CSHS Baseball Making the Rounds on Twitter

20,767 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sq 17
96ags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brenham Ag 15 said:

I'm an assistant baseball coach at Brenham and this was the biggest game of the season for both teams. Both teams were tied for second in district going into Friday and a loss would drop the losing team to tied for 4th. That's why the game was so emotional. Brenham won 10-4 in 12 innings.
Brenham battling to be in 4th place in district???

Wow how that program has fallen. Guess Lanny wasn't the problem after all.
Alpha Texan
AG
Sometimes baseball is just like that. So many varsity players don't make it to baseball practice until March that a lot of teams may not be in top form through the first few weeks of district play while those guys knock off rust.

I see more 3 or 4 seeds playing baseball in the 3rd round and beyond of the playoffs than any other HS sport.
96ags
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Sometimes baseball is just like that. So many varsity players don't make it to baseball practice until March that a lot of teams may not be in top form through the first few weeks of district play while those guys knock off rust.

I see more 3 or 4 seeds playing baseball in the 3rd round and beyond of the playoffs than any other HS sport.
Yeah, that's really not the case there, especially with a basketball team that didn't make the playoffs.. That program use to be the pride of the whole community.
Hydro25
AG
I don't blame the first CSHS pitcher for the celebration considering Brenham was throwing racist insults at him
96ags
AG
Hydro25 said:

I don't blame the first CSHS pitcher for the celebration considering Brenham was throwing racist insults at him
Had to know this was coming.
Aggies2009
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Trashing select baseball, which some people send 50 weeks a year and tens of thousands of dollars a year on….check.

Watchlisted

I don't think this is some big moral gotcha that you think it is. Playing any sport for 50 weeks a year is not good. More and more kids are getting into college with broken down bodies because they didn't mix things up and use other motor skills.
Alpha Texan
AG
huh. I hadn't ever really thought of that. Is that a thing if you're all baseball? I would think that your body would be better off playing baseball year around than picking up 4 months of football, but I also picked up A LOT of injuries playing baseball year around. I would kind of think that as long as you shut your arm down for a couple of months in the year to allow any inflammation to cool off, that would be the healthiest you can stay.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Aggies2009 said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Trashing select baseball, which some people send 50 weeks a year and tens of thousands of dollars a year on….check.

Watchlisted

I don't think this is some big moral gotcha that you think it is. Playing any sport for 50 weeks a year is not good. More and more kids are getting into college with broken down bodies because they didn't mix things up and use other motor skills.

There's no "moral gotcha" in my post. My post is purely just recognizing that this thread was going to get emotional and and be a long thread that was worth watching because of the things I listed. I don't have a side on this thread, just enjoying the back and forth between people.
canaAg12
AG
Colt98 said:

It was a rivalry with massive playoff implications. From the assistant coach above.
I don't understand this argument. So because it is a big game, it excuses the actions of the players? The actions in this video is why we saw a pitcher tackle a hitter rounding the bases last week. You can play with emotion, but to be great, you can not get too high or too low. I get the celebrating big moments, but when did coaches and parents start allowing these behaviors to occur? My players are not allowed to act like this. They come sit with me if they do.
mwm
Thank you, Coach. We need more like you.
Aggies2009
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Aggies2009 said:

RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Watchlisted

There's no "moral gotcha" in my post. My post is purely just recognizing that this thread was going to get emotional and and be a long thread that was worth watching because of the things I listed. I don't have a side on this thread, just enjoying the back and forth between people.
My apologies!
Aggie1188
Looks immature. They seem to think the stuff they did (hit or get a strikeout) is way cooler than it is. Baseball is a system game with tons of tiny things adding up. It's a little goofy to overly-celebrate every little thing to that extent.
Aggies2009
AG
Alpha Texan said:

huh. I hadn't ever really thought of that. Is that a thing if you're all baseball? I would think that your body would be better off playing baseball year around than picking up 4 months of football, but I also picked up A LOT of injuries playing baseball year around. I would kind of think that as long as you shut your arm down for a couple of months in the year to allow any inflammation to cool off, that would be the healthiest you can stay.
It's a huge deal if you're all any sport, not just with baseball. Overuse of the same muscles is rough. With baseball it's more rough because a player is working one arm more than the other.

https://www.stack.com/a/5-reasons-college-coaches-love-recruiting-multi-sport-athletes/

College coaches love multi-sport athlete for the injury prevention aspect and others.

When I was training for my first marathon, I learned the importance of cross training (swimming and biking since they're low impact) just to mix up the muscle groups being used while getting more exercise. An hour of swimming between long runs felt AMAZING.
HartHall65
AG
RikkiTikkaTagem said:

Judging other peoples actions on their own morals…check
Trashing an entire demographic (CSHS parents) who likely post here….check
Trashing social media….check

Watchlisted

50 weeks a year? I love baseball but that would've made me miserable in high school.
Alpha Texan
AG
Interesting, great read. Thanks!
CampingAg
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Alpha Texan said:

It's a huge deal if you're all any sport, not just with baseball. Overuse of the same muscles is rough. With baseball it's more rough because a player is working one arm more than the other.

https://www.stack.com/a/5-reasons-college-coaches-love-recruiting-multi-sport-athletes/

College coaches love multi-sport athlete for the injury prevention aspect and others.

When I was training for my first marathon, I learned the importance of cross training (swimming and biking since they're low impact) just to mix up the muscle groups being used while getting more exercise. An hour of swimming between long runs felt AMAZING.
powerbelly
AG
CampingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Alpha Texan said:

It is a great point but that graphic isn't totally accurate. Stafford quit baseball to focus on football after freshman year. He also played basketball as a freshman.
Aggies2009
AG
CampingAg said:

Aggies2009 said:

Alpha Texan said:

Wow. Exaggerated or not, this is very interesting.
Aggies2009
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Interesting, great read. Thanks!
It's incredible how far sports science has come even in the last 10-20 years. Very interesting stuff. Glad you enjoyed it.
Buford T. Justice
AG
It shows the difference between great athlete and refined baseball player.
Mister Mystery Guest

If there haven't already been a thousand examples for how you can make yourself look pretty dumb when you don't keep your emotions and body language in check, good people of all ages do make mistakes so hopefully it hits home this time. I personally know two of the kids that were made to look bad by the limited scope of this video and they are very good, hard-working, and mannerly young men. ("The apple doesn't fall far from the tree." Their parents are outstanding people as well.) And though I don't know him personally, I know enough about the swordsman to know he's a very, very good young man as well and had never in his life done anything quite like that on a baseball field before. There was a lot that happened during the game that (for some peculiar reason) didn't make the video, especially the crap (mostly verbal and gestures but also flying projectiles, one hitting a position player in the face) that was dished out by the fans, players, and even a coach of the opposing team. And I'm more affiliated with Consol than I am CSHS, by the way, before you jump to conclusions. Still, lessons to be learned and I just showed this video and this three-page TexAgs thread to my youth player to make sure he understands ahead of time how easy it is for someone to put together a video or photograph that mostly/only tells part of the story and then disseminate it for the whole world to see and have yourself painted in the worst possible light and then have to sit by and watch the world criticize you and conclude you're a much worse person than you really are. I hate that these boys slipped up a little bit but it provided an opportunity to show my son that negative body language can be used against him.
alamoaggie64
AG
Was the blue team College Station High or were they in black? Blue team seemed to be a lot worse than the black team.
HometownAg22
AG
That would be purple and how in the world could you discern that from a 40 second video clip lol. CSHS is purple
Colt98
AG
My son played all of his select ball (8yrs.)with at least 6 of Brenham starters. Some of those guys were in that video, non made disrespectful gestures. I think csh looked like fools with their actions, and baseball rewarded them with a massive L. I'm all for guys talking smack, but there is a line you don't cross.
Mister Mystery Guest
Like racist jokes and opposing fans throwing stuff at players? What side of the line are those things on?
Colt98
AG
Curious what racist jokes where said? Racist is different depending on the snowflake listening... hey I don't have a dog in the fight.. I really don't care, but the cs kids looked like major Dooucebags in the video. I'm sure the brenham kids weren't saints.
Hydro25
AG
They called an Asian CSHS pitcher sushi boy, yelled at him to paint their nails, and were barking at him. Sounds racist to me.
Mister Mystery Guest
Amazing to me that it might be "snowflake" to respond to that with a sword … but it's not snowflake to be offended by the sword. Honestly, I hate to continue on because I don't want these kids to be put anymore in the spotlight over this. Brenham kids were saying anti-Aggie / F-Aggie stuff to the future A&M pitcher on the CSHS team, yet Aggies on here are more inclined to defend Brenham just because the video was selectively edited.
swimmerbabe11
love Tom House.

this is a great post.
swimmerbabe11
Hydro25 said:

They called an Asian CSHS pitcher sushi boy, yelled at him to paint their nails, and were barking at him. Sounds racist to me.

the umpires and coaches would 100% be at fault for allowing this to continue.
Aggies2009
AG
Hydro25 said:

The problem is that this is all hearsay.

There IS video of the CSHS players acting like punks.

I see/hear none of the "racism" that is being claimed. If it's out there, I'm open to seeing it.
alamoaggie64
AG
"how in the world could you discern that from a 40 second video clip lol."

Hometown Ag, because they were the ones doing all the mouthing. Pretty easy, even in 40 seconds.
HometownAg22
AG
It's a spliced up clip. Brenham kid threw up a piece sign crossing home and did a thumbs down toward the CSHS dugout after hitting a double. Doesn't make a team better or worse than the either because of talking crap.

I realize you are referring to who is talking worse not talent wise. That's clearly CSHS, most of the video focuses on them. But neither side is in the clear
LukeDuke
AG
CampingAg said:

LukeDuke said:

CampingAg said:

I blame Tik tok and select baseball. Look at me culture.

You're blaming select baseball?

That's a bit of a reach don't you think?

The culture that emanates from the majority of select baseball organizations, yes I am.

Even if select ball culture contributes to where the behavior comes from....the fact that it's happening on that field is all about what the coaches in that game are allowing over the course of the season.

Are running poles, playing time adjustments, and red faced colorful speeches not allowed by coaches anymore??!!

Or are you saying that the "select ball culture" you speak of is being embraced and permitted by some high school coaches as well?
LOYAL AG
AG
Whatever happened to beaning an opposing player when they had crossed the line? That's one of the elements of baseball policing itself. there was a time when showing up the other team meant a fastball in the back. Does that not happen anymore?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.