CSHS Baseball Making the Rounds on Twitter

20,746 Views | 197 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Sq 17
RikkiTikkaTagem
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Judging other peoples actions on their own morals…check
Trashing an entire demographic (CSHS parents) who likely post here….check
Trashing social media….check
Trashing select baseball, which some people send 50 weeks a year and tens of thousands of dollars a year on….check.

Watchlisted
swimmerbabe11
I mean, move that nonsense over to the R&P board. Literally everyone judges each other through their own moral standards.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean, move that nonsense over to the R&P board. Literally everyone judges each other through their own moral standards.

My post is literally a list of things that is going to make this a fun thread to watch hence the popcorn icon and "watchlisted". Everybody is going to see those actions in the video and see it differently based on what they did at that age or what their own kids do, and that leads to a lot of emotional based arguments, which is fun to watch imo.

Throw in trashing a whole group of parents from a school that has a ton of Aggies associated with it and this whole thread becomes a tinderbox. I don't have a particular side in all of this or even care about the argument. It's just interesting to see people argue on TexAgs and that's a common thing on every board.
Colt98
AG
I thought brenham players showed way more class in all of this. Sure there was a little banter from them but not the total disrespect for the game CS showed with all of the antics. Guess the baseball gods rewarded the Cubs with a massive lopsided victory by the end of the game. Funny how baseball does that!
McKelveysCurse
cajunaggie08 said:

the worst part of that video was the horrible music and tiktok style robot voice caption
Decent music is becoming more rare every day. SOOOOO much garbage out there.
CinchAG97
Colt98 said:

I thought brenham players showed way more class in all of this. Sure there was a little banter from them but not the total disrespect for the game CS showed with all of the antics. Guess the baseball gods rewarded the Cubs with a massive lopsided victory by the end of the game. Funny how baseball does that!

I'd love to know the whole story as someone who wasn't at the game. What caused the emotions to ramp up so high? Are we seeing initiation or reaction to previous actions?

The behavior is unacceptable, either way, but a video of snippets isn't telling the whole story. I'm sure of that.
Colt98
AG
It was a rivalry with massive playoff implications. From the assistant coach above.
Tavares19
AG
Only thing that bothered me was the sword thing. Everything else was fine. Just an emotional game

When Jozwiak threw the Horns down directly at the tu dugout last year not a soul on here was upset
Aggiehunt
AG
Who cares? Football players have some pretty flagrant celebrations after a score or a big play and nobody bats an eye. Everyone on this board thinks it's awesome when they see a player doing "horns down." Can we quit acting like baseball players can't show any emotion on the field? Can that unspoken rule go ahead and die out?

I think it's fun when the players show some fire and are having fun out there. You don't want them to celebrate like that? Shut them up on the scoreboard.
Velvet Jones
AG
What does any of this have to do with Texas A&M Baseball?

Colt98
AG
Well there are a few Aggie recruits in that game
CampingAg
AG
Colt98 said:

Well there are a few Aggie recruits in that game

Not to mention Max Childress.
CampingAg
AG
Colt98 said:

Most of the Brenham stuff appeared to be toward their own dugout. Most of the CS stuff appeared to be toward Brenham.
Mike Elko
AG
Buncha dorks playing. Parents, coaches, and umps should be ashamed.
Leander - Ag
AG
Brenham Ag 15 said:

I'm an assistant baseball coach at Brenham and this was the biggest game of the season for both teams. Both teams were tied for second in district going into Friday and a loss would drop the losing team to tied for 4th. That's why the game was so emotional. Brenham won 10-4 in 12 innings.

Glad Brenham won
HometownAg22
AG
Let me get something off my chest as a former CSHS kid. I played baseball at CSHS and was a part of the number 1 ranked team in the state. I can tell all of you that are losing your minds over their antics that they got told to run after this and most likely had to do conditioning. Get mad and complain all you want, it's a huge rivalry game with playoff implications and the stands were full. I can tell you with 100% certainty when we would play Consol or Bryan in baseball/football a lot worse than this went down and no one batted an eye. Take a look at any big leaguer in today's generation and ask yourself why this is happening.
HometownAg22
AG
Also for any of you in this thread attacking the parents of the players and saying "look who is in the crowd, that tells you all you need to know". Seriously? Most of those people are Aggies all the same as you. Bad bull on you.
bv86ag
AG
You cannot look at that video and justify any of that.
Rivalry game or not.
It's just a sign of what our future is as a nation completely losing self control and respect for each other.
Politics and sports...2 arenas that have lost touch with America.
cubbies25
AG
mwm said:

I recall one varsity game between AMC & BHS on the BHS campus. It was, maybe, 2005 or 2006 when I personally witnessed AMC players doing a whole lot worse than is shown in the video clip. Many of the parents in the stands that night were embarrassed & repulsed by the vulgar actions of 3-4 AMC players but, evidently, the coach didn't care. No discipline was imposed.

I happen to know, for a fact, that good college coaches watch the game for more than who can throw, catch & hit. They've got an eye on the player and how they act on the field to their teammates and opposing players. If there were college coaches there to observe the game in the video, very good players may have "struck out" in the recruitment game.
I can attest to being one of the coaches for AMC and in that dugout the whole time whichever year you choose...2005 and or 2006...I can honestly not recall any of the so-called vulgar actions by any of our players during these games...if and that is a big if, I can assure you that discipline was handed out for any actions that we as coaches deemed to be out of line...i can assure you that none of that happened!!
cubbies25
AG
Not to mention that I grew up in Bryan and graduated from BHS...rest assured, I knew as many parents in the stands from BHS as I knew from AMC....I would have surely known and or have been told by both sides if our kids were out of line...I would have been embarrassed beyond belief, but somehow don't recall any of that happening.
HometownAg22
AG
It's 16-18 year olds playing baseball. Relax dude. The game isn't the same as when you folk played 40 years ago. Same stuff that happens in any major league game. The only No No of this video is waving goodbye to a kid he picked off. The world isn't falling apart because of a high school baseball game
powerbelly
AG
No one is saying the world is falling apart.
Divining Rod
LSCSN said:

Kids do dumb stuff. Been that way forever. Can't imagine what it's like getting the urge to bag on 17 year olds on the internet.

That's a lazy response. This is a particular thread about a particular problem. We dont need moral relativism to bail them out. It wasnt always that way with kids before, and coaches and parents OUGHT to be handling that better- demanding a higher standard of conduct.
HometownAg22
AG
Too some of these Old Ags apparently it is. "The downfall of our nation" And to think people call my generation soft. LOL
Divining Rod
Texags Meltdown said:

Sports are emotional and they should be. Nothing wrong with any of that.

Isnt it amazing that for 70+ years somehow high school, college, and pro players played without any emotions. What losers.
mwm
I watched it with my own eyes. I had a player in the program with insight. I am guessing as to the exact year but it happened in that time frame.

Edit: the year was 2004.
cubbies25
AG
If I missed it, I am truly sorry. I would not have tolerated it.
BCSWguru
Divining Rod said:

LSCSN said:

Kids do dumb stuff. Been that way forever. Can't imagine what it's like getting the urge to bag on 17 year olds on the internet.

That's a lazy response. This is a particular thread about a particular problem. We dont need moral relativism to bail them out. It wasnt always that way with kids before, and coaches and parents OUGHT to be handling that better- demanding a higher standard of conduct.

Yeah they can't graduate soon enough and make it to the real world where absolutely nobody gives a flying rats *** about what they did in high school. kids do stupid stuff. Ask yourself why you care.
Alpha Texan
AG
I grew up wearing #2 because when my brothers and dad taught me to how to be a teammate, they would use Derek Jeter as the shining example. Make the play, act like you've made it before, get ready to make the next one. There's time to celebrate after 9 innings are done.

So. although that taunting wasn't my style, I've also got to say, I love a good celebration. And yet I don't love the taunting in this video. I gave up just one dinger in my career. The kid was committed to play in college and he looped one deep out left field. He got a nice lil bat flip in and went down the line. Didn't bother me. I'm flattered that he considered it such an accomplishment to get ahold of my pitch that he should celebrate it. My biggest moment of high school ball was coming in a bases loaded, no outs jam in a 1 run game in the playoffs when I came in relief. After we won that game, I was on the sports page of the newspaper stepping off the mound, howling at MY dugout. That's all I wanted after the win was to celebrate with MY team.

My rule is to do whatever you want, but it can't be directed at the opponent or delay the game.
dcrumpler1996
CSHS was much more subdued tonight squeaking by Consol. Only Max Childress acted like a ******bag tonight after striking out a Consol batter in the bottom of the 6th.

Binderup delivered a huge HR in the top of the 6th, and he will likely pitch on Friday. He is going to be a big time player for the Ags.

And the players in the video that were over the top already have signed their commitments to their college programs next year, including the pitcher putting away the sword and the hippie waving bye bye. Really surprised how much talent CSHS has on that team and only barely hanging onto the fourth playoff spot right now in district with needing to beat Consol again on Friday.
Buford T. Justice
AG
The journalistic process.
Telling a story based on facts and information.
Tik Tok and Twitter don't have that.
Buford T. Justice
AG
No, those kids in the video looked like jack assess.
Ags77
AG
Retired Coach and Athletic Director here. That kind of behavior is unacceptable and frankly embarrassing. It disrespects the opponent and it disrespects the game. The Coach has to teach the players that it's possible to have emotion and still play the game right. If the Coach allows it and doesn't correct it, then he or she needs to be corrected by their bosses.
Alpha Texan
AG
If I had done that, my coach would have me running "cycles," which is the equivalent of sprinting 6 miles with jogs in the middle for breaks, until midnight after the game. And then I'd need to walk 16 miles home because my parents wouldn't let me be seen with them after trying to put on that show.
SMM48
AG
Home plate ump has that pizazz

There is a time to let them chirp….and a time to just play ball.

Not enough context to go by.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.