^^^^^Aggies vs. Missouri-SEC Tournament Tuesday^^^^^

109,999 Views | 1048 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VegasAg86
Lefty96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not a terrible day at the plate today. We really roughed up one of the best pitchers in the conference. And 7 runs should be enough to beat anyone with our arms.

But pitching was just awful today. No way to sugar coat it. And pretty bad day in the field with 3 errors.
BenFiasco14
AG
Ugh. Game over. Terrible showing
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

EKG1996 said:

tjholley17 said:

1. Choruby CF
2. Coleman 1B
3. Shewmake SS
4. Bedford C
5. Foster DH (or Cam Blake)
6. Kopetsky RF
7. Pennington LF
8. Janca 3B
9. Gutierrez 2B

this would be a lineup I would try.

we tried Gutierrez at 2nd/Shew at shortstop in one of the early midweek games and it worked pretty well. I think Gutierrez has more offensive potential than Homan at this point.

This was along the lines of what I think we might see.

How do you justify Pennington over Blake right now?
honestly they are both on the same level right now.... both very low averages and neither have held down a spot in the lineup. My rationale is that Pennington has more power potential and a lot of RBI's. Before today, Pennington actually had a better average (.219 to Cam's .200 average) than Blake in SEC games, with more at bats.
aginlakeway
AG
Lefty96 said:

Not a terrible day at the plate today. We really roughed up one of the best pitchers in the conference. And 7 runs should be enough to beat anyone with our arms.

But pitching was just awful today. No way to sugar coat it. And pretty bad day in the field with 3 errors.
Yep. 7 runs should have been enough to win this one ...
aggiewilliford
Go home and rest. Get ready for regionals!
EKG1996
AG
Let's hope that wasn't our last game.

I already have a dog
AG
When are Regionals announced?
Detective Jake Peralta
AG
Runner on 1st

Blake

4-3 for out #3

MIZZOU WINS 12-7

MIZ 12 11 1
AGS 7 9 3
mwm
Very, very disappointing. But I'm getting used to it.
Aggie95
AG
Well....assuming we get in, this is the best result possible. This team needs a break and our pitching needs a rest.
Bunk Moreland
3-7 in our last 10 games.
golfgalag
AG
I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.
trouble
AG
Monday, I believe
Ags77
AG
HOPE FOR MORE BASEBALL NEXT WEEK
BrandoC
AG

histag10
AG
tjholley17 said:

histag10 said:

EKG1996 said:

tjholley17 said:

1. Choruby CF
2. Coleman 1B
3. Shewmake SS
4. Bedford C
6. Kopetsky RF
7. Pennington LF
8. Janca 3B
9. Gutierrez 2B

we tried Gutierrez at 2nd/Shew at shortstop in one of the early midweek games and it worked pretty well. I think Gutierrez has more offensive potential than Homan at this point.

honestly they are both on the same level right now.... both very low averages and neither have held down a spot in the lineup. My rationale is that Pennington has more power potential and a lot of RBI's. Before today, Pennington actually had a better average (.219 to Cam's .200 average) than Blake in SEC games, with more at bats.

Except that Blake has performed exceptionally well at the plate over the past week, which is more than can be said for a lot of our lineup. It's a matter of who is hot now.
Steph1995
AG
As much as it hurts, I guess I'll have to be rooting for lsu to win this thing...
(Or at the very least, root against all the underdogs...)
W
AG
I'm putting the 2008 team on notice...this may be the worst late-season collapse of the Childress era.

the Ags go 2-8 in their final 10 games of the season
I already have a dog
AG
golfgalag said:

I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.

Baseball is not like football. If they sneak In, anything can happen.
histag10
AG
golfgalag said:

I kind of figure they will be going to the post season, which is somewhere.

It's a good thing baseball is a completely different sport than football, and one month does not make or break a season.
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

tjholley17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

ClassOf17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

I'd like to see Walker Pennington get an at bat next inning.... it seems like the coaching staff has forgotten he exists since that LSU winning homer.
He has not seen much action the past two or three weeks but Penny had ample opportunity following the LSU series to produce on a more consistent basis. To say the coaching staff has forgotten about him since then is simply not true.

Yeah I remember he had a huge opportunity against arky last weekend and took a backwards K
check the box score again... he got a single in his only AB against arkansas
Need to check the Box Scores immediately following the LSU series thru the time his playing time was curtailed, lots of starts with very pedestrian numbers.
which is how I would describe the majority of our lineup the last few weeks unfortunately

The difference is that most of our lineup the past few weeks, and Pennington most of the season.

You also have to take into account that most of our lineup has been making contact, and it's all flyouts. If I remember right, Pennington took a lot of Ks
you can't really make that argument when Foster is still in the lineup. In 41 starts, he has 54 strikeouts. You could easily put Pennington in Foster's DH role.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Lack of effort the last 3 innings
BadMoonRisin
AG
I still think we are in but we sure did our damnest to play ourselves out of it.
AggieFrog
AG
golfgalag said:

You can choose to stop following the Ags at any time. The rest of us will enjoy what's left of the season.
W
AG
A&M falls to 36-21 on the season and awaits the regional pairings announcement on Monday
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

tjholley17 said:

histag10 said:

EKG1996 said:

tjholley17 said:

1. Choruby CF
2. Coleman 1B
3. Shewmake SS
4. Bedford C
6. Kopetsky RF
7. Pennington LF
8. Janca 3B
9. Gutierrez 2B

Except that Blake has performed exceptionally well at the plate over the past week, which is more than can be said for a lot of our lineup. It's a matter of who is hot now.
Very true.... I guess I would take foster out then. Which is why I put Foster and blake together. If we face a lefty, then Foster goes, if we face a righty then I'd play Blake in that spot.
CapCityAg89
AG
Lefty96 said:

Just a horrible mix of the three components. Pitching awful to start and then good - about the time fielding went to crap. Hitting great to start and then absolutely miserable after the GS. We kept waiting for the perfect pitch, then swung to hit five run home runs at pitches in the eyes.
W
AG
the defense really fell apart at the end of the season
aginlakeway
AG
golfgalag said:

So you hope we don't make a regional?
jaxisback
This is not the "best" result. This is a terrible result. We would be much better off getting additional reps in game situations against competitive pitching. Those who believe rest is a good thing in this situation never played.

The reality is that this is a very average team. If we're fortunate enough to make the tourney, maybe we'll fall into a lucky streak of hot hitting.
histag10
AG
tjholley17 said:

histag10 said:

tjholley17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

ClassOf17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

I'd like to see Walker Pennington get an at bat next inning.... it seems like the coaching staff has forgotten he exists since that LSU winning homer.
He has not seen much action the past two or three weeks but Penny had ample opportunity following the LSU series to produce on a more consistent basis. To say the coaching staff has forgotten about him since then is simply not true.

Yeah I remember he had a huge opportunity against arky last weekend and took a backwards K
check the box score again... he got a single in his only AB against arkansas
Need to check the Box Scores immediately following the LSU series thru the time his playing time was curtailed, lots of starts with very pedestrian numbers.
which is how I would describe the majority of our lineup the last few weeks unfortunately

The difference is that most of our lineup the past few weeks, and Pennington most of the season.

You also have to take into account that most of our lineup has been making contact, and it's all flyouts. If I remember right, Pennington took a lot of Ks
you can't really make that argument when Foster is still in the lineup. In 41 starts, he has 54 strikeouts. You could easily put Pennington in Foster's DH role.

Foster is batting around a .300 as a freshman. Pennington is batting around a .200 as a senior.

Play time will significantly benefit one
Brush Country
That team scored a total of 4 runs in 3 games against us a month ago. Today they tripled that output in one game.

Granted we threw trash arms, but jesus.
CapCityAg89
AG
TylerAg95 said:

golfgalag said:

Baseball is not like football. If they sneak In, anything can happen.

THIS is so very true. The two games aren't remotely similar. We haven't had many balls fall in over the last four weeks. It'll be really nice to NOT play another SEC team. I hated the way we played those last five innings (and pitched the first four) but an extended rest might be what this team needs right now.
mwm
Maybe a rest will do them good. But they had extra days off before arky & it did not do them any good then. Time off can sometimes leave you with too much time & all you do is stew over the failure.
W
AG
I go back to what Luke posted going into the State series...

A&M was basically a .500 team up to that point against top 100 opponents...and all of the remaining games were against top 100 opponents. That stat turned out to be very accurate.

right now the Ags are 16-20 vs. top 100 teams...that's just not very good.

(I hope the committee glosses over that one)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.