The Omaha Scoreboard

95,013 Views | 976 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dixichkn
tk for tu juan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Approaching the 20 year anniversary

MidTnAg
AG
If Oregon State wins game 3, unfortunately and sadly the mistake by the right fielder will follow him probably the rest of his life.
sellthefarm
AG
MidTnAg said:

TexasRebel said:

Yes, I agree, but he was at a full sprint and overshot the ball. It could be hindsight, but he obviously wasn't comfortable enough to call someone off.

My opinion, he wanted to be the hero.
Are you claiming that the right fielder was at a Sprint and over shot the ball?
First of all he was definitely not sprinting. He was running but not sprinting. Secondly, he definitely did not overrun the ball. He did not even catch up with it.

He's talking about Shaddy the second baseman. At first glance it looks like Shaddy had the best chance at it. Replay confirms it was the right fielders ball the whole way and he should have called them off. He just chocked big time. He's probably in right field for his bat not his glove.
94chem
tk for tu juan said:

Posted on previous page.
RGLAG85
AG
sellthefarm said:

MidTnAg said:

TexasRebel said:

Yes, I agree, but he was at a full sprint and overshot the ball. It could be hindsight, but he obviously wasn't comfortable enough to call someone off.

My opinion, he wanted to be the hero.
Are you claiming that the right fielder was at a Sprint and over shot the ball?
First of all he was definitely not sprinting. He was running but not sprinting. Secondly, he definitely did not overrun the ball. He did not even catch up with it.

He's talking about Shaddy the second baseman. At first glance it looks like Shaddy had the best chance at it. Replay confirms it was the right fielders ball the whole way and he should have called them off. He just chocked big time. He's probably in right field for his bat not his glove.
He's a 4th round pick because he's a complete player. He's had a bad series at the plate but he is a great outfielder. See his highlight catch from the semis. That was a brain fart on his part and I'm sure he's pissed and feels terrible. That's how baseball go!
Ag12thman
AG
PhatMack19 said:

2nd baseman's ball over 1st. Rightfielder should have called them both off.

Seems like the 3 being there confused them all. What a major, major error. It was like Arkansas decided they didn't want it and Oregon State decided they were taking it at that point. Definitely something that could haunt those three players for the rest of their lives.

We will see how mentally tough Arkansas is now. It's gonna be very difficult to win game 3 now, IMO. Oregon State has all the momentum at this point.
sellthefarm
AG
Fair enough.
MidTnAg
AG
But after his playing baseball for several years and being a top-notch player, you would think that instincts would take over for the right fielder and he would go after the ball at all cost (ie, sprint like hell) since it's in front of him and way behind the other players to begin with.
sellthefarm
AG
Arkansas lost game two of the super to South Carolina and proceeded to stomp them in game 3. They haven't hit yet in this final so if the bats get going they'll be fine. OSU used their third starter tonight so who knows what they'll have tomorrow. I like Arkansas pitching availabilties. My money is still on Arkie.
CrossTimbersW
AG
Shaddy at second called everyone off and in his excitement over ran the ball. It should've been the right fielders ball but because 2nd called it everyone else slowed down their pursuit. That's the way I saw it for whatever that is worth I guess.
technoviking
AG
HammerStump said:

Shaddy at second called everyone off and in his excitement over ran the ball. It should've been the right fielders ball but because 2nd called it everyone else slowed down their pursuit. That's the way I saw it for whatever that is worth I guess.

I saw it that way too. Right fielder clearly was gauging where the ball was coming down and looking at shaddy and didn't realize shaddy was not in position until the last second.

The outfielder should always have veto power in those situations. He just figured Shaddy was gonna make the catch.
Ag12thman
AG
I agree. I like Arkansas for sure and, if I were betting, my money would be in them. But if OSU somehow comes out on top, that'll he some serious misery does Arkansas and its fans.
Here4Beer
AG
Ag12thman said:

I agree. I like Arkansas for sure and, if I were betting, my money would be in them. But if OSU somehow comes out on top, that'll he some serious misery does Arkansas and its fans.

Lol what did you just attempt to say?
Ag12thman
AG
Here4Beer said:

Ag12thman said:

I agree. I like Arkansas for sure and, if I were betting, my money would be on them. But if OSU somehow comes out on top, it'll be some serious misery for Arkansas and its fans.

Lol what did you just attempt to say?
Well, that's the end of my trying out this new keyboard on my Android phone. Fixed it above.
Charlie 31
AG
sellthefarm said:

[YOU KNOW I CAN SEE WHAT YOU POST EVEN IF YOU DELETE IT, RIGHT? -STAFF]
dermdoc
AG
All you Arky bettors can make some money as Arky is +165.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MosesHallRAB83
AG
Smart money is on OSU.
Icecream_Ag
S
MosesHallRAB83 said:

Smart money is on OSU.
told a buddy last night that game would determined the cws champion. He thought I was nuts saying that in the fifth inning
AgEng06
AG
Things looked a little different in the 5th inning...
aggiehawg
AG
tk for tu juan said:

That's just cold!

Funny thing is, back then one of our closest friends was a Vol and was at our game watching party. He gave The Hubs hell for a year over that game.
TexasRebel
AG
Looks like Arky lost the coin flip.
PhatMack19
AG
Arkansas only has 12 hits in 2+ games in the finals
Aggie95
AG
that OSU pitcher has FILTHY stuff....and he's just a fish.
TexasRebel
AG
Arky has something original! Drink-heads.
TexasRebel
AG
Low, low, low.
aggiehawg
AG
Where is the strike zone now?
TexasRebel
AG
Apparently ground up...
PhatMack19
AG
Arkansas left the bases loaded

2-0 OSU B3
Mark Fairchild
AG
Casey has a coaching style that I like.
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
PhatMack19
AG
Someone on the Arkansas bench just got tossed.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Composure gone
Mark Fairchild
AG
Pig's asst. coach ejected!
TexasRebel
AG
Well that escalated quickly
Mark Fairchild
AG
Like it!
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not a bad idea to sacrifice oneself to shake it up. They all seem to have the 1000 yard stare so far in this game. Maybe this will snap them into focus.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.