Nebraska - Appears search is over, candidate not named

25,855 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozingAg
technoviking
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BoozingAg said:

No no no

Nice try as usual trying to mix my words

I didn't say anything about next year being close to a NC. It was pretty clear I meant at any point.

Wager is open to you to, of all people

What odds are you offering?
BoozingAg
Odds. Perfect. Why do you need odds? Do you not think RC will have us competing for a NC with Bolt's replacement?
technoviking
AG
BoozingAg said:

Odds. Perfect.

So you wanted to do a 1:1 bet on getting close to winning the World Series? You must really think highly of RC. Surprising, given how much you've dogged on him all this time.
technoviking
AG
BoozingAg said:

Odds. Perfect. Why do you need odds? Do you not think RC will have us competing for a NC with Bolt's replacement?

Why do you need odds in sports betting? Hmmm..... goodnight.
BoozingAg
Ok so you're not willing to bet RC will:

Win the SEC west

Earn another National seed

Make the semis of the CWS

Without odds.

TAL06RES
AG
BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

TAL06RES said:

BoozingAg said:

I didn't say it was happening. I said I think it makes a lot of sense. If I'm wagering, with Woodward gone, RC got a soon to be announced one year extension.

Random Twitter folks claimed the search was over. That's not what is happening now. We're hearing from the best in the business that Bolt is the man. Btw, they haven't been wrong this offseason.

Listen to the right people and stop trying to make someone's nonsense report make sense because you want to.

I gave reasons why it made sense. I didn't need reports from Twitter any more than I needed a condescending remark from you. Thanks.

You brought it on yourself. You've beat this drum that Childress was going to leave for Nebraska since it was mentioned as a possibility. Even after people in the know reported otherwise.

It was a pipe dream from the start. It could have happened but there was clearly a point where it wasn't going to, namely when Childress himself said he wasn't leaving unless he was forced out.

Every single professional report has said exactly what happened. Only random trolls on the internet have said differently. Who was right?

I didn't say he was going to leave.

I hoped he would.

I don't blame you for hoping. But you also refused to face reality when it wasn't happening. As recent as on this thread no less. You coming up with a nonsensical theory and "hoping" it's true even in the face of evidence to the contrary. Come on man... you went overboard.

He obviously loves Nebraska. He owns land there. His daughter just graduated from there. He went to that graduation and missed a game for it. He recruits there. They had a job opening. His seat is getting really warm where he's at. He's only got two years left on his existing contract. They would've given him a giant guaranteed contract. I wasn't alone in this thinking.

You're not nearly as smart as you're trying to convince yourself of, and I've been dead on about RC for several years now.

Go get your shine box.

This is going to wind up one of two ways.

RC at least gets close to a national championship.

Or he gets fired.

Which do you think is more likely at this point?

You want a wager? Let's wager on that.

I've never claimed to be smart. However, I and everyone else paying attention knew that RC to Nebraska wasn't going to happen when RC clearly told Gabe that he wasn't leaving unless he was forced to leave. At that point, that's right when everyone should have known it wasn't going to happen.

We all know all the **** you listed. All of us. Except Nebraska didn't offer him anything to our knowledge, or if they did it wasn't enough to sway him (which means it wasn't any sort of giant contract). That was all wishful thinking. And again, perpetuating all that were some anonymous jokers on Twitter... oh, coaching search is over, oh maybe RC really is interested... after he straight up said otherwise. How ****ing hard is it to read?
Aggies2009
AG
BoozingAg said:

Win the SEC west

Without odds.

Do you know how sports betting works? When you're dealing with one team vs a field of teams, it's never 1:1. Hell, even Alabama football has never been a 1:1 favorite to win the SEC or National Championship and they're on the most dominant run of any team basically ever.
ColoradoMooseHerd
If you followed this thread or any of his rants, it should be very obvious that No, he does not understand how it works.
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

No no no

Nice try as usual trying to mix my words

I didn't say anything about next year being close to a NC. It was pretty clear I meant at any point.

Wager is open to you to, of all people
OK I misunderstood your post, however you do jump around a lot. There are posts by you stating it would be foolish for RC not to take the Huskers job and it guaranteed multi-year contract when he is probably going to be fired after next season. Of course that does not take into account that RC or Nebraska would have to forkover a buyout of well over $1 million.

As for the bet, do you really believe anyone is going to bite on a bet in which you will not be more specific on "close" to a National Championship?
jkag89
BoozingAg said:

Would Bolt be returning if he hadn't got this gig I think is a valid ?
Since he did get the Huskers job we will not see that situation play out, so again it will all be up for speculation which is right up your alley.
BoozingAg
Aggies2009 said:

BoozingAg said:

Win the SEC west

Without odds.

Do you know how sports betting works? When you're dealing with one team vs a field of teams, it's never 1:1. Hell, even Alabama football has never been a 1:1 favorite to win the SEC or National Championship and they're on the most dominant run of any team basically ever.

He didn't offer me odds on his bet either.

Do you want to take it? What kind of odds do you want? You've been the biggest RC cheerleader on this board, surely you don't need much odds, right?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.