***Official Childress or No Childress Thread***

22,445 Views | 206 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BoozingAg
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BoozingAg said:

You're not looking very hard then. He has ties to Nebraska that are mentioned all over this board

Right........... I guess, I'm less worried about childress having a spot to land than which coach A&M is going to replace him with.

Why is the timing perfect? Is there a coach that you would be happy with that is available and likely to move right now?
85AustinAg
AG
[url=https://twitter.com/CWS_247][[/url]
AggieBand2004
technoviking
AG
85AustinAg said:

[url=https://twitter.com/CWS_247][[/url]

Captain Pablo
AG
We don't have to hire a Jimbo or Buzz

Tadlock's only Head coaching experience before kicking ass at tech was Grayson Junior College

Tim Corbin's was Presbyterian College

Pat Casey was at George Fox, wherever the hell that is

AD just has to do his due diligence, be a good evaluator of coaching talent, and get the right guy, whoever that is,,,
JDay
Think about the situation two weeks ago. i find it hard to believe that an interim AD that is basically just a football coach is making moves to replace a baseball coach after winning a series agains Arkansas and being in really good position to host a regional. I would be shocked if there was even a little bit of truth to this. More likely a case of Twitter being Twitter.
trouble
AG
Yuuuuuuuup
twk
AG
JDay said:

Think about the situation two weeks ago. i find it hard to believe that an interim AD that is basically just a football coach is making moves to replace a baseball coach after winning a series agains Arkansas and being in really good position to host a regional. I would be shocked if there was even a little bit of truth to this. More likely a case of Twitter being Twitter.
Yes, that's got to be BS. Wouldn't surprise me if, before leaving, Woodward had some conversations with Casey about potential hires (which might have included seeing how much Casey is enjoying retirement), but there wasn't any job to offer.

If we had an opening, my guess is that someone in the department (morel likely Justin Moore than RC) would have to do all the legwork, but Bjork would make the final call.
technoviking
AG
JDay said:

I wouldn't be shocked at all If R.C. is doing all he can to make it happen. His kids are graduated. He's had a long career, has NU roots, still actively recruits from there and apparently has land there. Reading their boards, Childress would be considered a home run hire.

If that's the case then I hope our department has been doing their homework on a replacement.
DVC2010
AG
technoviking said:

JDay said:

I wouldn't be shocked at all If R.C. is doing all he can to make it happen. His kids are graduated. He's had a long career, has NU roots, still actively recruits from there and apparently has land there. Reading their boards, Childress would be considered a home run hire.

If that's the case then I hope our department has been doing their homework on a replacement.

Well at least we are using reliable sources.
Beau Holder
AG
Kendall has also indicated that Childress should be at the top of their board and would be a long shot but considered a grand slam for them.
DVC2010
AG
I know. I'm being a smartass.
technoviking
AG
DVC2010 said:

I know. I'm being a smartass.

I hear ya. I'm waiting for one of their moderators to drop some nuggets. But, I have a feeling this coaching situation will not be a high pressure situation, and produce corresponding leaks, compared to say the jimbo hiring. Notwithstanding the patronage of the Aggie and husker fanatics, of course.
85AustinAg
AG
technoviking
AG
85AustinAg said:

Goro Majima
AG
Boooo this man
histag10
AG
Wait, no longer a candidate because they couldnt pay up, or no longer a candidate because he is now officially a Husker?
Goro Majima
AG
histag10 said:

Wait, no longer a candidate because they couldnt pay up, or no longer a candidate because he is now officially a Husker?

You're giving me hope. Stop that.
BQ_90
AG
technoviking said:

85AustinAg said:

most appropriate gifs on this board in years.
technoviking
AG
From Nebraska AD on the search:

Quote:

"There's been solid interest," Moos said. "I firmly believe that in the coaching circles it's regarded as a real good job with a ton of potential and a lot of respect for what Darin and his staff did. I think we have good players on our roster. I think what we have are very good facilities, I think we play in a great conference with tremendous fan support. Our budget is competitive to say the least and it doesn't surprise me that we're starting to get some good interest from some very qualified head coaches.

I do believe that pitching is going to win your games for you and you have to have a good pitching staff," Moos said. "When we ran into our problems a year ago, it was because of injuries to the pitchers. You have to be able to manage the game well and certainly be a top-notch recruiter."

FWIW

He likes a good pitching staff...
Sananag
Time for a cool change. Got to be old like me to remember that one.
brockdgag86
Let him coach out his contract
Brockdgag86
aggietony2010
AG
Lots of smoke on premium that a move is going to be made. Nothing concrete, but those cryptic hints that usually mean something is going down.
ham98
Need to offer a raise and extension ASAP!!!! ASAP!!!!
Foxo
AG
Fire em, fire em fire em. How boring.
DGAG92
AG
How about we go get John Byington from McMurry University?
Class of 1992
TXAGBQ76
AG
Yeah, there is lots of smoke on the other dozen or so "official fire RC" threads. All of that smoke is from people who have nothing but wishful thinking. Gabe has consistently said RC isn't going to Nebraska- or anywhere else for that matter.
aggietony2010
AG
aggietony2010 said:

Lots of smoke on premium that a move is going to be made. Nothing concrete, but those cryptic hints that usually mean something is going down.

The smoke was from a very misleading (intentionally or unintentionally) post by Hop, where he literally said the money truck was being backed up to another address, which led to the rampant speculation.

Gabe made it pretty clear today that anyone other than Childress being our coach in 2020 would be a shock.
God save the Patriarchy!
TAL06RES
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

I love Byno. He's a great man. He is not cut out to coach at the D1 level.
DGAG92
AG
TAL06RES said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Says who? I think Big john would be a great coach and an even better ambassador for this program.
Class of 1992
Jock 07
AG
would you say that he gets A&M?
TAL06RES
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

TAL06RES said:

Dgrimesag92 said:

Says who? I think Big john would be a great coach and an even better ambassador for this program.

Well, you asked the question and I answered, so I guess I say so.

Great ambassador, no doubt in my mind. Great coach, yes. But at this level it's about a lot more than that. The grind of recruiting and being gone on the road for an increasing amount of time... it's just not his speed. I know John, been coached by him. He's a great Christian man. He's not a D1 baseball coach.

Beyond that, he's got a losing record at McMurry. And he took over a pretty good program.
BoozingAg
aggietony2010 said:

aggietony2010 said:

The smoke was from a very misleading (intentionally or unintentionally) post by Hop, where he literally said the money truck was being backed up to another address, which led to the rampant speculation.

Gabe made it pretty clear today that anyone other than Childress being our coach in 2020 would be a shock.

I don't think either of them know much, at least not enough to make Gabe's proclamation. If RC is back for 2020, I'm not sure how anyone can muster any preseason excitement. The window of opportunity to offload him to Nebraska is one that we are complete fools to have passed up, if that's in fact what happened. If we took advantage of it, good for us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.