughter were I think still in DFW. I think his son is now in Nashville. No idea on his daughter.

He had also been there long enough that he was a big part of the Ft Worth community (though I think there were some fractures from the divorce that drove him to Aggieland).
Justice Beaver
AG
dixichkn said:

It's horrible timing and a bad look on the surface for Zane……..but Schloss could've put this to bed days ago with a simple "hell no I'm not going anywhere, KMA". It's not like this whole thing just popped up this morning. Everybody knew Pierce was out the door weeks ago and that Schloss and CDC have a relationship

Look Coach…….we all want you to stay, like you wouldn't believe. You've clearly proven your worth to everybody. Aggieland loves you and respects the hell out of you. But don't put it on Zane that he was the first to ask the inevitable. This question should've been retired days ago. I guess in this day of agent-driven innuendos and PR gamesmanship that's an impossibility

There wasn't even a coaching vacancy there until about 12 hours ago.
You want our HC that's playing for a National Title to come out and make a public statement about a hypothetical coaching vacancy at our rival?
RED AG 98
AG
and here's the orange media... god i hate them so very much and this guy is among the worst offenders

FTAG 2000
AG
Clarence would suck Bevo off if the handlers would allow it.
Onionman
RED AG 98 said:

suburban cowboy said:

Nothing wrong with the question.

Schloss could have politely stated that he isn't leaving.

Emotional night…
People tend to be emotional after having just competed in something they've wanted for a season or several decades. That's why it was wrong in that time.
Heck, we (posters) are even emotional on here tonight.

I don't think the timing was the best. But at the same time reporters have a job to do. Those acting like the reporter should have been punched is ridiculous, IMO.
RED AG 98
AG
Oh I'm well aware. It's been so nice not having them around. After tonight that is officially over.
LB12Diamond
AG
So yes

You are trying to justify things. Understood.

As I stated in prior posts. Rise above it. Schloss has earned Aggie reporters to show him some respect.
dixichkn
AG
Officially, no there wasn't a vacancy until today. But it's been the worst kept secret for a looooong time now. Isn't like today was the first time it'd been floated out there. Yes it's on classless f***ing sip for being 100% on brand and trying to make it about them when the spotlight is shining as brightly as possible on us. You KNEW that was coming. And there was a time years ago when that idea would've been squashed as soon as it came out of the very first mouth. But as I said earlier, this is a new day where agents and money control the narrative. Can't speak freely lest you not get that big raise or extension. I hate it. But it is what it is.
bizag07
Quote:

AND someone said he was divorced because he said he left his family for this job. His is not divorced but he physically left them in Fort Worth to take the A&M coaching job.
You have no idea about what you're talking about.

I literally walked his house, 3 times, that was for sale in Mar of 2021, after Kami had long since moved out and moved to Fairmount. And everyone knew why that house was for sale. Which was well before he came to A&M.

Jackson was an upperclassman at TCU (not living in that house), and Kati was already living in Dallas.
WestHoustonAg79
JDCAG (NOT Colin) said:

Not a great question to ask. At the same time, a reporters job isn't to ask nice questions or to avoid subjects that may be uncomfortable - it's to ask questions that people want to know about. Schloss can be pissed - probably a very fair response....but that doesn't mean the reporter wasn't doing his job as well.

Sometimes both guys can be doing what they're supposed to and not see eye to eye about it. I don't really buy the idea that reporters - even those at TexAgs - have an obligation to only ask tough questions when convenient for all parties.

Until it is settled, this is going to be a big lingering question. Schloss gets paid a crap ton of money to coach a game. He can handle some frustrating questions, I'm sure.

Tough territory for the situation with a young media guy who was trying to capitalize when he saw this was "his moment" But he whiffed hard. About as bad as you can get imho. Nuff said.
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

So yes

You are trying to justify things. Understood.

As I stated in prior posts. Rise above it.
What am I trying to justify?

I understand why the question was asked (even though bad time for it). People want to know the answer.

Please explain and tell me again how obtuse I am.

MagnumLoad
RED AG 98 said:

and here's the orange media... god i hate them so very much and this guy is among the worst offenders

It's because of the low life crap they do.
usmcbrooks
JR Ewingford said:

Silent For Too Long said:

There is zero chance Schloss leaves A&M for Austin.

Any poster who says otherwise is either an under cover sip or was dropped on the head too much as a kid.

And you know this how? Him and that tool Del ****e are good friends. There is smoke to this. Lets hope he stays here
Can you provide a link or newsletter please?
LB12Diamond
AG
Well crap

Maybe you are just obtuse

Have a goodnight. There are several posts on this thread, not just mine that can help educate you if you strive to grow. Go back and read all them for understanding if you can.
MagnumLoad
It was not an unfair question, and should have been put to rest earlier by our admin if not coach. Scum bags in Austin are to blame, but if it's not true, quash it early on and don't let it grow.
davido
AG
tbrooksv said:

so Montgomery is staying too

No dummy, they're both moving to Austin. Pay attention!
aggiepaintrain
AG
It was "slide" not "sign"

and there is no way in hell Coach is leaving, he will be taken care of.
Onionman
LB12Diamond said:

Well crap

Maybe you are just obtuse

Have a goodnight. There are several posts on this thread, not just mine that can help educate you if you strive to grow. Go back and read all them for understanding if you can.
Wow, what a helpful nice response.

Telling people not to be selfish in your post above and then calling me obtuse 2 times. Pot meet kettle. So proud of yourself for being so good while ripping on others opinions.

(Edit: You have a good nite too. I am just angry from results today so not in mood to debate with someone calling me names.)
12thMan9
AG
Not staying.
Ronnie '88
clem93
AG
Clarence Hill is a tool. He's still pissed that Schloss left TCU.

There might not be a bigger pot stirrer in the media.
12thMan9
AG
Not staying.
Ronnie '88
yell_on_6th st
AG
bizag07 said:

Quote:

You have no idea about what you're talking about.

I literally walked his house, 3 times, that was for sale in Mar of 2021, after Kami had long since moved out and moved to Fairmount. And everyone knew why that house was for sale. Which was well before he came to A&M.

Jackson was an upperclassman at TCU (not living in that house), and Kati was already living in Dallas.

Say what you want to say or sthu
Agsttt
The Weast Side of Kyle said:

Richard Zane just took a bullet for us by asking the question. Schloss was PISSED that his loyalty to A&M could even be questioned and stormed out of the press conference

People need to settle down about this. There would have been a ton of shock if someone had not asked this question. Schloss was still upset over the loss. The question was not as over-the-top inappropriate as some people are trying to make it out to be. He said himself, he knew the reporter had to ask it. They was ONE GUY doing his job by asking a question. No one in Aggieland is questioning his loyalty and neither was the guy who asked the question. Additionally, he has a relationship with the Texas AD dating back to their days together at TCU. It's a similar dynamic to the one that existed between Woodward and Fisher.

He gave an honest answer and firmly put the matter to bed. This beats the hell out of nervous speculating for the next few days. It should (read: will) shut up the talking heads during that.
Who?mikejones!
Okie dokie
davido
AG
FTAG 2000 said:

Clarence would suck Bevo off if the handlers would allow it.

I heard that he did anyway.
rsf0626
The reporter was literally doing his job. Zero problems with him asking the question because people want to know

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.