*** KEEP THE COACH CAMPAIGN *** (6pm @ Koldus tonight 3/27)

37,098 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Aggie92
JayAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have emailed the appropriate people in the Athletic Department so they should know to stay after work to Yell.
redass2010
I can be in the commons lobby at 5 if anyone else wants to show up and help out...i.e run around crazed like and push ppl out the door to go to koldus. This HAS to happen!
AggieSunrise
AG
I hope this turns out well!!
Gigem314
AG
Email sent.
gulfcoast aggie
I wish I was close to College Station!

People need to be in every dorm, outside the MSC, Blocker, Wehner, etc. letting people know they HAVE to be there for this.
EKG1996
AG
ttt

Gig'em Ags!
Bowlinag
AG
Wish I could be there. I know 20 Ags or so up here in Dallas that would be on the road with me if we could. I need some students to support us and stand in for us. I remember going to games when the program was bad. I remember the 0-16 year in conference. Consider yourselves lucky and get out there to support BCG and keep it going. I would have quit my job or called in sick to make something like this when I was there. STAY BILLY STAY!!!!
Redassag94
AG
Estimates on how many will be there?

RedAssAg
Class of '94
Say it ain't so Billy, say it ain't so...
Captn_Ag05
AG
Make it happen for BCG!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
No telling, that's the scary part...

But this feels like the Old A&M I grew up knowing...

The Aggie Family and Spirit is at work here, I can feel it...
tcliftonc
Aggie 96 announced it on the radio bout 20 min ago... so whoever u guys are emailing its working
AgGrad99
AG

Still haven't seen anyone volunteer to hit the Dorms.......

Start rumors, tell them ESPN is in town, Warren Moon, Troy Aikman, and Anna Kournikova is over there......
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Girls I know how long it takes for you to get ready...

You better be putting on your make-up now if you expect to make it on time!
DanTheAg04
Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, won't have any effect, and will make us look dumb to other schools?
devastor
AG
Current Students & Ags in College Station its all up to you. Don't fail us!
AgGrad99
AG
quote:
Am I the only one who thinks this is a terrible idea, won't have any effect, and will make us look dumb to other schools?

Why is it dumb?

and fwiw - other schools have done it for their coaches.
bdp514am
Maybe it will have an effect maybe it won't. This isn't the same as Marshall's situation after the plane crash, but there a rally by the students did play a significant role in the administration's decision to keep the football program going. Sometimes people do listen - you never know what is going to tilt the balance sometimes.
dag07
AG
I can't speak for the whole corps, but 2nd brigade is excused from evening formation and will be there.
AggieSunrise
AG
Why is this thread showing 50+ pages?
AgGrad99
AG
^
|
|
|
|
GOOD BULL
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Um, who cares if it looks dumb? It's a gesture of school pride and gratitude for hard work. And why should we really even care what others think? In case you missed it, there are already a lot of Aggie jokes, one more ain't gonna kill you.
AggieSunrise
AG
Ok its fixed!
redass2010
Can you speak TO the whole corps possibly to get as many as possible?
AggieDubs
Dan,

It's hard to admit because of all the excitement around this, but I kind of want to bury my head in the sand regarding this idea. We seem sad and desperate. On top of, it feels like we are portraying a low confidence in our school and it's abilities to keep something good within the limits of our university. This was a hoax generated by a bunch of AR hawgs...and they did an excellent job of scaring us retarded.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
I'm a little confused. Is BCG going to be there or something? Or are we just counting on him hearing about it?

I like the idea and I'll be there, I'm just wondering.
JayAggie
AG
I got replies on my emails...secretary said she would try but couldn't promise another source said he wasn't there but he was a little higher up so I don't believe him.
Matilda
AG
I'm confused also. Is someone going to be leading yells ? Or are we just going to be standing around showing our support?
maroonblood
AG
Assuming there is coverage, he'll see it (eventually) whether he's there or not. Given the publicity of this, I hope someone is prepared to take the lead on yells, etc.
Kels
AG
Wish I could be there!
brew06
There in spirit

[This message has been edited by brew06 (edited 3/27/2007 5:19p).]

[This message has been edited by brew06 (edited 3/27/2007 5:19p).]
MasterAggie
AG
Kick ass!

heddy Lamarr
AG
stay coach

-------------
“Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”

- Mark Twain
AgGrad99
AG
quote:
It's hard to admit because of all the excitement around this, but I kind of want to bury my head in the sand regarding this idea. We seem sad and desperate. On top of, it feels like we are portraying a low confidence in our school and it's abilities to keep something good within the limits of our university. This was a hoax generated by a bunch of AR hawgs...and they did an excellent job of scaring us retarded.

Not only is he rumored to be courted by Arky, also Kentucky (not to mention schools like NC State and Indiana that were reportedly interested last year).

If our program continues to do well, we're going to keep hearing rumors about BCG.

IMHO - Showing him this kind of support is good bull, and could go a long way in showing how much we want him to stay.

(especially given the fact that he has said multiple times how important fan support is to him).

The only thing that will look silly, is if only a few people show up.......so get out there Ags!
agkyle03
AG
quote:

Good god! Having an impromptu rally in support of your b-ball coach - the guy who led our team to it's first Sweet 16 in 20+ years - is "sad and desperate." Other coaches should be so lucky.

Honestly some of you are so concerned with what other people think it is ridiculous.

It's like the teenager who walks 10 feet in front of their parents at the mall. You just have to shake your head at them.
JayAggie
AG

quote:
Jacob,
It's a nice gesture but I'm not sure anyone (at least anyone of
consequence)
will still be in the building at 6 p.m.

Another email...again not concerned b/c this seems like more of a statement...nice of these folks to reply though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.