^^^^^Aggies vs. Missouri-SEC Tournament Tuesday^^^^^

109,199 Views | 1048 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VegasAg86
histag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jaxisback said:

This is not the "best" result. This is a terrible result. We would be much better off getting additional reps in game situations against competitive pitching. Those who believe rest is a good thing in this situation never played.

The reality is that this is a very average team. If we're fortunate enough to make the tourney, maybe we'll fall into a lucky streak of hot hitting.

Which is better than we were projected to be at the beginning of the season.

Glad those of us who haven't played realized that early on.
jt2hunt
AG
Blake please
FTA17
Looking back on predictions from the beginning of the year, this team did about as expected. There were periods of great success and periods of great slumps. Such is the nature of a young but talented team. The only reason you can complain about the last couple of weeks is because it was preceded by a great run of 5 straight weekends starting with LSU. All in all going 16-14 SEC in a "rebuilding" year means we're in pretty good shape.
awschux
AG
Trash effort today. Trash effort for last 3 weeks.

Coaches need to be held to account, and changes need to be made. Need to see an immediate and spike in urgency and sustained effort.

Disgusting effort from coaches and players.
aginlakeway
AG
jaxisback said:

This is not the "best" result. This is a terrible result. We would be much better off getting additional reps in game situations against competitive pitching. Those who believe rest is a good thing in this situation never played.

The reality is that this is a very average team. If we're fortunate enough to make the tourney, maybe we'll fall into a lucky streak of hot hitting.
What were your expectations for this team?
aginlakeway
AG
awschux said:

Coaches need to be held to account, and changes need to be made. Need to see an immediate and spike in urgency and sustained effort.

What are you suggested changes?
W
AG
the pitching staff needs rest. I think that is fairly obvious
tjack16
AG
histag10 said:

tjholley17 said:

histag10 said:

tjholley17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

ClassOf17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

I'd like to see Walker Pennington get an at bat next inning.... it seems like the coaching staff has forgotten he exists since that LSU winning homer.
He has not seen much action the past two or three weeks but Penny had ample opportunity following the LSU series to produce on a more consistent basis. To say the coaching staff has forgotten about him since then is simply not true.

Yeah I remember he had a huge opportunity against arky last weekend and took a backwards K
check the box score again... he got a single in his only AB against arkansas
Need to check the Box Scores immediately following the LSU series thru the time his playing time was curtailed, lots of starts with very pedestrian numbers.
which is how I would describe the majority of our lineup the last few weeks unfortunately

The difference is that most of our lineup the past few weeks, and Pennington most of the season.

You also have to take into account that most of our lineup has been making contact, and it's all flyouts. If I remember right, Pennington took a lot of Ks
you can't really make that argument when Foster is still in the lineup. In 41 starts, he has 54 strikeouts. You could easily put Pennington in Foster's DH role.

Foster is batting around a .300 as a freshman. Pennington is batting around a .200 as a senior.

Play time will significantly benefit one
Conference stats (not including today since those are not up yet)
FOSTER

AVG: .232 (16-69)
HR: 1
RBI: 6
K: 24
SLG: .362
OBP: .312

PENNINGTON

AVG: .219 (14-64)
HR: 2
RBI: 14
K: 20
SLG: .391
OBP: .315

awschux
AG
The result sucks, but it's secondary to the effort level.

We saw teams battle against us; saw them dig deep and play with urgency and avoid killing themselves with self inflicted mistakes.

Our guys did not show that effort, had no fire, played with no urgency. The losses happen, but the poor effort is unacceptable.
I already have a dog
AG
Here we go again... back to questioning effort...
BoerneGator
AG
Brush Country said:

Can That team scored a total of 4 runs in 3 games against us a month ago. Today they tripled that output in one game.

Granted we threw trash arms, but jesus.
We don't have trash arms, and calling ANY of the pitchers who palyed today that tells me all I need to know about your baseball knowledge. Not to mention your judgement. I suggest you take a break.
jkag89
tjholley17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

ClassOf17 said:

jkag89 said:

tjholley17 said:

I'd like to see Walker Pennington get an at bat next inning.... it seems like the coaching staff has forgotten he exists since that LSU winning homer.
He has not seen much action the past two or three weeks but Penny had ample opportunity following the LSU series to produce on a more consistent basis. To say the coaching staff has forgotten about him since then is simply not true.

Yeah I remember he had a huge opportunity against arky last weekend and took a backwards K
check the box score again... he got a single in his only AB against arkansas
Need to check the Box Scores immediately following the LSU series thru the time his playing time was curtailed, lots of starts with very pedestrian numbers.
which is how I would describe the majority of our lineup the last few weeks unfortunately
Maybe but the outfielders (Kopetsky & Blake primarily) that have gotten additional playing time over Penny while maybe not great, certainly have been fairly solid with few poor ABs. I could see Penny and Foster sharing ABs in the DH spot as potential pop in the 8 or 9 hole. The main reason I responded is 1) your claim that Penny has been forgotten since LSU and 2) whether you were part of it or not, the constant complaints asking why he was still in the line up.
BoerneGator
AG
This loss is really bringing out the BAS posters en mass!
awschux
AG
I'm not a BAS person in the least. This is a Mizzou team we swept on their home field a month ago. They may be talented but they didn't beat us today on talent.

Something happened since that series, and this team has not had any fire since. Am I incorrect?
Foxo
AG
I really wonder about Aggie baseball fans. Its the same old, same old after every loss. Why don't you give it up and find a sport where winning every game is the norm?
jkag89
Lefty96 said:

Not a terrible day at the plate today. We really roughed up one of the best pitchers in the conference. And 7 runs should be enough to beat anyone with our arms.

But pitching was just awful today. No way to sugar coat it. And pretty bad day in the field with 3 errors.
Certainly missed Davis and I do not mean to dump on Coleman. The effort is there, he has made some nice plays but really has not had enough reps in order to be comfortable at first and it showed today.
Amazing Moves
awschux said:

As frustrating as they are to watch at times, this is still a transition year. The coaches may have got the most out of this team. I know I vent in the moment but, this is just ******ed.
histag10
AG
awschux said:

I'm not a BAS person in the least. This is a Mizzou team we swept on their home field a month ago. They may be talented but they didn't beat us today on talent.

Something happened since that series, and this team has not had any fire since. Am I incorrect?

Yes.
aginlakeway
AG
awschux said:

The result sucks, but it's secondary to the effort level.

We saw teams battle against us; saw them dig deep and play with urgency and avoid killing themselves with self inflicted mistakes.

Our guys did not show that effort, had no fire, played with no urgency. The losses happen, but the poor effort is unacceptable.
OK. So what are the consequences? What suggestions do you have?
histag10
AG
Foxo said:

I really wonder about Aggie baseball fans. Its the same old, same old after every loss. Why don't you give it up and find a sport where winning every game is the norm?

Way to generalize every Aggie Baseball fan. Obviously you have forgotten about the sunshine pumpers and everything in between
aginlakeway
AG
awschux said:

Still waiting on what changes you think need to be made ...
MsDoubleD81
AG
So after a long day at work, I only have to skim the last couple pages of TexAgs, look at the emojis and know we didn't do well.
Post removed:
by user
aginlakeway
AG
jake2011 said:

Aggie sports strike again. From hosting a regional 4 weeks ago to maybe squeaking in the tournament today.
Why the thumbs up?
tjack16
AG
Hopefully the 9 day break will be good for this team. I just want us to be competitive in the regionals... I'm not expecting us to win one (though I think we are capable), but I'd just like for us to win at least 2 games
RGLAG85
AG
aginlakeway said:

awschux said:

Still waiting on what changes you think need to be made ...
Well of course it's fire Childress, "damn the torpedoes, full stream ahead".
Bondag
AG
It's a long season with this many freshmen. Give them a week without games or class to rest and find a slump buster.
MROD92
I'm just hoping for good news on selection day, not ready for the season to end
Post removed:
by user
MROD92
Bondag said:

It's a long season with this many freshmen. Give them a week without games or class to rest and find a slump buster.

Mark Grace in the house
histag10
AG
jake2011 said:

Aggie sports strike again. From hosting a regional 4 weeks ago to maybe squeaking in the tournament today.

4 weeks ago we were hosting a regional? According to who? I remember people saying if we won all remaining series and swept at least one it was a possibility.
Post removed:
by user
histag10
AG
jake2011 said:

histag10 said:

jake2011 said:

4 weeks ago we were hosting a regional? According to who? I remember people saying if we won all remaining series and swept at least one it was a possibility.

If we would have taken care of business the last few weeks and won at least 2 of those series we lost including Arkansas, we would have been a top 4 seed in SEC tourney, win a game or two there and we would easily be hosting.

Sorry champ, don't think so.
Bunk Moreland
histag10 said:

jake2011 said:

histag10 said:

jake2011 said:

If we would have taken care of business the last few weeks and won at least 2 of those series we lost including Arkansas, we would have been a top 4 seed in SEC tourney, win a game or two there and we would easily be hosting.

Sorry champ, don't think so.

2-1 vs msu, ole miss, & arky, along with a SHSU win would have had the Ags right in hosting contention.
RGLAG85
AG
jake2011 said:

histag10 said:

jake2011 said:

Or......... if we'd have just gone undefeated we'd be the no.1 seed. Anything less and you're accepting mediocrity.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.