^^^^^Aggies vs. Missouri-SEC Tournament Tuesday^^^^^

108,742 Views | 1048 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VegasAg86
Aggies2009
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

You LITERALLY said that our coach said that it was okay to lose all the rest of our games.

Sounds like you don't know the definition of literally. Can you show me where I said that? If you're trying to interpret my "skating to the tourney" comment, that is not "LITERALLY" what I said at all. As stated in my next post, I don't think they tried to lose or thought it was OK to lose the rest of their games, but teams take on the mindset of their leader. The quote came off as relief and not leadership. And it has an effect.
Lmao alright.... You can edit the post and backtrack if you want.

So first you post, quoting our coach and claiming that he said that it's okay to lose the rest. Then you backtrack and say, "Well, it kind of implies that". Now, you're saying, "It doesn't matter that he said that- the team didn't try to lose". That story keeps changing... Not to mention apparently you know what has an affect on our team and what doesn't....

Fact is, you took one line of an interview, slapped your own meaning on it, and criticized our coach for that before saying that it had no effect on our team. This is a pathetic new low for the "CHILDRESSSS" crowd.
CapCityAg89
AG
Actually first of the last four. That one was a tremendous game though. That's the frustration of this team. They still play like a "young" team and are hugely bipolar.
Maroon Flash
AG
Quote:

o I don't think any bitterness toward RC is warranted for the team's progress to-date.

How many years do we go without making the CWS before becoming bitter? Don't tell me we make it this year!

Whole situation sux. We should be a powerhouse that reloads every year.
Goose06
AG
Aggies2009 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Quote:

You LITERALLY said that our coach said that it was okay to lose all the rest of our games.

Sounds like you don't know the definition of literally. Can you show me where I said that? If you're trying to interpret my "skating to the tourney" comment, that is not "LITERALLY" what I said at all. As stated in my next post, I don't think they tried to lose or thought it was OK to lose the rest of their games, but teams take on the mindset of their leader. The quote came off as relief and not leadership. And it has an effect.
Lmao alright.... You can edit the post and backtrack if you want.

So first you post, quoting our coach and claiming that he said that it's okay to lose the rest. Then you backtrack and say, "Well, it kind of implies that". Now, you're saying, "It doesn't matter that he said that- the team didn't try to lose". That story keeps changing... Not to mention apparently you know what has an affect on our team and what doesn't....

Fact is, you took one line of an interview, slapped your own meaning on it, and criticized our coach for that before saying that it had no effect on our team. This is a pathetic new low for the "CHILDRESSSS" crowd.

You can argue semantics all day, I think the point bunk is trying to make is legitimate. I would maybe interpret the quote a little differently than he has implied, but let's not pretend that such a quote doesn't tell a bit of this story. I read into it that the team was feeling the pressure of the losing streak and there was probably a tightness to their play. Rob thought the win would relieve that but it seems the team hasn't pulled out of that funk yet. The good news is that making a regional should remove a lot of pressure so let's make a regional and then see what happens.
histag10
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

Actually first of the last four. That one was a tremendous game though. That's the frustration of this team. They still play like a "young" team and are hugely bipolar.

I thought they won Friday in a thursday-friday-saturday series, which would make it first of last 3
W
AG
perhaps surprising...the decline in pitching & defense the last 3 weeks has left A&M with a .975 fielding % for the season and a 3.44 team ERA.

both marks are now worse than what the 2016 team posted. Last year's team fielded at .977 and had a 3.05 team ERA.

for a long time it seemed that hitting would be the only thing "down" from last year, but it has turned out to be all three: hitting, pitching, and defense
W
AG
A&M's opponents have scored 62 runs in the last 10 games
W
AG
in the 10 games prior to that A&M's opponents scored just 20 runs.

yes, I would say the pitching staff is tired
Bernie13
AT this point, what is done is done. We hopefully get in and then its up to the boys to perform. We will have a rested staff so no excuses there. But we must hit better and play much better D to have a chance. It can happen at a blink of an eye. Lets just get behind them and let them know we believe. There is still the possibility of this being a magical year. Lets enjoy it as fans.
dermdoc
AG
Thank you O voice of reason.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Or from where I am from, No **** Sherlock.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bernie13
I now hope we go to Lubbock.
Wicked Good Ag
We hit well enough yesterday

Hopefully a rested pitching staff will meet up with a couple of games of timely hitting and see where we go from there
92Ag95
AG
TylerAg95 said:

golfgalag said:

I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.

Baseball is not like football. If they sneak In, anything can happen.
Exactly! For example....I can get my hopes up again only to have them smashed into another bloody pulp.
Aggies2009
AG
92Ag95 said:

TylerAg95 said:

golfgalag said:

I just want the season over.... they are not going anywhere this year. The last month just like the football.

Exactly! For example....I can get my hopes up again only to have them smashed into another bloody pulp.
Or a team like Fresno State who went 31-27 could win the national title.

Not saying it'll happen, but it could.
DogCompany74
AG
Yes indeed...anything can happen .

But if the coach admits that the team he built can't seem to adjust to playing well under pressure , then what faith should any of us have that his " too old + too young " squad is going to suddenly figure it all out , relax and go on a tourney tear?

Whether they are too tight , too loose , too young , or too apathetic Rob Childress is responsible for their results. Based on his actual history of not delivering when it counted most, I don't blame this particular team for any " is it going to happen again?" questions because with Rob Childress as a coach they can be reasonably sure that the answer is " yes".
Aggies2009
Brush Country
Wicked Good Ag said:

Hopefully a rested pitching staff will meet up with a couple of games of timely hitting and see where we go from there

Not a bad point. I have little doubt we'd have won yesterday's game if Childress hadn't relied on the poorer arms in the pen while resting the better ones.

That being said, if you're gonna make a run you'll have to at some point rely on those guys again, and mizzou made them look foolish yesterday.
jaxisback
My expectations were that this would be an average team. Early in the season I thought there was a chance for more, particularly after watching us knock Tech around in Houston (that was short-lived).

My point isn't that we underachieved, I think we're about were we should be. My point was that losing our first game in the tourney and going home for "some rest" isn't a "good" result. This team needed to win some games, continue to see good pitching and maybe find some confidence going into the regional. We got none of that accomplished here.

I agree with the comments on the volatility of baseball and we might come out and have a great regional (I very much hope so!), but it won't be because we played like crap, got our ass kicked by an average at best team and got some extra rest.
aginlakeway
AG
jaxisback said:

My expectations were that this would be an average team. Early in the season I thought there was a chance for more, particularly after watching us knock Tech around in Houston (that was short-lived).

My point isn't that we underachieved, I think we're about were we should be. My point was that losing our first game in the tourney and going home for "some rest" isn't a "good" result. This team needed to win some games, continue to see good pitching and maybe find some confidence going into the regional. We got none of that accomplished here.

I agree with the comments on the volatility of baseball and we might come out and have a great regional (I very much hope so!), but it won't be because we played like crap, got our ass kicked by an average at best team and got some extra rest.
100% agree.
Aggies2009
AG
Brush Country said:

Wicked Good Ag said:

Not a bad point. I have little doubt we'd have won yesterday's game if Childress hadn't relied on the poorer arms in the pen while resting the better ones.

That being said, if you're gonna make a run you'll have to at some point rely on those guys again, and mizzou made them look foolish yesterday.
Fair post. Starting Dox might not have been the best idea. But had we won, we'd have had our 3 weekend pitchers ready to go. I'm guessing that all but means we'll start Hill in game 1 of a regional, should we go.
twk
AG
Of course we'll start Hill in game 1 of the regional. Only a 1 seed would consider pitching "backwards," saving the ace for game 2, because they get to face a 4 seed. You always want to win, whenever you step out on the field, but getting some rest for the pitching staff is probably a bit of a sliver lining for the dark cloud that was giving up 12 runs to Mizzou.
Wicked Good Ag
You would have pitched Hill on short rest and then everybody else on short rest after that.

Childress made the correct decision based upon the real prize being regionals and thereafter

If you make it past Missouri and you are pitching Hill still a day early after pitching him a day earlier the week before based upon Thursday Friday Saturday schedule the previous week
I like Corbin Martin against even a potential ace of most one seeds if in fact we make it into the winnners bracket after the first game of regionals

Bottom line hitters did well enough against their ace to win. Pitching failed of which one especially did who was rock solid for most of the entire year
Brush Country
I agree that starting hill would have been a bad idea. Just sayin, if we lose a game and then have to go the distance in a regional, we are fooked after hill, Martin, kolek.
twk
AG
Brush Country said:

I agree that starting hill would have been a bad idea. Just sayin, if we lose a game and then have to go the distance in a regional, we are fooked after hill, Martin, kolek.
Is there a team in the country that you can't say that? It's really rare to have a dependable fourth starter. If you get to that point, someone has to step up and give you a performance that you haven't seen all year.
Brush Country
I'd have felt a lot better about it the last couple years.
VegasAg86
AG
CypressAg09 said:

So after some lightning break research, I've concluded that our team is good every other month. We had a good February, a bad March, great April, and a pretty terrible May. All we have to do is make it to June, and we'll win it all.
We made it to June!
CypressAg09
AG
VegasAg86 said:

CypressAg09 said:

So after some lightning break research, I've concluded that our team is good every other month. We had a good February, a bad March, great April, and a pretty terrible May. All we have to do is make it to June, and we'll win it all.
We made it to June!
Sea Pony 07
AG
Funny thing, I told my mom the exact same thing the other day.
Paradise Ag
AG
Maroon Flash said:

Quote:

o I don't think any bitterness toward RC is warranted for the team's progress to-date.

How many years do we go without making the CWS before becoming bitter? Don't tell me we make it this year!

Whole situation sux. We should be a powerhouse that reloads every year.

Shhhhhh.

Nobody tell Maroon Flash.
who?mikejones
AG
DogCompany74 said:

But if the coach admits that the team he built can't seem to adjust to playing well under pressure , then what faith should any of us have that his " too old + too young " squad is going to suddenly figure it all out , relax and go on a tourney tear?

Whether they are too tight , too loose , too young , or too apathetic Rob Childress is responsible for their results. Based on his actual history of not delivering when it counted most, I don't blame this particular team for any " is it going to happen again?" questions because with Rob Childress as a coach they can be reasonably sure that the answer is " yes".

Aggies2009
AG
who?mikejones said:

DogCompany74 said:

I wonder when he'll be back to give Coach Childress credit for the team coming back with his mindset and approach... Any second right? Right?!
Aggies2009
AG
OA_02 said:

Same song diffeerent verse with Childress. Generally beat the teams we should, win 50% or less of games versus better opponents, and fade/underachieve down the stretch. Yeah this team probably did ok for expectations, but so what? Robs "rebuilding teams" meet expectations and the "loaded teams" grossly underachieve? That's the bar for a&m baseball? Terribly frustrating.

Rebuilding teams can apparently go to Omaha..
Aggies2009
AG
92Ag95 said:

TylerAg95 said:

golfgalag said:

I'm sorry you live your life that way.

Where is golfingalag? "This team isn't going anywhere"
VegasAg86
AG
Aggies2009 said:

who?mikejones said:

DogCompany74 said:

I wonder when he'll be back to give Coach Childress credit for the team coming back with his mindset and approach... Any second right? Right?!

Despite his assertion Childress is responsible for the results, something tells me he will say we won in spite of Childress.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.