*** KEEP THE COACH CAMPAIGN *** (6pm @ Koldus tonight 3/27)

37,106 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 17 yr ago by Aggie92
Gigem314
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went.

Expected to see a few more people...but it wasn't a bad crowd by any means. On such short notice I think it was a good gesture.

Obviously BCG didn't make it because he'd left the office a couple hours earlier. I'm guessing he's off to Atlanta with Acie?
MexAgs
Strongbad, I applaud your efforts. I criticized you early on, sorry. But I did you a favor

I turned your frown upsidedown.
hope this helps

[This message has been edited by Tex-Mex (edited 3/27/2007 8:53p).]

[This message has been edited by Tex-Mex (edited 3/27/2007 9:26p).]
AgGrad99
AG
quote:
Stupid idea, of course if flopped. And yeah, an AgTag to go along with the opinion.

A couple hundred people showing up spontaneously to show their support is 'flopping'

Man, I hope we flop more often....cause it will go a long way to show the coach how much we want him to stick around.
Fido04
AG
Well if it was a flop then what whould have be a sucess? Please tell me the magic number of people that could have been gathered together with barely a days notice that would have pleased everybody.

God sent, hell bent, aggie through and through....
DOG XO 84
AG
Short notice.. not bad. It's the thought that counts!!

Beat the hell outta arkansas!!!!
Aggie92
AG
This was a geat idea and the effort, I'm sure, was noticed. Kudos to all of you who made it out there!

I'm not sure there is anything more embarrassing to Texas A&M than the very few out there who are so insecure they can't act for fear that students at some other school will make fun of them.

Gig'Em '92
SpreadsheetAg
AG
We could welcome his plane back
MexAgs
hey I can change your smile back.....
MexAgs
or make up, if you post a pic
fightinTXaggie TXaggie
as long as more people showed up than when the team got back... cause that was pretty sad
FatherOfRyan
AG
Sorry I couldn't make it as I am 800 miles away. Props to everyone who showed up.
Oak Forest Ag
AG
Still, a great idea! Thanks to you in B/CS who went.
Bea Arthur is SEXY
quote:
as long as more people showed up than when the team got back... cause that was pretty sad

Catch 22: If you travel en masse to a road destination, then you can't be in College Station to welcome them back home when the team leaves immediately following the game.
Ag12thman
AG
GIG 'EM GILLESPIE!
fightinTXaggie TXaggie
They did get back at around 2 the next day after their game
adidashawk
Keep Billy in the Big 12!!!!!!!!!!

You guys can do it.
Predmid
AG
In case ya'll missed it, video on in 10 minutes on KBTX.
Javelina
AG
See if you can spot me!

Look Ma, I'm on TV, I'm famous!
Predmid
AG
Hey, there I am!
Terk
AG
Good job!!
weatherford
I drove from dallas and just got back into town. It was less than I thought but it was a nice gesture. Too bad BCG wasn't there.

I will be there too if another rally is set up when he returns.
Sweeeeeet Action
AG
Ok, flame away guys, but I thought this whole thing came off as a horrible flop. No disrespect to Strongbad....I think your idea was fine and enthusiasm was great.

The fact that 100-200 showed up on a campus of 45K is so pathetic I'm not even sure I can put it into words. No, I'm not necessarily judging something's success by how many attend, but Aggies pride themselves on standing behind their team (or coach in this case), and only having a handful show up at a pretty big moment in our program is just horrible.

Maybe I'm knocking the 44K+ current students who didn't show up. I don't know. But if Ags are going to do this stuff, do it with excellence. Don't just half a$$ it and hope that there's a good turnout, b/c when there's not it's lame.

And before you discount me as a 2%er, for whatever it's worth, if I lived anywhere near B/CS, I would have gone. I wish the 10's of thousands of Ags who do live near B/CS would've felt the same way.

[This message has been edited by Sweeeeeet Action (edited 3/28/2007 7:09a).]

[This message has been edited by Sweeeeeet Action (edited 3/28/2007 7:11a).]
scs2001
AG
Sweeeeet Action is right on. It was a great idea, but considering the outcome it would have been better to do nothing. This only highlights the lack of fan support at A&M for basketball. I really really hope he stays, but wouldn't blame him for leaving.
Maggie82
OK, everybody...there's a big Billy rally at my house in Traditions in 3 hours!. Everybody come show your support!

Just an example to show that this idea was ghey from the beginning. It shows nothing but that spontaneous knee-jerk planning results in poor attendance, no matter what the cause.

Billy isn't going anywhere and, though well intended I'm sure, lame stunts like this don't need to be attempted.
captbunch18
nm

[This message has been edited by captbunch18 (edited 3/28/2007 8:42a).]

[This message has been edited by captbunch18 (edited 3/28/2007 8:44a).]
AgGrad99
AG
I've seen it on several news sites, and newspaper articles.

All basically saying the same thing.....Aggie fans got together impromptu, to show their support for Gillispie.

I dont see how you can call that a flop.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Maybe it helped!?

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4668232.html
Aggie92
AG
quote:
It shows nothing but that spontaneous knee-jerk planning results in poor attendance, no matter what the cause.

uptight?

Gig'Em '92

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.