Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

OL turn around?

4,484 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by W
vander54
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S

I know it's still early but seems to be a much better unit this year (not saying much).
World's worst proofreader
Kraft Punk
They looked dominate yesterday

Need to do it against teams w a pulse but considering we got absolute bullied by sunbelt teams the past 2 years it is encouraging to say the least
mustang1234
It was nice to finally see a running game after 2 years.
aglaes
AG
You just have to wonder what Achane could have been with a really good OL.
Slicer97
AG
Addazio was an even bigger thief than Jimbo or Sumlin.
The Banned
I don't think it's too early to get excited. Addazio really did suck that bad. We always had the talent
czar_iv
AG
Slicer97 said:

Addazio was an even bigger thief than Jimbo or Sumlin.
Definitely! Basically the same personnel and they are doing some much better
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
halfastros81
AG
You can thank coaching and scheme and maybe s&c. Florida is kind of a mess so will wait a few more games to give too much accolades but the trend is very positive.
$3 Sack of Groceries
AG
Kraft Punk said:

Need to do it against teams w a pulse but considering we got absolute bullied by sunbelt teams the past 2 years it is encouraging to say the least

Dominant.
You are dominant when you dominate.
You are an alumnus (not alumni) of Texas A&M. Stop making this mistake. It's rampant in this board and has been for years.
Aston04
AG
Sorta. 1 year older, bigger, stronger... Plus a fish and transfer upgrades at guard and center.
Randy Rhodes
I refuse to believe Addazio even showed up to practice
brunsie
AG
Don't forget that florida was losing the game. Not loosing.

Lose vs loose.
halfastros81
AG
We may have been better if he didn't.
Tanker123
They seem to be improving each game.
TexanJeff
AG
Kraft Punk said:

That last statement is key

Two years ago we could not get DeVON Achane room to run against App State

Think about that.

TylerAg98
AG
$3 Sack of Groceries said:

Kraft Punk said:

Dominant.
You are an alumnus (not alumni) of Texas A&M. Stop making this mistake. It's rampant in this board and has been for years.

If you are trying to correct grammar or spelling on this board, you will be fighting a losing battle.
Bill Superman
AG
This has been a very impressive turnaround. OL has gone from by far the weakest unit the past 2 seasons and what could be the strongest unit on the team.

If we can keep this level of OL play up then we'll have a chance against anyone.
Artimus Gordon
AG
Big guys using brute force to defeat an opponent should be the objective. Not flitting around like a ballet dancer trying to keep the QB from getting killed.
EVA3
AG
TylerAg98 said:

Kraft Punk said:

Dominant.

If you are trying to correct grammar or spelling on this board, you will be fighting a losing battle.
Loosing
halfastros81
AG
I would say alcohol is a factor but loosing has been pervasive on this board for a long time. What a bunch of loosers.
ahpetty33
AG
It is interesting to still see the amount of rotation and heavy sets on the OL. At different points early in the game yesterday I saw shanahan, dewberry, and fatheree, none of whom are in the starting 5. They may still be testing what their best 5 is, which is exciting if it means there is further improvement to be had. Losing nabou was such a shame, he was ready to have a good year
Aggie Dad 26
I thought they looked improved in the Notre Dame game. Haven't disappointed me yet. Still plenty of room to improve
rondis23
AG

Kraft Punk said:

Dominant.

English major alumnus in the house! Woooo!
AtticusMatlock
It is a scheme thing along with coaching. We are mixing up our run looks with power, zone, counter, jet sweeps, etc. Hard for a defense to play over-aggressive.

The big thing about our sacks under Jimbo was the amount of time it took to get the play in. Little time to look over the defense to make OL blocking adjustments and a lot of the time snapping the ball with less than 3 seconds left on the play clock. We are really mixing up the formations and snap counts.
zafzo

Kraft Punk said:

Dominant.

Thank you. I'm not usually a grammar nut but the basic middle school English errors like this drive me nuts coming from college graduates.
ahpetty33
AG
Is there anywhere we can view snap counts for offensive linemen during the Florida game? Any news on Koli injury?
dcg4403
AG
Massive improvements over last few years. Clear as night vs day starting from Game 1 against ND. A bit of a disappointment against McNeese but this team is improving game over game. Keep this up and bright things ahead.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
back to back games of 300 yard plus rushing doesn't happen often these days. fantastic job by the offensive line.
DGrimesAg92
When your QB-1 stands in the pocket long enough to order a pizza, he's gonna get hit.

Reed knows how to AVOID the hits and sacks.
TheGodfather
AG
We still would have needed a coach committed to getting him 20-30 touches a game. I always felt Achane was under-utilized.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Randy Rhodes said:

I refuse to believe Addazio even showed up to practice

We likely would have been better off if he hadn't. In his fiest year our two best OL from the year prior regressed massively. He was a bad coach and IMO an even worse person for choosing his ego over success and potential future of his players.
Maroon Flash
AG
Still early but the trend is toward them being a bunch of big nasty bullies.
Maroon Flash
Kraft Punk

Kraft Punk said:

Dominant.

Math makes my money weenie boy

Save your grammar lecture for the other soy boys such as yourself
ironmanag
AG
We need to keep improving, but the change from last year to this year is incredible.
Hubert J. Farnsworth
I can almost guarantee that a simplified blocking scheme is responsible for the turnaround in o-line play. The blocking scheme under Jimbo was atrocious and overly complicated. The majority of the busts were due to the guys having no idea who they were supposed to be blocking.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.