*****Aggies vs. Duke-Morgantown Regional Friday*****

137,399 Views | 1464 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
John Dutton
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Have another beer...
W
AG
in the Childress era...A&M has now lost 4 regional openers:

2009, 2013, 2014, and 2019.

the 13 & 14 clubs were able to battle back and at least reach the first championship game. The 14 team forced a second one
BadMoonRisin
Average Joe
AG
Mooooon River said:

Aggie12B said:

Down by 7 going to the bottom of the 9th and we DID manage to get the tying runner to the plate. At least the team didn't give up like a lot of posters did beginning on page 5 of the thread

Sorry, but this team did give up. It showed in their effort. We were gifted the runs and a chance in the 9th inning.
I'm not sure the team actually gave up. I think that's just as good as they are.
BadMoonRisin
AG
I wish I had a drink in my hand.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Rongagin71
AG
The Duke could not be stopped...

https://www.bing.com/search?q=duke+of+earl&filters=ufn%3a%22gene+chandler+duke+of+earl%22+sid%3a%22180f61fe-1e13-fbf1-02d6-3bdc53dad98f%22&form=WNSGPH&qs=MB&cvid=4a4808068f3f4c9ab335547aecdf0988&pq=Duke+of+earl&cc=US&setlang=en-US&nclid=C0578234659E8FA90B413B56C2CC04D3&ts=1559436828588&wsso=Moderate
cdowl38
AG
W said:

the 13 & 14 clubs were able to battle back and at least reach the first championship game. The 14 team forced a second one
9-4 in Regional openers?
BanderaAg956
W said:

So none have made it out of the regional? Is that what you are saying?
75AG
AG
Average Joe said:

Mooooon River said:

Aggie12B said:

Down by 7 going to the bottom of the 9th and we DID manage to get the tying runner to the plate. At least the team didn't give up like a lot of posters did beginning on page 5 of the thread

Sorry, but this team did give up. It showed in their effort. We were gifted the runs and a chance in the 9th inning.
I'm not sure the team actually gave up. I think that's just as good as they are.
HBP and WPs.
evanpd16
Mooooon River said:

Aggie12B said:

No they didn't. 2 RBIs in the ninth doesn't say this team gave up. I can guarantee you our team didn't walk out today hoping they would lose. Guarantee you our batters mindset at the plate weren't "i'm gonna hit a ground ball to short". No team in the NCAA tournament wants to lose. It's like when you see a spoiled 7yr old, you don't blame the kid, you blame the parents who are teaching that kid. Bolt has got to go.
Texags Meltdown
AG
I think the ideal scenario is to hope WVU wins today, and loses to Duke tmrw. We pitch Roa/Weber vs. Fordham and then Lacy vs. WVU and then Weber/Roa then PBC to double dip Duke
W
AG
yes, it was essentially game over after dropping the opener.

very tough to come back and win 4 games in 3 days
cdowl38
AG
drevans956 said:

W said:

So none have made it out of the regional? Is that what you are saying?
And only the 2014 team made it to Monday
twk
AG
Texags Meltdown 2k18 said:

I think the ideal scenario is to hope WVU wins today, and loses to Duke tmrw. We pitch Roa/Weber vs. Fordham and then Lacy vs. WVU and then Weber/Roa then PBC to double dip Duke

We will pitch Asa tomorrow.
cdowl38
AG
twk said:

We will pitch Asa tomorrow.
I don't think it matters who we pitch as much as being able to score one run.
Evanhue
AG
Aggie12B said:

Does it really about to a hill of beans if a poster on some web site gives up or not? Does it affect the team or something?
W
AG
yes, 9-4 in regional openers.

6-0 at home vs. #4 seeds.

3-4 on the road. (won regional road openers in 2010, 2017, and 2018)
Average Joe
AG
75AG said:

Average Joe said:

Mooooon River said:

Aggie12B said:

HBP and WPs.

Exactly.
W
AG

yes, this is how TCU did it in 2012.

lost their first game...and managed to win the College Station regional without ever facing Wacha or Stripling.

that was remarkable genius
swimmerbabe11
I tried
Texags Meltdown
AG
Well ***** If this happens I guess we want W va tmrw
Liquid Wrench
Mooooon River said:

Have another beer...
I'll keep drinking bourbon, thanks. But the "players quit" talk always annoys me.
schmellba99
AG
Evanhue said:

Aggie12B said:

Does it really about to a hill of beans if a poster on some web site gives up or not? Does it affect the team or something?

Shhhh...it doesnt. But it makes that poater feel morally superior and they think they are a better and .ore Aggie fan than you. All about the feels man.
DGAG92
AG
Sure glad we got the full 8 days of rest for this pitching staff!! Fire everyone.
Class of 1992
Aggie12B
AG
Evanhue said:

Aggie12B said:

You are right that it doesn't matter what fans think on a web site. I just get fed up with the posters who only post things when we are not doing well. I swear, some of y'all are ONLY HAPPY when you have something to B**** about.
ftworthag02
AG
tjack16
AG
Childress has said all week "this set up allows you to have one bad game, but have two and you're out"

Eff that mentality. Having one bad game shouldn't even be in your thought process. Especially given the fact that you can lose a game even if you play really well.
rgag12
AG
Glad our coach finally figured out after all these years at A&M the secret formula to staying alive in a double elimination format.
Strike One
"At least our team didn't give up". Actually, the Demons tried their very best to do an Aggie imitation of blowing a really big lead but didn't have the focus, initiative and drive required to do so. The Ags' heroic comeback was awesome with an absolutely intimidating mix of wild pitches, hit batters, passed balls and an occasional single. Simply awesome display of clutch hitting. I'm afraid that RC has hit the pinnacle of his career with the last 3 games and I don't have a good feeling at all about tomorrow. Sure wish I had a different attitude and perspective but all my flagging hopes for this season started evaporating last week and are being blown away this weekend.
MR Gadsden
If we had fired Bolt 3 weeks ago like I suggested... I should have applied for the AD spot.
Strike One
Just a few comments while trying to cool down after that embarrassing game:

1. Down 4-1 (with our offense) with 2 on and none out, why in the world waste Menefee, a freshman who is one of our few guys who is starting to show a tough side when coming in games where we have a legitimate chance of winning? At that point, we would have had just as good of chance of winning with a true walk-on coming in and not risk hurting Mo's confidence and tire him out a little. (Jozwiak, Nelson or anyone else would have been better, even Kalich who has already lost his confidence in the clutch.)

2. Why in the world do you pinch hit for Cam Blake who despite his low average, is one of the very few hitters we have who has shown the ability to come up with a clutch hit?

3. With only 103 pitches and a blown opportunity, why not have Dox throw the 8th inning in the first place?

4. With runners on 2nd and 3rd, were both Hoener and Foster told to take the first pitch in the first inning? And what in the world were they expecting on the strike-out pitch? Heads definitely need to roll.

Darn it, still don't feel any better.
OldSaltAg
Blue didn't do us any favors today. We have been pitching near shutouts against the SEC and then an ACC team scores 8? Something doesn't add up.
SwimboJimbo
AG
On a better note: Bass Pro / Cabelas is having a sale on Winchester AA shotgun shells.
TexasRebel
AG
Dirt.
Maroon Elephant
AG
Today was tough but we saw the offense show some signs of life. Its not time to abandon ship, keep a life jacket close but dont jump just yet. We have the arms to battle back against this regional field and i feel like we will be salty tomorrow at the plate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.