*****Aggies vs. Duke-Morgantown Regional Friday*****

137,398 Views | 1464 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by HoustonAg2106
TexasRebel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If not we'll hopefully hit just as poorly on the golf course.
RafterAg223
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Today was tough but we saw the offense show some signs of life. Its not time to abandon ship, keep a life jacket close but dont jump just yet. We have the arms to battle back against this regional field and i feel like we will be salty tomorrow at the plate.
Several wild pitches and hbp's with a couple singles sprinkled in is a sign of life on offense? Outside of Shewmake, this team has no offensive talent. Looking at the class coming in, it doesn't look to get better anytime soon.
old yeller
AG
OldSaltAg said:

Blue didn't do us any favors today. We have been pitching near shutouts against the SEC and then an ACC team scores 8? Something doesn't add up.

As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, someone on TexAgs will blame the loss, at least in some small (or large) part, on the umpire.
TexasRebel
AG
I mean... I guess we can blame him for showing up and allowing the game to be played.
RafterAg223
AG
old yeller said:

OldSaltAg said:

Blue didn't do us any favors today. We have been pitching near shutouts against the SEC and then an ACC team scores 8? Something doesn't add up.

As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west, someone on TexAgs will blame the loss, at least in some small (or large) part, on the umpire.
Both of Duke's home runs were too high and should have been disallowed by the blue. That's the difference in the game.
Maroon Elephant
AG
I agree. What I'm saying is that other than us and WV, this field is nothing special on the mound. Those two teams will keep us in a game. Yes at some point we will have to hit bit we did knock a couple of doubles late. Obviously I'm grasping for some hope here.
Wicked Good Ag
Maroon Elephant said:

Today was tough but we saw the offense show some signs of life. Its not time to abandon ship, keep a life jacket close but dont jump just yet. We have the arms to battle back against this regional field and i feel like we will be salty tomorrow at the plate.

Didn't we score four runs but only manage one hit in the ninth ?? Pass balls wild pitches and walks
We didn't do anything really offensive at the plate other than our plate discipline which was offensive
HoustonAg2106
AG
It's a slow death
AggieBand2004
AG
RafterAg223 said:

old yeller said:

OldSaltAg said:

Both of Duke's home runs were too high and should have been disallowed by the blue. That's the difference in the game.

ordRV80
AG
"Signs of life"??????

Dook gave us the runs in the 9th.

The O is as bad overall as any I have ever seen. And I am old and have seen a lot.

Team hitting has regressed to ineptitude from earlier in the season. And it wasn't good then.

We are making 4 to 5 ERA pitchers look amazing.

Really inconceivable. I do not understand.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
cheeky
AG
I didn't think there was any chance Childress would be fired before next season, but now there may be real hope.
Serious Lee
why is there hope? when has an AD ever come in and made a staff change 2 months into the job?
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Walt Luddiger said:

why is there hope? when has an AD ever come in and made a staff change 2 months into the job?

Kansas' AD fired their football coach (Beatty) having been on the job less than six months. Vanderbilt's AD fired their basketball coach (Drew) only two months into the position.
There are other examples. It's not as unheard of as you'd think.
TAL06RES
AG
Yelnick McWawa said:

Walt Luddiger said:

Kansas' AD fired their football coach (Beatty) having been on the job less than six months. Vanderbilt's AD fired their basketball coach (Drew) only two months into the position.
There are other examples. It's not as unheard of as you'd think.

And let's be honest, replacing a baseball coach will not get an AD in a lot of hot water if it doesn't work out. This is the SEC but we aren't talking football...
TexasRebel
AG
Shut your filthy mouth.
TAL06RES
AG
It's truth. No AD has been ****canned for a poor baseball hire...
MallalieuAg
AG
Maroon Elephant said:

Amazing Moves
Screw Will Bolt and RC. They have run this program into the ground by comparison of where it should be. I feel sorry for the players. They should have had better than them.
FCBlitz
Well this is the time when a team will show weather or not if the team is connected to their coach and the team has fight in them. A demoralized team will lose the next game.
mullokmotx
AG
2 pitches. First was Hoehner looking at a called third strike in the first inning with runners on 2nd and 3rd and 1 out. HIs next at bat he singles to center and his third he hits a fly that would have scored Shewmake in the first.
And the second pitch was the one the Duke guy hit into the bullpen in the 4th.
_mpaul
AG
Amazing Moves said:

Screw Will Bolt and RC. They have run this program into the ground by comparison of where it should be. I feel sorry for the players. They should have had better than them.
Isn't it kind of on them? And if the coaches recruited better players, the guys you feel sorry for wouldn't be here in the first place.
DGAG92
AG
OldSaltAg said:

Too much rest?
Class of 1992
HoustonAg2106
AG
Man I have been one of the biggest RC supporters on here, but this is starting to feel like the end....maybe just need a new voice

I was also a big Sumlin supporter until that UCLA game, sometimes you just hit a breaking point
Aggie09Derek
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Man I have been one of the biggest RC supporters on here, but this is starting to feel like the end....maybe just need a new voice

I was also a big Sumlin supporter until that UCLA game, sometimes you just hit a breaking point
The breaking point being losing by 3 runs to a #3 seed from a good confrence?

Blasphemy to compare this A&M team to the UCLA game IMO

HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Did that game really feel like a 3 run loss to you?

And I'm not comparing the games, I'm comparing the moment when I realized it might be time for a change
DGAG92
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Lost by 3 runs?? LOL.....yeah they scored some runs in the 9th off a pitcher who would have never seen the mound had they not had a 7 run lead. It was an ass whipping.
Class of 1992
Aggie09Derek
AG
One baseball game against another very good team.

I swear half the people on this board doesn't follow baseball outside of A&M. The best teams lose quite a bit in baseball.
dermdoc
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Lost by 3 runs?? LOL.....yeah they scored some runs in the 9th off a pitcher who would have never seen the mound had they not had a 7 run lead. It was an ass whipping.

So that pitcher had thrown quite a few innings with an ERA under 2 and an incredible strikeout to walk ratio. But do carry on
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
HoustonAg2106
AG
Aggie09Derek said:

I swear half the people on this board doesn't follow baseball outside of A&M. The best teams lose quite a bit in baseball.

You haven't been paying much attention this season if you think that was just one game
AggieBand2004
AG
HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

You haven't been paying much attention this season if you think that was just one game

Uh, technically...
HoustonAg2106
AG
AggieBand2004 said:

HoustonAg2106 said:

Aggie09Derek said:

Uh, technically...

LOL, you got me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.