Nebraska - Appears search is over, candidate not named

25,877 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozingAg
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so, um, Nebrasksa hasn't hired a coach yet?

seems pretty obvious they're waiting until after the CWS (or after a specific team is eliminated)
91AggieLawyer
AG
W said:

so, um, Nebrasksa hasn't hired a coach yet?

seems pretty obvious they're waiting until after the CWS (or after a specific team is eliminated)

Can't see any current CWS head coach jumping, so what possible assistant?
TAL06RES
AG
BoozingAg said:

I didn't say it was happening. I said I think it makes a lot of sense. If I'm wagering, with Woodward gone, RC got a soon to be announced one year extension.

Random Twitter folks claimed the search was over. That's not what is happening now. We're hearing from the best in the business that Bolt is the man. Btw, they haven't been wrong this offseason.

Listen to the right people and stop trying to make someone's nonsense report make sense because you want to.
SalesAg13
AG
themissinglink
AG
Cheveswayne1 said:

Our offense just got better.
Olsen
AG
So... Moos has cemented his legendary status as athletic director at Nebraska with this hire?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Thank God.
Chester
Congrats to Bolt!
Chester
evanpd16
A win win situation for both schools. Best of luck to bolt!!
Aggies2009
AG
evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Now who are we going to hire as a hitting coach? What hitting coach is going to come here knowing they may only be here for a year or two, given Childress's contract?
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggies2009 said:

evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Now who are we going to hire as a hitting coach? What hitting coach is going to come here knowing they may only be here for a year or two, given Childress's contract?

If the hitting coach does his job well RC won't be getting fired
Aggies2009
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Yeah, but you're asking a guy to come in to coach players he didn't recruit and turn things around immediately or be looking for a job in 2 years. We'll see. I'm hoping whoever takes the job turns things around and puts somewhat competent hitting on the field. With Lacy, Childress, Menefee, Roa, and others back, we could have a competitive team if our hitting is even average.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Yeah, but you're asking a guy to come in to coach players he didn't recruit and turn things around immediately or be looking for a job in 2 years. We'll see. I'm hoping whoever takes the job turns things around and puts somewhat competent hitting on the field. With Lacy, Childress, Menefee, Roa, and others back, we could have a competitive team if our hitting is even average.

Our offense can only get better at this point, just having a new voice alone will hopefully have an impact
Aggies2009
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Our offense can only get better at this point, just having a new voice alone will hopefully have an impact
Fair
TAL06RES
AG
Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggies2009 said:

evanpd16 said:

Yep.

Fair

Fresh eyes on them during the fall could be helpful as well. We really only need to hit .030 points higher as a team to be really dangerous with our pitching. The bar is about as low as it can be...
BoozingAg
TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

I didn't say it was happening. I said I think it makes a lot of sense. If I'm wagering, with Woodward gone, RC got a soon to be announced one year extension.

Random Twitter folks claimed the search was over. That's not what is happening now. We're hearing from the best in the business that Bolt is the man. Btw, they haven't been wrong this offseason.

Listen to the right people and stop trying to make someone's nonsense report make sense because you want to.

I gave reasons why it made sense. I didn't need reports from Twitter any more than I needed a condescending remark from you. Thanks.
BoozingAg
Would Bolt be returning if he hadn't got this gig I think is a valid ?
Luke The Drifter
AG
The new hitting coach may not have recruited the guys currently on the roster, but he'll get a crack at getting "his" guys in here pretty quickly. With JUCO transfers available and even D-I transfers available, a college baseball roster can be beefed up pretty quickly.

On the flip side, what about some great hitters who want to come to A&M, but refused to commit because of Bolt. Yea, the new guy may not have "his" guys on the roster immediately, but there are likely some players floating around out there that are itching to get to Olsen now that our offensive anchor dragging the boat down is gone.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
BoozingAg
I'm hoping we hire a hitting coach with no prior relationship with RC. I don't think that's what's going to happen but it needs to.
TAL06RES
AG
BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

I gave reasons why it made sense. I didn't need reports from Twitter any more than I needed a condescending remark from you. Thanks.

You brought it on yourself. You've beat this drum that Childress was going to leave for Nebraska since it was mentioned as a possibility. Even after people in the know reported otherwise.

It was a pipe dream from the start. It could have happened but there was clearly a point where it wasn't going to, namely when Childress himself said he wasn't leaving unless he was forced out.

Every single professional report has said exactly what happened. Only random trolls on the internet have said differently. Who was right?
NorCal
Good luck to Coach Bolt.

As for Nebraska, I'm not impressed with that hire.
A-A Ron
I know this is a major league team but it is an interesting prospective on what a new coaching regime can do for an offense (yes I know the twins was a complete new staff) but even changing one piece can ignite a spark.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26941983/how-relaxed-twins-rewriting-hr-hitting-history
twk
AG
BoozingAg said:

I'm hoping we hire a hitting coach with no prior relationship with RC. I don't think that's what's going to happen but it needs to.
If he hires a guy who had success in the SEC this year, would it matter if he had a prior relationship with Rob?
mwm
My take is that the new AD brings someone with him from MS...former Aggie assistant Mike Clement who has done well every place he has been.
BoozingAg
TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

You brought it on yourself. You've beat this drum that Childress was going to leave for Nebraska since it was mentioned as a possibility. Even after people in the know reported otherwise.

It was a pipe dream from the start. It could have happened but there was clearly a point where it wasn't going to, namely when Childress himself said he wasn't leaving unless he was forced out.

Every single professional report has said exactly what happened. Only random trolls on the internet have said differently. Who was right?

I didn't say he was going to leave.

I hoped he would.

djktamu
AG
With the promise that in two years he takes over?
TAL06RES
AG
BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

I hoped he would.

I don't blame you for hoping. But you also refused to face reality when it wasn't happening. As recent as on this thread no less. You coming up with a nonsensical theory and "hoping" it's true even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Come on man... you went overboard.
nortex97
AG
Seems like a nice guy, it's just a shame he can't recruit/coach batters. Good luck.
mwm
If he can get the offense moving in the right direction, sure. Why not?
BoozingAg
TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

I hoped he would.

I don't blame you for hoping. But you also refused to face reality when it wasn't happening. As recent as on this thread no less. You coming up with a nonsensical theory and "hoping" it's true even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Come on man... you went overboard.

He obviously loves Nebraska. He owns land there. His daughter just graduated from there. He went to that graduation and missed a game for it. He recruits there. They had a job opening. His seat is getting really warm where he's at. He's only got two years left on his existing contract. They would've given him a giant guaranteed contract. I wasn't alone in this thinking.

You're not nearly as smart as you're trying to convince yourself of, and I've been dead on about RC for several years now.

Go get your shine box.

This is going to wind up one of two ways.

RC at least gets close to a national championship.

Or he gets fired.

Which do you think is more likely at this point?

You want a wager? Let's wager on that.
drthoop
AG
Bolt was not the hitting coach. Nothing will change.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
BoozingAg
drthoop said:

Bolt was not the hitting coach. Nothing will change.

Does anyone really think this time a change of assistants will change a damn thing?
drthoop
AG
Nope.
Tom Hooper '82,'84,'86---- College Station, Texas
jkag89
Where is there any sort of proof that the Huskers were offering RC a "giant guaranteed contract" or at least enough with enough years to walk away from what is left on his A&M contract? Keep in mind he is not likely to remain unemployed if fired by the Ags.

Beyond your wishful thinking, what makes you think RC next year needs to get the Ags "close" to a NC to remain at A&M following next season? And how close is close? Getting to Omaha? Winning a game or two? Needs to get to the Championship series?
BoozingAg
No no no

Nice try as usual trying to mix my words

I didn't say anything about next year being close to a NC. It was pretty clear I meant at any point.

Wager is open to you to, of all people

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.