CSHS Baseball Making the Rounds on Twitter

20,742 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sq 17
stallion6
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TarponChaser said:

CampingAg said:

Of course there's the Jeff Frye crowd all the way over on one side, and the "Let players do/say whatever they want" crowd all the way on the other side, when the correct way to act is somewhere in the middle with lines blurred more and more every day.

As a coach I can attest to the fact that things have gotten pretty out of hand regarding respect for the opponent. So many kids have a complete inability to channel their competitiveness the proper way. It's turned into "how can I make the opponent look bad?"

Meh.

Some of it was a bit much but the vast majority I see kids being passionate.
Wow. That is a unique take. Maybe you will be "concerned" when they throw punches?
gettingitdone
Rudder was ballsy enough to play a varsity schedule when they first opened.
HometownAg22
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

HometownAg22 said:

Also for any of you in this thread attacking the parents of the players and saying "look who is in the crowd, that tells you all you need to know". Seriously? Most of those people are Aggies all the same as you. Bad bull on you.

Being an Aggie means absolutely jack squat when it comes to this behavior. Who cares if we went to the same school? This stuff is happening because coaches and parents haven't stopped it.
You say this but not a single one of the kids who did anything wrong are Aggies. I won't stand by while Aggies bash random parents in the stands who have done nothing wrong. They weren't there and have no clue of the situation. Judging every single parent who had kids go to CSHS is showing blind hate and ignorance. It's bad bull. The fact you all continue to back up these comments is embarrassing.
cevans_40
AG
stallion6 said:

TarponChaser said:

CampingAg said:

Of course there's the Jeff Frye crowd all the way over on one side, and the "Let players do/say whatever they want" crowd all the way on the other side, when the correct way to act is somewhere in the middle with lines blurred more and more every day.

As a coach I can attest to the fact that things have gotten pretty out of hand regarding respect for the opponent. So many kids have a complete inability to channel their competitiveness the proper way. It's turned into "how can I make the opponent look bad?"

Meh.

Some of it was a bit much but the vast majority I see kids being passionate.
Wow. That is a unique take. Maybe you will be "concerned" when they throw punches?

Come on. A 3rd baseman running all the way from 3rd to home to taunt a kid who was thrown out at the plate is just good old fashioned passion.
Tex100
AG
CampingAg said:

LukeDuke said:

CampingAg said:

I blame Tik tok and select baseball. Look at me culture.

You're blaming select baseball?

That's a bit of a reach don't you think?

The culture that emanates from the majority of select baseball organizations, yes I am.
I never saw any of that.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Just seems like an intense ball game.

I acted like a d bag too when I was 17.
LB12Diamond
AG
The Good Aggieboy19 said:

LB41Diamond said:

Last years CS was in a 7v7 tournament my sons team was in. Definitely the worst parent I had seen in a long time. He actually was flagged by the refs.

You probably have the wrong team. I was at every tournament and that never happened

No
It was at the tournament in Conroe.
CS lost their first game to Lamar. The Lamar players were excited and celebrated. This parent started yelling at the team over and over making a scene.

Then in their game later that evening. There was call in the end zone that went against CS. I was sitting right there and this same parent started cussing out the ref and the flag was throne. He had to leave the stadium.

Anyway, maybe There's just this one bad parent. But did not see anything like this at any other games all season.
Alpha Texan
AG
Okay, if none of these kids grew up in families with Aggies for parents, then you're right, and I apologize for assuming that was the case. The behavior is still bush league, but if they aren't from Aggie families, I don't feel as embarrassed about how the lazy parents' kids are behaving.
rossuvet12
AG
Should be a fun playoff series this weekend!

College Station vs Brenham

Any idea why Colege Station is playing their home game in Navasota?
dcrumpler1996
Complete bull crap with CSHS having to play in Navasota on Thursday, then in Brenham on Friday, and in Mumford on Saturday, if needed. And I'm a Consol parent.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Going to be a fun series
KaneIsAble
AG
That was the CSHS choice.
Sq 17
Why is it that CSHS chooses to play at Navasota ?
cevans_40
AG
Sq 17 said:

If I had to guess...turf. I find it comical how many people prefer to play baseball on carpet vs dirt and grass.
TarponChaser
cevans_40 said:

Sq 17 said:

If I had to guess...turf. I find it comical how many people prefer to baseball on carpet vs dirt and grass.

They just passed a bond issue here in Humble ISD that will turf all the HS baseball fields. The coaches like it because it prevents them from losing practice days due to weather and reduces their maintenance costs.

I'm torn because I truly believe baseball belongs on grass and think kids learn to be better fielders by dealing with the bad hops on poorly maintained grass fields. But then there are some who think the true hops from turf are better because you don't end up taking bad hops in the teeth and getting shy.
cevans_40
AG
TarponChaser said:

cevans_40 said:

Sq 17 said:

If I had to guess...turf. I find it comical how many people prefer to baseball on carpet vs dirt and grass.

They just passed a bond issue here in Humble ISD that will turf all the HS baseball fields. The coaches like it because it prevents them from losing practice days due to weather and reduces their maintenance costs.

I'm torn because I truly believe baseball belongs on grass and think kids learn to be better fielders by dealing with the bad hops on poorly maintained grass fields. But then there are some who think the true hops from turf are better because you don't end up taking bad hops in the teeth and getting shy.

I coach softball and I can't stand the stuff. But I am also not lazy when it comes to working on the field. And anybody who says it's cheaper is a damn liar.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
I wonder if it had to do with a 1 vs 3 game series
TarponChaser
No mowing, no fertilizing, no watering, only need to paint the lines every couple years, no wages to groundskeepers. What am I missing?
powerbelly
AG
TarponChaser said:

No mowing, no fertilizing, no watering, only need to paint the lines every couple years, no wages to groundskeepers. What am I missing?
You have to replace the turf about every 10 years. It is not a money saving move for most schools.

IMO it only makes sense if the baseball field is also used for something like football practice.
TarponChaser
powerbelly said:

TarponChaser said:

You have to replace the turf about every 10 years. It is not a money saving move for most schools.

IMO it only makes sense if the baseball field is also used for something like football practice.

Maybe so. I do know the coaches here wanted it to cut down on practice days lost to weather.
rossuvet12
AG
They would rather play a playoff game on a turf field within twenty miles of the town they are playing against than play on their home field? Hard to comprehend.
96ags
AG
The turf vs grass conversation comes down to the financing methods employed by school districts.

A school can issue a bond for a big outlay of cash easier than they can/will free up annual M&O money.

Therefore, $1,000,000 tag on to a bond issuance every 10 years is much easier to come up with than $100,000/yr. for maintenance.

Like it or not, turf is the way forward for any public financed entity.
Brenham Ag 15
AG
We won the flip.
merc
AG
I don't have a dog in this fight but thought it was interesting because I just heard someone talking about moving their kid out of CS high this week and the main reason was the other parents.
rossuvet12
AG
Brenham Ag 15 said:

We won the flip.

I get that but winning the flip doesn't decide where they will play their home game
Brenham Ag 15
AG
CS stadium isn't big enough to host us.
rossuvet12
AG
Brenham Ag 15 said:

CS stadium isn't big enough to host us.

Makes sense. It's going to be another great Friday night at Fireman's Park! I've been really impressed with the students showing up this season.
Brenham Ag 15
AG
It's gonna be a great series. Atmosphere is gonna be awesome at Fireman's Park Friday night.
CampingAg
AG
If cared for properly turf is almost the same amount of work as natural. But most coaches are lazy and don't care for it properly (I.e. after every game and practice) so they think turf = easier.
HometownAg22
AG
My favorite high school field to play on when I was at CSHS. Amazing view
Air Force Ags
AG
According to my son, CSHS chose Navasota because the wind typically blows out there. The wind hardly ever blows out at CSHS unless out of the WNW to NW direction.
HometownAg22
AG
Can confirm the wind Almost always blows in hard at CSHS.
Air Force Ags
AG
Which negates some of our power hitters' impact on game. Our pitching is at a pretty high level to avoid HR's even with wind blowing out.
Air Force Ags
AG
As a CSHS baseball parent of a sophomore, I wish Brenham all the best in this huge Round 3 series and I sincerely hope that both players and parents can have passion that does NOT disrespect the other team, but is rather focused on their team and celebrating with them in a positive manner. I am fairly certain everyone learned a valuable lesson in late April and will not happen again.

Go COUGS!
cevans_40
AG
96ags said:

The turf vs grass conversation comes down to the financing methods employed by school districts.

A school can issue a bond for a big outlay of cash easier than they can/will free up annual M&O money.

Therefore, $1,000,000 tag on to a bond issuance every 10 years is much easier to come up with than $100,000/yr. for maintenance.

Like it or not, turf is the way forward for any public financed entity.

So they are only doing the football field evey 10 years?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.